Father Takes Away Kid's Xbox, Kid Calls the Cops

DividedbyN1ght

No, I didn't call the cops because of his parenting decisions. If It was because of that I would of called them the instant he took my xbox. I tried to get the police involved because the situation escalated into what is essentially extortion. As for the disrespectful part, I think it's kind of disrespectful to abandon your family and try and squeeze as much money out of them as possible.

As I have said before, I only called the police as a last resort. I sure as fuck didn't want it to come to this, but my mum and I both felt it necessary given the situation.

Your the 17 year old that called the cops over your dad taking away your Xbox?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should we belive that your the person that called the cops on his Father?

Well to be honest there's absolutely no way of actually proving this without giving out personal information, but why would I still be going on about it this long after if I was just bullshitting? There's nothing to gain except getting shit from the people on here.

Well to be honest there's absolutely no way of actually proving this without giving out personal information, but why would I still be going on about it this long after if I was just bullshitting? There's nothing to gain except getting shit from the people on here.

I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful but man up. If what you said is all true, then you are now the 'man of the house' taking care of your mum and younger brother. If your dad is truly an asshole like you say, give up on him, because it sounds like he has given up on you.

You mentioned that he kept your xbox as some sort of tool or power over you. People only have power as long as those around them are willing to admit that, so ignore him. I understand you are young and have spent a lot of money on the console, but take this as one of life's lessons and move one

I don't mean for this to sound disrespectful but man up. If what you said is all true, then you are now the 'man of the house' taking care of your mum and younger brother. If your dad is truly an asshole like you say, give up on him, because it sounds like he has given up on you.

You mentioned that he kept your xbox as some sort of tool or power over you. People only have power as long as those around them are willing to admit that, so ignore him. I understand you are young and have spent a lot of money on the console, but take this as one of life's lessons and move one

I would love to move on, to have this piece of shit out of my life, but the only thing from stopping not only me but my mum and brother as well is this fucking xbox. I can admit that calling the police was extreme, but we are well within out legal rights to demand it back. I'm not going to simply let my father steal my xbox, not after he has already stolen so much already.

I would love to move on, to have this piece of shit out of my life, but the only thing from stopping not only me but my mum and brother as well is this fucking xbox. I can admit that calling the police was extreme, but we are well within out legal rights to demand it back. I'm not going to simply let my father steal my xbox, not after he has already stolen so much already.

Again i mean no disrespect but by moving on i mean count the xbox as a loss. Sure there may be legal proceedings you could follow and i understand it may be important to you and your family but the more you tug the issue the more your father has control over you. I don't want to sugar coat it but chances are this isn't going to be the only time in your life somebody screws you over.

By all means free free to grab the nearest object and take the law into your own hands, just be sure you are willing to accept the consequences before acting. If not sever all ties with your father, accept the fact your father is an asshole and 'won' on this occasion and focus on what's important to you and your mum and brother. If you still feel your xbox is more important then i wish you luck, not only in this matter but with the rest of your life.

Again i mean no disrespect but by moving on i mean count the xbox as a loss. Sure there may be legal proceedings you could follow and i understand it may be important to you and your family but the more you tug the issue the more your father has control over you. I don't want to sugar coat it but chances are this isn't going to be the only time in your life somebody screws you over.

By all means free free to grab the nearest object and take the law into your own hands, just be sure you are willing to accept the consequences before acting. If not sever all ties with your father, accept the fact your father is an asshole and 'won' on this occasion and focus on what's important to you and your mum and brother. If you still feel your xbox is more important then i wish you luck, not only in this matter but with the rest of your life.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3jvytTE1C1qbx51ho1_250.gif

Well said, sir.

Yeah, I get that. I know it would be best to just leave this be, but the very idea of letting him win this is too much. It's more than likely just me being a stubborn, idiot teenager, but getting this back means more to me than simply having an xbox back. It would be a big old "fuck you" send off to my dad. Also, even If I were to let it go, my mum will still be pursuing this. The papers made me look like some shitty little kid rebelling against his parents, but they neglected to mention that I'm not the only one pushing for this.

The situation isn't funny, it's stupid. "Kid" is misleading in the topic title, 17-years-old is way more than old enough to know better than to do that. I can't find the humor in a guy that's practically an adult throwing a tantrum and getting the police involved.

An actual funny situation would have been a young kid doing this, but that isn't the case here.

Exactly what I thought, I thought he was going to be 8 or something

It happened something similar to me, but that was a different situation (such an irony). I did call cops, but because my father hurt me a lot (and took my 360 away btw). I had the body full of bruises, so I think I'm justified.

EDIT: Oh, and my grades were (and still are) very good.

wasting police time

You mean eating donuts during robbers? Because that's what they were doing while my new bike has been stolen near my school. And this is just one of the many examples.

Look here people. I know this might seem hard to believe but I am in fact the 17 year old who called the police. Now, a lot of you are saying shit about me, which I fully understand. I would think some one who did this was a complete lunatic too. The thing is, the whole side of the story hasn't been told.

My father was given the xbox for a month. That was back in may. It is now july and we still haven't gotten the xbox. I have asked for it back and my mum has (wow that sounds lame). You see, my family is still suffering from a very bad split from 2 years ago. My Dad is a complete and utter asshole, and the shit he has put us through is absolutely disgusting. We nearly lost our fucking house because of him because he wanted money instead of the family he was abandoning to have a home. He is now using the possession of the xbox as a means to have some sort of power over us. He can and is using it against us (such as demanding us to pay him for an already resolved debt etc.) Also, it should be noted the my father took this to the fucking news. This shows how fucking petty and vengeful this asshole can be.

The reason I finally took it to the police because I was sick of being pretty much bullied. I want to have nothing to do with my dad anymore, and the last remaining connection between us is this fucking xbox. Now, you might think, Oh its just an xbox whatever, but its a new slim w/ kinect, and being 17 and actually buying it with my own money, you can kind of see how this is something to want back. Also the fact that it has hundreds of gigs worth of game data as well as arcade and games on demand games.

These articles make me look like some childish, spoilt piece of shit, but this isn't just about the me having a cry about someone taking my xbox away, it's about finaly severing a tie between a person who has caused so much pain not only to me but my entire family. I can understand where all of you people are coming from, but I thought I should at least get out my side of it.

And honest to god I am the kid this is about.

I fully understand you, because my father is exactly as yours.

Edited by Walecs360

This thread really needs to just be locked/deleted or moved to another section because honestly it has absolutely NOTHING to do with gaming besides the fact that a console was involved.

I don't come to this site to discuss child rearing tips or how children should be raised or how they should act. I come here to discuss gaming news and what not and this most certainly doesn't fit into that.

It could be moved to off-topic. Would that not bother you then? You could just not read it.

Smart, I bet he's one of those kids thats life would end if his cod leader board rank dropped, thats why he be so frantic trying to get it back

Have you been reading these posts? How does he in anyway come across like that? The media always twist things for a better story. Hope everything works out for you.

Edited by DJConnelly

Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read what I wrote, even if you still disagree with what I've done. I don't mind if you still think I'm in the wrong, at least you got my side of the story and were able to make an informed opinion instead of just jumping to conclusions. I just got the xbox back a few hours ago. I don't even fucking know why, but it's back, I'm not complaining.

Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read what I wrote, even if you still disagree with what I've done. I don't mind if you still think I'm in the wrong, at least you got my side of the story and were able to make an informed opinion instead of just jumping to conclusions. I just got the xbox back a few hours ago. I don't even fucking know why, but it's back, I'm not complaining.

Enjoy it. Next time your Dad comes round, punch him in the dick.

Exactly. It's what he deserves.

I made this thread to support you.

Thanks haha. People still seem to think I'm in the wrong there. When people hear about a kid lashing out against his parents they just assume the kid is completely at fault, although I would say this is true most of the time. It's kinda crappy, but people need to realise parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.

Thanks haha. People still seem to think I'm in the wrong there. When people hear about a kid lashing out against his parents they just assume the kid is completely at fault, although I would say this is true most of the time. It's kinda crappy, but people need to realise parents can be just as shitty and evil as kids can.

Hey, i'm glad everything worked out for you, tbh from the way you described the situation i didn't expect it to, but maybe there is a shred of decency in your father after all:)

You mean eating donuts during robbers? Because that's what they were doing while my new bike has been stolen near my school. And this is just one of the many examples.

They are not cops from fuckin Minority Report...they can't stop crimes that haven't happened yet. Were they supposed to be standing guard on your bike 24/7 instead of eating? And no offense but...it's just a bike, not exactly a high priority. Cops gotta eat too.

Edited by Gackt