How do you kill Mothrakk?

euanpetrie

1. Spawn Vehicle with Rocket Launcher.

2. Lock on to Mothrakk

3. Hold the trigger corresponding to the auto targetting weapon down.

4. Keep moving the vehicle in a medium sized radius to avoid the fireballs.

Optional.

5. After you die the first time, grab another vehicle and drive to Mothrakk's location. He should still be swooping around in the air so you'll spot him easily. Lock on to him from a distance and just unleash on him, again with the auto targeting - for some reason he doesn't respond to your attacks if you're not in a specific radius of him but you still deal damage when you get in some hits.

It's a slow method but it definitely works

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Spawn Vehicle with Rocket Launcher.

2. Lock on to Mothrakk

3. Hold the trigger corresponding to the auto targetting weapon down.

4. Keep moving the vehicle in a medium sized radius to avoid the fireballs.

Optional.

5. After you die the first time, grab another vehicle and drive to Mothrakk's location. He should still be swooping around in the air so you'll spot him easily. Lock on to him from a distance and just unleash on him, again with the auto targeting - for some reason he doesn't respond to your attacks if you're not in a specific radius of him but you still deal damage when you get in some hits.

It's a slow method but it definitely works

exactly,i went past pisswash gully with him locked on,started shooting,he attempted to come over but turned back halfway,was easy peasy:woop:

My buddy and I both got into rocket turrets and would watch his flight path, which changed rarely, and we would shoot non-stop in a set place in his flight path. He would fly right into our rockets and would never bother us. Long, but sure way....

Oddly enough I thought he was the toughest boss in the whole game, all the others were a piece of cake but I died a few times against this bugger.

For me it was Bonehead... That one took way too long...

Edited by kold2i3

I was experiencing the same problems...keep shooting and next to no damage. She got the better of me and I respawned on a rock ledge with a gap for the new-u over looking a small 'pond'. Pulled out the trusty sniper rifle and shot at quite a distance. She came toward me and as long as I stayed behind the new-u pole, I received zero damage from her. It started flying in a predictable pattern straight at me which made unloading on it pretty easy. Plus being at an elevated position made shooting it consistantly and accurately easier.

This boss posed some significant problems for me and my cousin as well. We were playing Splitscreen (we're still on our first playthrough) and she just kept demolishing us.

What we ended up doing is just unloading into her and keep running.

We were on foot for the entire battle and each died about 5 times.

But, what worked was just running and shooting at the same time.

Her fireballs aren't that difficult to dodge as she rarely aims "in front of" where you're running to. But if she does, you have plenty of time to dodge them, unless you get stuck in a corner or on a rock or something.

Basically, my cousin ended up hiding and trying to regen his shields while I unloaded my Assault Rifle into her. I was only doing like 55s and 60s on her with it, but prolonged fire put her down after only about 45-60 seconds. I just tilted my head up, watched the fireballs, kept scoped in with the rifle (well, it didn't have a scope, but it was good enough) and unloaded into her body.

But, before I figured out how to maneuver and keep firing at the same time, we had died 10 times in the span of 5 minutes and had done minimal damage to her. We just kept trying to find safe places to hide from the fireballs and shoot her. But, it just didn't work.

I used the little shack just a little down the road (opposite of the way to the catch'a'ride) which is in my opinion the safest and closest place to hide whilst giving you an enormous view over the sky. You just duck and shoot out of the window with just about anything, you can take shelter in the tunnel 1 feet away when he is trying to roast you, and you can buy a new gun if you want to have a little break from the fight. Worked like a charm for me!

Just be sure to kill the bandits in and around the shack before you call Mothrakk to come out and play.

I used phase-walking to disappear from her radar so that the fireballs don't target me. Once I exit, I use a sniper rifle on her (gotta hit the "head and body parts" to register some damage). Rinse and repeat. No problems at all for both playthroughs.

Instead of using Phasewalk to run away, use it to your advantage. Add Fire to your enter/exit of Phasewalk and blast it every time it swoops. If you have the perk to add corrosive damage when you melee, then every time you exit, melee it.

If your playing as the Siren you hardly have to use any gun.

I came across this mothrakk for first time, and died. Then I took it down 2nd try doing barely nothing. Might be lucky or glitchy.

I got to the top of the factory where thugs and scavenge gun mission are, and just stand there, watch & snipe the mothrakk. It'll come, then enemies around me just shoot at it. Then I just took the last shot.

Maybe this tip helps if other methods aren't working.

I ran down and took cover under that carport thing down the hill. I equipped sniper rifles and used them too whittle down his health. He stops right before he spits fire so u get a clear shot. expect to take damage but use the car port to heal.

I also did this but I had some friends with me so I could kill it but it still took awhile. Like judogrrl said just hide under the carport and take your time with it.

I have been shooting this damn flying loser for the past 20 minutes and nothing seems to harm it. I am using a 243 dmg sniper rifle, or I have used the elephant gun and also a shock smg and her health will not go down. Any ideas?

thats prtetty much what i used, shoot at it then run into the garage bit to stay safe then pop out again and shoot, rinse and repeat :)

My first playthrough fight of Moth wasnt too bad, I just used a decent sniper and aimed at the middle of his body, leading the shot a bit.

My 2nd playthrough of him took forever, I used a sniper again, and just sprinted in circles if he hit me with a fireball until i got full shields back and repeated shooting and running.

I was playing as a Hunter at level 22 the first time I did the quest. After I saw it was level 25, I ran off to level up some more. After getting to level 26, I went back to this mission with a sniper rifle (I don't remember which) and full ammo. I heard a lot of people suggest using a vehicle, but I actually hid up in the mountains.

Near where Mothrakk spawns (SE of it) there's a bandit hideout higher up on a mountain. I cleared out the enemies there and hid on the large balcony with the red/orange awning (the Catch-A-Ride station is visible to the SW). The Mothrakk is visible and I kept sniping her. Of course, this made her angry and she pelted fire on me quite a bit.

However, the awning absorbed most of her attacks. While I did get some shield damage I was never in the position where I had to use Med-kits. I would shoot her, she'd bombard my general area and fly another direction. I'd find her and the cycle would repeat.

Pretty easy.

The safest way to kill the Mothrakk is with the rocket launchers on the car. All I did was get the Mothrakk to apprear, drove far enough away that it didn't follow me when I attacked, but could still aim high enough with enough accuracy to be effective.

Then it was just a matter of timing my shots - if you aim in front of the Mothrakk and shoot a second before it flies past there within its' flightpath, then it should hit it. Do it a few times and wolla, dead Rakk giant.

• 1 month later...