The Official Bitching Thread

Barad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres way to many issues that any tester should of found within minutes of playing the game

lets just call it how it is.

its a joke that 12 years later, the simplest of gameplay/character/driving mechanics Rockstar had in GTA 3 still isnt any of these knockoff games and we continue to have a million small issues that they dont even bother to fix

Assassins Creed basically has all the same type of fighting and climbing/jumping mechanics in this game...and that series has been around since 2007 and even UbiSoft had issues trying to develop that type of game but they perfected all the minor issues with their 2nd game in 2009 and now have a high quality series(and of anyone whos tried to match Rockstar's games its them and only them)....they got 3 games since 2009 that set the bar for that type of gameplay

this is the 3rd fake GTA game by United Front Games...and they spent as much time on this game that Rockstar did on GTA IV for the new gen hardware when it came out..and when RDR came out it had the same amount of time, same with GTA 5 when that comes out

Volition has released the last 2 saints row AFTER GTA 4 was already out and neither of them have even come close to looking or playing any better than the first game in 2006.

they all try to hide behind that stupid slogan "were trying to make a fun game rather than realistic" shit all they want, the game isnt fun when everything is done piss poor and you havent made anything close to GTA 3 let alone Vice City or San Andreas which they try to say is their goals...guess what, when those games were coming out, you were still making piss poor knockoffs then as well, and when the new gen came out with GTA IV and raised the bar again...oh by the way still top 10 on XBL as of last week and number 1 on PC

i dont remember any of these knockoff brands making any splash in sales...so clearly what ever type of gameplay they're going for isnt what ppl want and never was at any point in the last 2 entire console generations

You just complain and complain do you? lol. Well, i think this http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/sleeping-dogs and this http://www.computerandvideogames.com/363921/uk-chart-sleeping-dogs-beats-mario-to-no1/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS and the people on here disagree with you for calling out the game not being fun like it's a fact.

If you don't enjoy it then just say "I" don't no need to make all this sad story about it. Oh, and for the record, why play it if it's so goddamn shitty? why not go back to GTA IV or RDR? Some people like change of scenery, pace and what not. Saint's row, GTA, RDR, Sleeping Dogs all have their own unique features and flavors.

I find GTA IV boring because of how REALISTIC it tries to be. The best thing about GTA IV is the physics and that's it. Other then that it's boring, story is not memorable and not even the missions had something of an impact or uniqure thing you had to do (besides the mission where the girl tries to steer the car, found that uniqute and also the mission where you steal the bank, that's it) to it that made you remember it. RDR had a great story yet the same old boring realistic gameplay with great physics. However, not everyone wants to play a game in the old west. You also have to remember that Rockstar on their name alone sell their game, regardless of the game.

I'll bet you 100$ if L.A Noire released without the name R* on it then it would not have sold that much and yes, R* only published the game. Stop spewing out your opinion like it's a fact when it's not. Know what you're talking about then talk.

EDIT: The PC version of Sleeping Dogs is also a fantastic and superior port, takes advantage of the PC limitless hardware where as GTA IV on PC was just a disaster lol.

theres way to many issues that any tester should of found within minutes of playing the game

lets just call it how it is.

its a joke that 12 years later, the simplest of gameplay/character/driving mechanics Rockstar had in GTA 3 still isnt any of these knockoff games and we continue to have a million small issues that they dont even bother to fix

Assassins Creed basically has all the same type of fighting and climbing/jumping mechanics in this game...and that series has been around since 2007 and even UbiSoft had issues trying to develop that type of game but they perfected all the minor issues with their 2nd game in 2009 and now have a high quality series(and of anyone whos tried to match Rockstar's games its them and only them)....they got 3 games since 2009 that set the bar for that type of gameplay

this is the 3rd fake GTA game by United Front Games...and they spent as much time on this game that Rockstar did on GTA IV for the new gen hardware when it came out..and when RDR came out it had the same amount of time, same with GTA 5 when that comes out

Volition has released the last 2 saints row AFTER GTA 4 was already out and neither of them have even come close to looking or playing any better than the first game in 2006.

they all try to hide behind that stupid slogan "were trying to make a fun game rather than realistic" shit all they want, the game isnt fun when everything is done piss poor and you havent made anything close to GTA 3 let alone Vice City or San Andreas which they try to say is their goals...guess what, when those games were coming out, you were still making piss poor knockoffs then as well, and when the new gen came out with GTA IV and raised the bar again...oh by the way still top 10 on XBL as of last week and number 1 on PC

i dont remember any of these knockoff brands making any splash in sales...so clearly what ever type of gameplay they're going for isnt what ppl want and never was at any point in the last 2 entire console generations

Not making a splash in sales? Sleeping Dogs sold better than New Super Mario Bros. 2, here in the UK. For a game that almost never came out at all, that's pretty massive to be able to beat gaming's biggest icon. Also, I don't know about others here but I didn't like GTA IV, the gameplay itself was OK, but it was boring, all the humor and tongue-in-cheek moments where completely removed from the main story, and where confined to the radio and vastly toned down compared to the PS2 trilogy. Sleeping Dogs on the other hand has been a blast to play, and at this point would buy a sequel to this over GTA V, sure it's not perfect, but games don't have to be.

I find GTA IV boring because of how REALISTIC it tries to be. The best thing about GTA IV is the physics and that's it. Other then that it's boring, story is not memorable and not even the missions had something of an impact or uniqure thing you had to do (besides the mission where the girl tries to steer the car, found that uniqute and also the mission where you steal the bank, that's it) to it that made you remember it. RDR had a great story yet the same old boring realistic gameplay with great physics. However, not everyone wants to play a game in the old west. You also have to remember that Rockstar on their name alone sell their game, regardless of the game.

Finally someone else who thought GTA 4 wasnt that good! I personally thought it was the worst in the series (Vice city being me personal favorite)

Even only 10 minutes into sleeping dogs i was already enjoying it more than the whole of GTA 4 (although TLaD was pretty fun)

Finally someone else who thought GTA 4 wasnt that good! I personally thought it was the worst in the series (Vice city being me personal favorite)

Even only 10 minutes into sleeping dogs i was already enjoying it more than the whole of GTA 4 (although TLaD was pretty fun)

TLAD was ok for me, i found BOGT to be much more fun and memorable then both GTA 4 + TLAD. Don't get me wrong though GTA 4 is a very polished game but it's just not fun. The 1 hour i spend on Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs gives me more fun than GTA 4. GTA 4 in long stretches (1 hour and more) feels like a chore really.

TLAD was ok for me, i found BOGT to be much more fun and memorable then both GTA 4 + TLAD. Don't get me wrong though GTA 4 is a very polished game but it's just not fun. The 1 hour i spend on Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs gives me more fun than GTA 4. GTA 4 in long stretches (1 hour and more) feels like a chore really.

Well, by the time BoGT came out i had already spend way to much time with GTA 4 and the horrible driving mechanics and the cluncky running and cover got to me so i never finished it. It actually got to the point that i'm not even excited for GTA 5 unless they bring back everything they left out of 4, especially being able to pick up armor and weapons in or in front of our house.

Im still VERY pissed that the only thing i got from shooting every pigeon was: the streets are much cleaner now! Really!? Stupid me, up untill the last pigeon i was thinking: i hope it unlocks everything in one go then...

Edited by TheLegendOf1977

Well, by the time BoGT came out i had already spend way to much time with GTA 4 and the horrible driving mechanics and the cluncky running and cover got to me so i never finished it.

The driving mechanics in GTA 4 were near on perfect imo.The cover system was a bit clunky however I also had huge problems with the cover system in sleeping dogs.I enjoyed both game but Sleeping dogs is not near the level of GTA 4.Still Sleeping dogs was a huge improvement over the past True crime games which were awful.

Really? I felt every car had a turning circle of about a mile and the tires were like water balloons :p maybe thats just me...

You must of spent a lot of time driving buses lol.The driving was the best part of GTA 4 for me.I loved driving around in the online free mode at the airport jumping ramps,drifting under planes.Good times shame my disc got chewed by my Great Dane.Not bothered on replacing it since the next GTA is on its way.I'm not a huge fan of the arcade style driving in Sleeping dogs and Saint row 3.Still it works well with an action focused game like sleeping dogs.

jesus christ, i had to manually use restart checkpoint atleast 4-5 times during the final missions cause either doors which were supposed to open didnt, or other things that clearly were suppose to trigger a cutscene wouldn't activate..

and then the icing on the cake, after sitting thru the 10hour credits(didnt wanna risk pressing B and have it not actually count that i beat the game...like it did after finishing a karaoke song cause i pressed B to exit cause the song was over...nope gotta redo it cause the game developers and testers are crap), i couldnt even access the wardrobe in the apartment, i had to manually save and reload so i could stop looking at the stupid business suit i was forced to wear for the last 10+ missions

oh and speaking of wardrobes, i love how they waste your time with all these different clothes you can buy when every f'ning mission basically changes your outfit or requires you to go get changed, so screw u if you want to play the game with a specific outfit....wanna look cool wearing the Bruce Lee jumpsuit? tough shit cause were gonna make you wear suits for the every mission later in the game which is when you actually reach Face 8 and can finally wear the Bruce Lee jump suit

that being said, even with all these issues, atleast it was better than Max Cutscenes 3:drunk

Edited by eiVaL

Not making a splash in sales? Sleeping Dogs sold better than New Super Mario Bros. 2, here in the UK.

lol it outsold a handheld game, THAT WEEK in the UK...not even Europe, 1 country out of 200+ in the world. when the handheld market clearly isnt huge in UK to begin with cause they didnt bother shipping the game till a month later

theres 20 million 3DS sold

theres 120 million PS3/360 sold

NSMB2 has been out over a month in Japan and already has almost 1 mil in sales before releasing in the rest of the world last week.

NSMB1 has 28 million in sales world wide since 2006. so i think its safe to say any comparisons of the 2 franchise and genres is just dumb.

i never see any other genre outside of its main market be used as comparison against something thats popular in another area...how bout we go the other way and talk about Xbox sales are horrible in Japan, which is why they completely stopped shipping new consoles, compared to nintendo and sony...whats the point, it doesnt change the fact that microsoft still leads in worldwide software sales almost every week....even without the asian market.

i think the fact that this UK sales report doesnt actually show any stats and theres no other reports on google at all makes it safe to say the sales arent anything to brag about.

nobody beats around the bush with vague articles when COD or Halo is released....they get the actual sales numbers within 24hrs, cause the sales are actually newsworthy.

so lets just fall back on this UK sales story, like its breaking records when were probably gonna find out it didn't even break 1 million worldwide when the NPD numbers come out next week

u can see on VGchartz that NSMB2 numbers from last week is barely 150k and it was number 1 WORLDWIDE, with it still only available in Japan..the number 1 console game on the European chart last week was the stupid London Olympics game with 50k on both PS3 and 360 so that means all Sleeping Dogs has to do is sell over 100k to be number 1 in Europe even less for just the UK

Edited by eiVaL

I get this weird issue where I get no HUD sometimes after certain parts of the mission. I can't even pause the game or open up a map. And if I hit the Guide button, when I go out of the Xbox menu and back into the game, it's frozen.

Oh well, just need 1 more cheevo anyway and I'm done with this. I think it's a pretty good game, though.

Well in my experience generally speaking the game was fine. The only issue I had was the stat counter got stuck at around 96% even though the game was at 100% completion. Used the workaround by redoing a martial arts club and that unglitched it.

Had one or two minor glitches with getting in and out of cars, and vehicles getting stuck, but to be honest nothing major, there have been bigger name game releases than this with monumental game breaking problems. This one isn't bad at all, nothing a few patches wont fix, which is the norm for most new releases to be honest.

Ive had no problems with thegame what so ever, but my only complaint being the camera.

i try to do 180 turns in cars and the fricking camera spins round almost 360 and pits me back where i didnt want to be.

doing any turning fast is sometimes a waste with the strangely fast moving camera ; ;

ive changed what settings i can and it dont help much >.>

So strange... I'm reading about the amount of glitches and bugs, but i've spend around 20 hours with the game now and have yet to encounter a single glitch or bug...

Same here. It is amazing at every one else's experience with the bugs/glitches in this game.

To bitch....I guess I would say, I hate racing in these games...just like the racing in every GTA game. At least in this one, the one's that were required to progress the story weren't that difficult. (Mind you, I suck at racing, and abhor it)