Australians: Where you gonna order from?

Bunglist

I'm not going to buy it, but Ozgameshop is a nice site to order from. Their games are usually really cheap ($50-60 new) and delivery is free.

Yes, but Ozgameshop won't be selling it if it's banned.

I too will be waiting for the appeal first because I do beleive it'll get through eventually, but you gotta have a back up plan!

Yes, but Ozgameshop won't be selling it if it's banned.

I too will be waiting for the appeal first because I do beleive it'll get through eventually, but you gotta have a back up plan!

It says they deliver to NZ too, so I don't see how the ban will be an issue... Also, the ban is more of a reason for them to sell it, as people will be looking to import it. The ban means it cannot be sold in Australia, however, importing it is fine.

Edited by Shelton

It says they deliver to NZ too, so I don't see how the ban will be an issue... Also, the ban is more of a reason for them to sell it, as people will be looking to import it. The ban means it cannot be sold in Australia, however, importing it is fine.

Umm because it's illegal?

Importing RC'd games is illegal and if found out, customs will deny your package.

It isn't however illegal to own a copy of the game.

Umm because it's illegal?

Importing RC'd games is illegal and if found out, customs will deny your package.

It isn't however illegal to own a copy of the game.

I will concede that importing games which are refused classification can lead to seizure of said games, however it is extremely unlikely. Consider the amount of customs officers, the amount of packages that go through customs everyday and the insignificance of a videogame which has been refused classification. In the grand scheme of things, a banned videogame is nothing.

I have imported banned material before with no repercussions. I can't guarantee that everyone will have the same experience, however, I'd be willing to bet that 99% of people will have no issues importing the game. Even if they do, they can appeal. If unsuccessful, the item is destroyed. It's not like you're going to be sent to jail or anything.

Edited by Shelton

I will concede that importing games which are refused classification can lead to seizure of said games, however it is extremely unlikely. Consider the amount of customs officers, the amount of packages that go through customs everyday and the insignificance of a videogame which has been refused classification. In the grand scheme of things, a banned videogame is nothing.

I have imported banned material before with no repercussions. I can't guarantee that everyone will have the same experience, however, I'd be willing to bet that 99% of people will have no issues importing the game. Even if they do, they can appeal. If unsuccessful, the item is destroyed. It's not like you're going to be sent to jail or anything.

I think the basic fact you're forgetting is that it's an AUSTRALIAN based company selling the product in AUSTRALIA. By your logic, EB Games and JB Hifi could do the same thing, and it's still illegal. Overseas online sellers can do whatever the fuck they want, and the only risk is it getting siezed by customs, which is none of their concern.

^ That depends. While it is pretty unlikely, the fact that Mortal Kombat is a pretty big game means news might get around.

That is a good point

I wonder if it's possible to trick them by getting my auntie to place the game in a different case. :woop:

Has the appeal gone through yet or are we still waiting...?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to place an order overseas. I tried Ozgameshop and 365Games but both are unavailable to Aussies. I was going to give playaisa a go but seeing how xbox is region protected i'm not sure if it will work on my console.

Does anyone know of other sites that will accept an order, as each day passes and the more footage i see, i want this game more and more.

Has anyone been able to place an order overseas. I tried Ozgameshop and 365Games but both are unavailable to Aussies. I was going to give playaisa a go but seeing how xbox is region protected i'm not sure if it will work on my console.

Does anyone know of other sites that will accept an order, as each day passes and the more footage i see, i want this game more and more.

Ozgameshop obviously won't because they're an Australian company selling in Australia. I'd go with an NZ store.

Yeah, from what i can find MightyApe in NZ is the only place that will still ship it to Aus, and it's not a bad price either. Fingers crossed i don't get an email saying they won't ship it.

Tell me about it judd. So many people are fuming over the banning decision and now even more of my friends are close to losing it because it's becoming increasing more difficult to import.

Edited by DEG23

Yeah i think technically because it has now been classed as a prohibited item you can face fines of $100,000 but realistically i doubt if customs would go out of their way to hunt down the games, there are bigger and more important issues customs have to worry about mainly drugs and weapons. I think some packages might be opened but give it a few weeks and it will most likely blow over. That's why i plan to wait those few weeks.:)