Anyone else horribly disappointed?

resevil239

The first few mins were cool, with a lot of set pieces referencing the original game. But the story was lame imo, since there was barely one till literally the last few seconds, and even that boiled down to just "this booker did this instead and this is how we got to rapture". The fact that they didn't even bother trying to give us new plasmids and just re-hashed the vigors (Well there is the winter one...but just one? really?), and worse still, they couldn't even bother brining back the eve hypos and instead just remained the salts bottles. I was also very disappointed that there were no optional big daddy battles, and that health/eve/shield upgrades are still just with infusions rather than being able to get adam and upgrade ala bioshock 1.

all in all, with how much of infinite was kept it felt more like bioshock 1 redone in infinite rather than bioshock 1 with some infinite mechanics. I suppose that was the point, but they could have at least made it feel a little like rapture by doing little things like replacing the salts bottle model with the classic eve hypos. same with health kits. Bringing back bioshock plasmids also would have been nice, and reusing the same infinite ones was lore breaking lameness.

So anyone else agree? Judging from the reviews its been getting I'm guessing I'm in the minority. But a 9/10? Really? This DLC is HARDLY on par with the main game, in any aspect.

I actually wasn't that all impressed with Infinite. To be fair, I thought the first Bioshock was one of the best games of this generation, hands down. But, Infinite to me was incredibly generic. That being said I won't even get into the dlc but my wife loves it. I personally think $15 for a 90 minute dlc is ludicrous.

I actually wasn't that all impressed with Infinite. To be fair, I thought the first Bioshock was one of the best games of this generation, hands down. But, Infinite to me was incredibly generic. That being said I won't even get into the dlc but my wife loves it. I personally think $15 for a 90 minute dlc is ludicrous.

I agree with you on the first bioshock, but disagree on infinite. I personally think Infinite had one of the best stories of any game in recent memory. Its gameplay was okay, but the only real issue I had overall was that it was too padded out by neverending arena battle segments and that when it did turn awesomely dark it either felt VERY out of places (such as the whole ghost segment) or was way too short (such as the whole creepy asylum area near the end). Otherwise its story was easily the best in bioshock and its atmosphere was at least close to being as good as bioshock 1.

No Bioshck game has ever trumped the Sander Cohen level from the first one. That is easily one of the most impressive sections of a video game I have ever played. I loved it.

My problem with Infinites story was that for the first 95% of the game it was typical video game fare. The sweet spot to Inifintes story is the last ten minutes. And for me personally I thought the ending wasn't as good everyone else. I thought it was a cop out to make anything possible for what they want to do with the series.

The first however was just a wonderful satire on society in general. I thought it was actually deeper and more interesting than Infinite. The first one felt so much more believable and the mood and atmosphere was second to none.

Also, just to make my case known, my opinion of Bioshock 2 is that that game is junk. I was not impressed with Bioshock 2 at all...

I'm in the middle of a walkthrough for this...2 parts in and I'm very disappointed. But I must finish for achievements and complete video series :(

EDIT: I agree with OP. The main game is in my top 5 best ever. This isn't really on par.

For me BioShock is the best game i've ever played on the 360. will always love that game. it might even be all time favorite game as well.

Its weak with no balls and dosent give me the feel of Bioshock. I mean - they didn't even include the injection sequence that they used to have. A hint at little sisters - and I knew I'd have to re-live the big daddy scenario at one point - an average plasmid - an average weapon ( even when fully loaded ) - don't remember seeing any skyhooks in the original and would have much prefered some more big-end batlles when in 1999 mode, yet get the hand cannon, with magic bullitt perk - headshots wipe most out clean. CITC stole 16 hours for those 60 ribbons - Part 1 took 2 hours, 1999 mode, and all diarys.

Part 2 anyone?

I wasn't disapointed with the DLC in large. In fact I really liked it. However I do agree that it felt more like "Infinite" when it came to gameplay rather then Rapture.

I liked the Rapture environments but I really would have liked it if they had brought it back fully. As it stands now it looks right but handles wrong. I would have loved it if they had brought back health packs, adam, hacking, flying bots, random Big Daddies and the original plasmids. Also I really didn't like how they included the skyhooks in the DLC. That feature doesn't feel like Rapture at all (in my opinion).

The story was on par I thought. It wasn't in the same league as some of the other Bioshock storylines but it was fair. I am still looking forward to the next part but I really wish that they had gone that extra mile to get everything spot on. :)

Not far into it, but I think it's a little lackluster.

• They didn't bother including original Bioshock Weapons apart from the Tommy Gun.
  • They didn't bother changing the names of 'plasmids' or the effects.
  • They didn't bring back tonics (gear) and slots.

On the other hand, I like being able to carry all the guns at once.

I'm actually beyond disappointed, and the question I'm seemingly asking myself in the back of my head....What took so long with releasing the first part of this DLC...? I mean, the shit even got delayed, and the question on a lot of people's minds is...what for exactly?

I mean a two hour (if that) predictable story with beyond easy achievements, it's DLC's like this that really make me regret buying DLC's or Season passes in the first place...Well this and games like CoD and Battlefield constantly selling on-disc content they purposely left out to sell as DLC.

• 1 month later...

Very disapointed. When you have games like Borderlands 2 dropping DLC for 5 dollars cheaper and basically getting a 15-20 hour DLC compared to 15 for this hour and 15 minute trash it truly makes me lose respect for these guys. This DLC took 6 months to make and it felt like something that was tossed together in a week. There was absolutely no story to it and the end was about as weak as it gets. Im very disappointed. Bioshock was my favorite game. Im talking basically of all time. Right there neck and neck with Fallout 3. Bioshock 2 was okay but done by a different team. So when I seen this game coming out I was very excited to see the original team was on it. The campaing for the main game was good but not nearly on par with the original. But I really liked it. But I must admit I wont be buying any more DLC from these guys after this abomination. I will watch the ending on youtube to get the story. Im sorry but a 15 hour DLC should offer 5 hours of gameplay. Minimum. And at least make it seem like you put forth some effort.

• 2 weeks later...

For me, as many others have noted, the glaring aspect of this DLC was how short it was. It was a well written little story off-shoot of the Infinite Arc, and the addition of the new Plasmid and weapon were nice but it was all over so quickly.

As pointed out when you can get a Borderlands 2 DLC for cheaper and get over 15 hours of gameplay and this was over and done with in around 2 hours it proved to be a shame.

Still better than the horde mode DLC, at least this was in keeping with the great story telling Bioshock games are known for!

Overall, very impressive....just very short :(

• 2 weeks later...

I like how peoples estimates of time keep dropping, 2 hours, 1.5 and 1 hour 15. If your playing through the dlc that quick no wonder you dont enjoy it. It took me about 4 hours in total, scouring every area attaining all achievements and not dying. I felt this dlc was great right in line with what i expect from bioshock. On the other hand citc was a rushed steaming pile of repetitive crap. Go get 60 blue ribbons if time is your only measure of worth. Cant wait for episode 2

The price is the main turnoff. Sad, because Kevin Levine & Irrational Games have me used to good material....barring Bioshock 2.

Infinite was rather generic in terms of gameplay, but atmosphere and story definitely shone through. Elizabeth singing "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" while you as Booker pick up a guitar and casually strum along brought a tear to my eye. The ending was mind-blowing as intended. Overall worth playing, but the price gouging that has become rampant in the DLC market is frankly despicable. Thought Bioshock was better than that.

If you buy the dlcs individually i can see it seeming too expensive. 35$ if you do it that way. 20 bucks for the seasons pass i felt was pretty cool. 5 bucks more than episode 1. It was a no brainer to buy the pass even if citc was garbage

As I've been saying, I'm disappointed that after giving us an ending that suggested infinite possible worlds, they just give us a mash-up of the two they've already shown us.

It seems kind of lazy...

The price is the main turnoff. Sad, because Kevin Levine & Irrational Games have me used to good material....barring Bioshock 2.

BioShock 2 was developed by 2K Marin and Ken had nothing to do with it.

• 2 months later...