Any good way to farm Ascendant shards?

CASCADEYOUTH

• 2 weeks later...

You will get at least one of the following from your first public event each day; mote of light, strange coin, ascendant shard, ascendant energy. I've never got an energy myself from an event, and shards are rare. More likely to get the other two. I think stacking up marks and buying/dismantling purples is the only fool proof way unfortunately.

The way I've been obtaining them is, I'm using all my vanguard/crucible marks to buy weapons or armour from the factions and then destroying the them. You could always make a second/third character and just put the weapon/armour in the vault and then destroy it with your primary. That is if you want to grind out the rep again and earn twice the amount of marks each week.

The only 100% way to obtain them is to discard legendary and exotic armour, you get 3 for discarding a legendary, which i did earlier, going to guess at 5 for an exotic. Other than that they are given randomly as rewards for completing raids and events.

when dismantling legendary and exotic armor you will randomly get either 2 or 3 shards/

dismantle legendary/exotic armor= 2-3

public daily event first gold of the day. chance of 1 shard or other items

randomly get 1 when opening chests. very rare

daily story challenge lvl 28 awards either 2 shards or 2 energies

purple engrams can decode into shards

the raid awards them randomly once a week

the nightfall awards them randomly once a week

your best bet is to just buy armor with marks and dismantle them or..

You could always make a second/third character and just put the weapon/armour in the vault and then destroy it with your primary. That is if you want to grind out the rep again and earn twice the amount of marks each week.

do this. having 3 of the same class you can easily get them to level 20 and share you gear to take on the raid and nightfalls etc 3 times a week do dailys 3 times a day

Edited by Lewie B I ReQ

The way I've been obtaining them is, I'm using all my vanguard/crucible marks to buy weapons or armour from the factions and then destroying the them. You could always make a second/third character and just put the weapon/armour in the vault and then destroy it with your primary. That is if you want to grind out the rep again and earn twice the amount of marks each week.

do this. having 3 of the same class you can easily get them to level 20 and share you gear to take on the raid and nightfalls etc 3 times a week do dailys 3 times a day

Holy shit, this never came to my mind. So we can earn 300 vanguard marks / 300 crucible marks a week doing this? I'll be all over this.

Holy shit, this never came to my mind. So we can earn 300 vanguard marks / 300 crucible marks a week doing this? I'll be all over this.

yeah pretty much

300 marks a week

3 nightfalls

3 weekly strikes= 27 strange coins

3 raids

daily story 3 times a day

i milked this when the queens gear gave shards. i leveled up my new raid gear in no time and still have 17 to spare

you will have to get their ranks up with vanguard but it aint too bad thanks to nightfalls and weekly massive rep rewards

yeah pretty much

300 marks a week

3 nightfalls

3 weekly strikes= 27 strange coins

3 raids

daily story 3 times a day

i milked this when the queens gear gave shards. i leveled up my new raid gear in no time and still have 17 to spare

you will have to get their ranks up with vanguard but it aint too bad thanks to nightfalls and weekly massive rep rewards

Awesome. I kind of want to do as much as I can with my titan before making a new character though. It's annoying, there's suddenly too much to do on this game!

My warlock can't seem to get an ascendant shard from the public events, just ascendant energy. Can they not get shards?

I have 2 warlocks and all they ever get is energy but my Titan ALWAYS gets a shard not energy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

My warlock can't seem to get an ascendant shard from the public events, just ascendant energy. Can they not get shards?

I have 2 warlocks and all they ever get is energy but my Titan ALWAYS gets a shard not energy.

Has anyone else had this problem?

so im not on my own then? my warlock gets energies 90% of the time from the public events if it gives me an ascendant and always energy from the gift for 1st gold of the day however my titan and hunter get shards most of the time from the same things

Of course as soon as I post this my warlock got a shard right away and then another shard from the postmaster.

I still might just delete my level 5 warlock and start a Titan just to see if it really does make difference

even if it doesnt just play as a titan for the max a titan subclass achievement lol