Sacrifizzle

Outbreaker XXXX

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have to press X in L4D2 to get the achievement?

Probably, it is the same campaign after all.

someone said that you don´t get it if your a Tank (i was a Spitter when i got it in L4D2)

I was a hunter, didn't get it.

That would see logical I'll try it out :) let you know if it works

Please do! :)

I just grabbed the survivor with the smokers tongue while he was starting the generator but no achievement.

Could it be that this is because the zombie horde or an AI Tank caused the final points of damage to kill him. btw. did that twice once while he was activating the generator and once while he had just jumped down of the bridge.

Just tried this on Left4Dead2 so far.

So do you just have to down him or really grab him like with a hunter, jockey or smoker and does it have to be while he is starting the generator?

Worked no problem on L4D2 but on the first one, we had a party with 8 people. We made sure we were in a local server. We made sure we hit x on the generator first. We tried everything after this. We killed the player as a tank, as a hunter, as a smoker. and no matter how many times we tried, no one got the achievement. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THIS IN L4F1?

Worked no problem on L4D2 but on the first one, we had a party with 8 people. We made sure we were in a local server. We made sure we hit x on the generator first. We tried everything after this. We killed the player as a tank, as a hunter, as a smoker. and no matter how many times we tried, no one got the achievement. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THIS IN L4F1?

I think we must admit this achievement is totally glitched and unobtainable.

Everything has been tried (local, dedicated server, system link with 2 controllers, and with every special infected).

If a patch or an update is not released, nobody will be able to unlock it (except hackers of course) :(

Wow this sucks to hear! i had a hard enough time making sure this would unlock on L4D2. and was gonna rent this game again next to get the 1500G

So ill ask if anyone has tried this. This is what got mine to unlock on l4d2.

Make sure the person you are trying to kill..aka the survivor, Is the host.

This is what helped me get it on L4D2. i tried 17 times before with me being host and it would pop till my partner said "how about i try hosting a local" but if it doesn't pop on local tell your partner to try it on a dedicated.

Wow this sucks to hear! i had a hard enough time making sure this would unlock on L4D2. and was gonna rent this game again next to get the 1500G

So ill ask if anyone has tried this. This is what got mine to unlock on l4d2.

Make sure the person you are trying to kill..aka the survivor, Is the host.

This is what helped me get it on L4D2. i tried 17 times before with me being host and it would pop till my partner said "how about i try hosting a local" but if it doesn't pop on local tell your partner to try it on a dedicated.

I'm sorry to tell you that dude, but the survivor we've incapped was the host... (and we didn't try just one time, maybe 8 or 9...).

Damn, Im sorry to hear that. guess i wont be getting this DLC then.

You tried on both local and dedicated servers?

Hell yeah... As i've said in another thread, I'm pretty sure this achievement is unobtainable unless Valve makes a patch or an update.

We've been workin on this for a few hours with my friends, and nothing popped.

I hope somebody will find the "magic" solution, but I really doubt it :(

I heard they have to have pressed X on the generator to register as the sacrifice, not sure if it's true though.

It is NOT true. You can incapacitate the survivor as soon as they jump down. That's the case in L4D2 at least.

Edited by epicrage

just got all the sacrifice achievement in L4D2, looks like ill wait on purchasing the first left 4 dead dlc. This is the same exact problem with crash course versus achievements.

yo can get the crash course achievements with a local host, but this new achievement it is unobtainable as everybody said before. By the way yo don't need to hit "x" on the gen to get the achievement in l4d2 i was playing as a smoker and i got it in my first try