Achievement Guide

DFB 1708

Are there any other tips to get through Drill and Sacrafice with time because i can get the idea behind both but not with time i always get got before my shaman can get back? I really hate these 2 challenges and by the way this is a rly good guide "2 thumbs up"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few Questions:

-Let's say I lose 6 villages (or any amount more than 5) and then continue doing the story. When I finish, can I revisit the levels where I lost villages, and do them perfectly to get the achievement, or do I have to re-do the entire story mode?

-What do the 2 icons next to each level mean. I think one is vegetation, and the other is? And how do I know if I missed a memory relic in a level?

-How do you tell the difference between primary and secondary objectives?

-How long do all the challenges take, and are they frustrating and/or super hard?

-Let's say I lose 6 villages (or any amount more than 5) and then continue doing the story. When I finish, can I revisit the levels where I lost villages, and do them perfectly to get the achievement, or do I have to re-do the entire story mode?

You can reset them individually.

-What do the 2 icons next to each level mean. I think one is vegetation, and the other is? And how do I know if I missed a memory relic in a level?

One is veg, and I think the other just means you beat the level, but I'm not sure.

What other secondary obj. are there, other than the relics? I think that's it.

-How long do all the challenges take, and are they frustrating and/or super hard?

I have 5 left, most of them are pretty easy and mostly just a puzzle, they take less than a minute usually (but you may have to restart a bunch of times). Some are pretty frustrating because you have NO time to screw around, so if your guys get stuck at all you may have to restart. I got through 3 pages of challenges in a couple hours.

A couple things:

"Xuenylom" -- this challenge is a tribute to Populous and Peter Molyneux. The title is Molyneux spelled backwards (pretty obvious).

A trick for "Drill" is to send your guy right away for the knowledge, then quickly build the wall, then drain the lake -- in my case the guy was on the far side (near the knowledge), which meant he was going to have to walk ALL the way back around and down the slope. So I picked up some water and washed him into the canyon (trick from the earlier challenge). That will probably save you some time.

Hey, maybe you want to add/continue my little mini guide?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=322153

Some of those I only found because of your (great;)) guide, but imo it would be better if you could list it like that if someone is missing a specific one and doesn't know where to look for.

Thanks will add a link :).

Yea the last one is a nightmare =/ I can get the first and second village both protected but the third I can set up but never get it protected. I found out that you can just wait for the last village to sink then use infinite earth to build a path there. However every time I try doing it that way when 5 people reach the village it says level failed. Not sure if I'm just timing out or what. Will try it again and let you know if I figure it out.

Tried the same two days ago and also lost due to the time short ;). Also I added wheel of fire, and am retrying Sacrifice. That one might be added soon.

For the last one I set them off to make the village while I'm building up the ground under the second village and the shaman are carrying the kites to the second village. The village should be set up and the shaman set off just as the second village starts falling under the water music and with some earth you can help make a path for them towards the last village.

Timing is really tight on this as I thought I'd failed at first but realised the shaman had made it just before the land slipped again. They literally had the water lapping at their feet.

I just managed Sacrifice as well with the shaman reaching the village about 2 seconds before the wave started.

Some things I found helped:

Set them to the village before building a path.

Take 2 lots of earth from the back of the first village, the statue can sink as long as 3 or 4 huts remain in a half moon.

Don't set a shaman till the first village has been destroyed, the shaman then leaves from the second village saving time, you want them walking to the stone while you build the path.

Destroy the first path to build the second.

Hold down LT when scooping up earth as it digs down under the water getting you more earth than if you don't, as you can't dig earth with even a tiny amount of water over it.

Build fast and accurate, the shaman should reach the island with about 35 seconds left on the clock and just after you finish the path.

You can suck up earth from the second village, not much but it can tip the scales.

Yes you need both repels on each village to win. I finally managed to do it. Here's my strategy for the last one: THE DESCENT.

Right at the start use infinite earth and build a path from the first village towards the fire power. This is slightly left of the big mountain by the inital village (to the left of the path they take if you do send them instantly). Now that you have this path built send people to the water, fire and second village. You should now get another infinite earth just in time to raise the land around the first village so it doesn't drown. Now while you wait for infinite earth to respawn grab some lava or earth and fill in the small gap between the second village and the ramp to the third. The moment the second village is built send them to the third.

Now the next infinite earth (should be your 3rd of the level) Use this to raise the first village a bit more and build a wall along the left hand path you built. The first village should now handle itself and the two power people be on the way down the path you built to the second. Next infinite earth or two depending on how you are doing use to build up the left hand paths wall again and the wall next to the second village (sea side). By now the water and fire person should almost be at or have reached the second village. Use the next infinite earth to build two small walls next to second village's path heading up the ramp. This is to make sure when you repel water that it doesn't block the path. Use the remaining dirt and later infinite earths to build the wall going up the first straight of the ramp (facing the sea).

It may take a few tries as you have to build the walls just the right height that they block the water but also so you have enough dirt in time to do everything. Your two men should reach the third village as the tsunami is about 50-100metres away and the level will complete.

I hope that helps. It's a pretty long walkthrough for a single challenge because it's very difficult and if you mess up a single step then you can't do the level.

Let's see if I can fix the timing this time, will try thanks.

Few Questions:

- I honestly can't answer that, I know you can just replay the level, but I do not know if you can replay the levels you went wrong and still get the achievement. I think you must restart.

- I believe the arrow, means that you played it once.

- Look here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=322153

- The primary objective is to make villages near every totem and then leave, all required to win. The secondary objectives are to collect the 100% memories, by going for 100% vegetation and collecting all relics, not needed to win but needed for the achievements.

- Most are easy, but might require a bit of trial and error. Some are quite difficult though, for me that would be Sacrifice and Descent and are frustrating.

- Took me 2-3 hours, this includes trial and error, writing the guide and finding out almost everything by myself.

Just a thought because it is kind of confusing, instead of level 0,1,2,3...etc. Actually put the names of the levels to stop all confusion. really confused me trying to find the power of water memory considering i hadn't known you started with level 0.

Done and thanks for the thought :). I made it level 0 instead of 1, since it wasn't really a level to me, more of an intro.

A couple things:

"Xuenylom" -- this challenge is a tribute to Populous and Peter Molyneux. The title is Molyneux spelled backwards (pretty obvious).

A trick for "Drill" is to send your guy right away for the knowledge, then quickly build the wall, then drain the lake -- in my case the guy was on the far side (near the knowledge), which meant he was going to have to walk ALL the way back around and down the slope. So I picked up some water and washed him into the canyon (trick from the earlier challenge). That will probably save you some time.

Didn't notice Molyneux, funny find :). As for Drill, I easily made it as I wrote it, if you didn't make it with my method I'll add yours as well.

---

I need to wait for the mods or admins to add two pages before I can finish the guide. Thanks to everyone that helped! And Zim I edited your method for Descent a bit and I made it! So it'll be added!

Edited by DFB 1708

the last one can be done a bit easier then Zims walktrough, even if its sound good.

when the level start, move you totem up the hill on the stone area, not to far, also send men to gather the wate and fire power and ALSO to the second village (you have enough people for all four steps).

fill up the gap with infinty earth to the second island and as the first village is moved and build up move it instantly to the second island near the vulcano. your shaman should be in time to get the water and fire power to the first village and bring it to the second also. make a walkway to the top village and send people as the "infinity earth" village is completed. they have a pretty short way up there. the rest is done by the shaman.

i completed the level in 2:33 and didnt even see the Tsunami coming ;)

the last one can be done a bit easier then Zims walktrough, even if its sound good.

when the level start, move you totem up the hill on the stone area, not to far, also send men to gather the wate and fire power and ALSO to the second village (you have enough people for all four steps).

fill up the gap with infinty earth to the second island and as the first village is moved and build up move it instantly to the second island near the vulcano. your shaman should be in time to get the water and fire power to the first village and bring it to the second also. make a walkway to the top village and send people as the "infinity earth" village is completed. they have a pretty short way up there. the rest is done by the shaman.

i completed the level in 2:33 and didnt even see the Tsunami coming ;)

Did almost the same :). And I did it twice to make sure it worked, and it went perfect. Was just waiting for The Pants Party to make some room for me, so I could add it in.

Edited by DFB 1708

A tip for other people stuck on it... Hold the right trigger all the way down while building the dam and go as fast as possible this way you save time and still have a good enough wall to get your guy down to the totem in time... this is how i beat it and thanks for the tip man that helped to. And do the exact same for Sacrafice.

Edited by Bombardist

All that is left is the roadmap left, some minor tweaks and correction for my typos!

If you see something that I might have missed, point it out.

A tip for other people stuck on it... Hold the right trigger all the way down while building the dam and go as fast as possible this way you save time and still have a good enough wall to get your guy down to the totem in time... this is how i beat it and thanks for the tip man that helped to. And do the exact same for Sacrafice.

Glad you did it :).

You can reset them individually.

Good to know, I lost more than 5 villages along the way, but I know which ones I lost them on.

I like that individual levels may be reset and replayed instead of starting all over from the beginning.

Edited by ashawtx

Er I can't be 100% sure however I finished the story and lost more than 5 villages. I since have gone to resume story and then loaded up a map and tried restarting it. I have done all the maps I remember losing villages on an still no achievement. I think the restarting map trick ONLY works if you do it while you are on that playthrough of the story and that map. Going back and trying doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully Ubi patches the game, so that you can see where you lost how many villages:mad:.

I've redone almost every territory now with 0 villages lost-except movements where I lost exactly 1 village.

I've got one territory left- which I'll try tomorrow, but it most likely won't get me the achievement...

If the achievement would just be clearer... I don't even know if I'm supposed to play origins to get it, or restart a whole new campaign...

WTF Ubi...WTF:mad:

Yea im just gonna try resetting the whole story and getting it tha way by resetting while im in that certain mission its not that hard but they really shouldve put a icon for 'lost a village" and a number beside it for how many you lost... But its still an amazing game anyway

The "Epic Tsunamis" challenge is actually incredibly easy, and I got it on my first try without having to see where the waves came from like the guide suggests. Just use infinite earth + amplify as soon as the challenge starts, and use it to raise the first village. Do a swirling motion around the whole village "ring", if you just dump it all in the middle the village will be destroyed.

Then, as soon as you get your powers back, do the same for the other village. And every time you get your powers back just keep doing that, going back and forth. The tsunamis won't even come close to destroying either.

Did almost the same :). And I did it twice to make sure it worked, and it went perfect. Was just waiting for The Pants Party to make some room for me, so I could add it in.

And here I thought I was special.. I did the same method definitely the fastest and easiest way to go.

Nice guide btw.

First off, FUCK Sacrifice. My Shaman ALWAYS comes from the first village, even when all the huts and the stone have sunk and it reads 0/5. EVERY damn time. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Any tips?

All I can say is that you must do your best to keep a path clear. Took me 15 restarts to get it.

The "Epic Tsunamis" challenge is actually incredibly easy, and I got it on my first try without having to see where the waves came from like the guide suggests. Just use infinite earth + amplify as soon as the challenge starts, and use it to raise the first village. Do a swirling motion around the whole village "ring", if you just dump it all in the middle the village will be destroyed.

Then, as soon as you get your powers back, do the same for the other village. And every time you get your powers back just keep doing that, going back and forth. The tsunamis won't even come close to destroying either.

I didn't mean to suggest it, but now I reread it it does seem like I do. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll change it.

Edited by DFB 1708

Think you should change the missable achievements and note which ones they are. Really the only missable one is doing the story without losing 5 villages. As if you finish the story you have to start a new one to get that. All the others you can simply use level select and get them, 100% vegetation, all memories etc.

Number of missable achievements: 1 - Safe Journey.