Story Predictions

RBmaster9345

Well this is what everyones go to site has to say, Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_2

Portal 2 takes place hundreds of years after the first game; as part of the Half-Life series, the game takes place sometime after Half-Life 2.[24] Despite her apparent destruction at the end of Portal, GLaDOS, an artificial intelligence computer system, remains functional but dormant. The player controls Chell, the previous protagonist of Portal. Retroactively patched just prior to the sequel's official announcement, the ending of the first game shows Chell being dragged away by an unseen figure with a robotic voice, after which she is placed in stasis for a period of many years.[7] The game will again take place in the Aperture Science Labs, untouched by human hands but overrun by decay and nature.[7] At the start of the game, Chell finds herself in what appears to be a motel room, and after a robotic voice guides her through some test, she is put to sleep. When she next gains consciousness, the age of the room's decor implies a long number of years have passed. Wheatley, a personality sphere, helps Chell to escape as the room—located in one of hundreds of shipping containers among a giant warehouse—shifts and moves, and she finds herself back in the test chambers of the Aperture facility.[25][26] Wheatley is one of many personality cores which have become active and become independent from GLaDOS in the intervening years, using the automated systems of Aperture Science to create their own microcosms within the facility.[7] The cores themselves are only able to move through overhead rail systems. Wheatley has become concerned for the state of decay and seeks to correct it. Wheatley acts as the player's guide during the tutorial and initial stages. Soon, the two encounter the dormant GLaDOS and accidentally wake her; she accuses Chell of murdering her years ago.[7] GLaDOS begins to rebuild the ruined facility, and puts Chell under more tests, stating "I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."[27][28] Parts of the story are bookended by the "Rat Man", an unseen character in the first game who wrote messages on walls to guide and warn Chell; having witnessed GLaDOS' defeat at the end of the first game, the Rat Man's drawings summarize the first game during Portal 2' introduction.[21] The Rat Man character will be further developed in "ancillary" material outside of the game surrounding the game's release.

• 3 weeks later...

what do you mean the achievement list doesn't give any spoilers?

"Preservation of Mass" we now know the companion cube is in testchamber 7.

"Ship Overboard" if you played half life 2 Ep2 it's highly likely this is a reference to the Borealis.

"You Made Your Point" GLaDOS is going to ask the robots to do something horrible.

"You Saved Science" the picture is a 35, likely means 35 co-op chambers in all

there are a few others but most of those are speculation.

what do you mean the achievement list doesn't give any spoilers?

"Preservation of Mass" we now know the companion cube is in testchamber 7.

"Ship Overboard" if you played half life 2 Ep2 it's highly likely this is a reference to the Borealis.

"You Made Your Point" GLaDOS is going to ask the robots to do something horrible.

"You Saved Science" the picture is a 35, likely means 35 co-op chambers in all

there are a few others but most of those are speculation.

Yeah, 'YOU SAVED SCIENCE' could imply that Chell tries to destroy science... and the robots save it, which is their 'real purpose'! I don't quite see, however, where Cave Johnson comes in, unless he's an AI as well!

their the one achievement This is the part where He Kills You, which could hint at Wheatley possibly wanting to kill you or betraying you like GLaDOS

good listener who knows maybe GLaDOS may actually help you for real or not

was thinking of mentioning that one but I realized that Wheately isn't the only sphere we are going to meet so maybe not, also now that i think about it, it probably tells us that Cave Johnson is going to try to kill Chell.

my reason for thinking this is that the intro movie from Pax showed Cave Johnson leading her through some experiments, and if we learned anything from the first Portal about aperture and experimental testing it's that they never end well for the subjects.

Hundreds of years? I'd like to see a chart breakdown of the timeline in this series if that's even possible. Even Freeman was not in stasis that long in between HL and HL2, only decades as Eli Vance aged and Alyx grew up.

This is close:

http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/timeline.htm

My prediction: there will be some good typical Valve "holy FUCK did they just do that?!?!!??" moments. And all will be right with the world.

Well i saw the ending being streamed on justin.tv (shame on me for watching) so i wont spoil anything but about the wheatley thing. Ending is EPIC though

SPOILER ALERT

Wheatley does betray you but i think its before that achievement "This is the part where he kills you" which is like chapter 8 or 9. Oh and GLaDOS gets put into a potato battery and is on your portal gun for a bit lol.