C...S...R... What's That Stand For?

LickableLemons7

COMPETETIVE SKILL RANK

CSR – Competitive Skill Rank

We have been working closely with several internal teams on optimizing the ranking system, and working to integrate it into your Waypoint player profile, accessible on web, phone and tablet.

More Details:

• You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.

• Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.

CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.

When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.

Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013, and we will be re-configuring some of our most competitive playlists to accommodate the launch of the feature.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98zVY3ztPvs]Spongebob: Hey all you people - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoQ0F7pDMOQ]Ja Buns and Thighs - YouTube[/ame]

I like Spongebob. The old Spongebob, at least. He's cool.

The Halo Bulletin: 1.23.13: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/23/The-Halo-Bulletin-12313.aspx

Does anyone still read those bulletins? Gotta stay updated.

Edited by LickableLemons7

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Wolf, according to the bullet list Lemon posted, it clearly states that there will be a visible rank for each individual playlist. It'll be just like Halo 3's system.

Yes, visible.. on Waypoint.

OT: Same opinion as users above. It's one thing that it takes until April, but to have it only visible for players on their smartphones or computer? GTFO with that nonsense.

It should be like on Halo 3 (wishful thinking) I will check it out though on my smartphone what level I am :)

At this rate, nothing 343 does will be like Halo 3.

EDIT: I think it's safe to say that almost all of us on these Forums are bored with Halo 4 and disgusted with how terrible 343 has handled it.

Edited by BiggD

Well, perhaps disgusted was a little too strong to say. Bored, for sure though.

Agreed, I played 439 days of Reach 360voice.com stats. I don't think Halo 4 will get that high on my list. currently 58 days though it's new so we'll see. Maybe 343i release a magic update that fixes everything.

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog-games.asp?tag=Eskobar%20M92

Agreed, I played 439 days of Reach 360voice.com stats. I don't think Halo 4 will get that high on my list. currently 58 days though it's new so we'll see. Maybe 343i release a magic update that fixes everything.

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog-games.asp?tag=Eskobar%20M92

Does that site go by a full 24-hour day you played or just days you booted up the game? Cause 400 days on Reach is insanity lol.

Halo 4 will see my attention in ways of DLC achievements in February and April & one hour Spartan Ops sessions on Monday nights. That's it.

Does that site go by a full 24-hour day you played or just days you booted up the game? Cause 400 days on Reach is insanity lol.

Halo 4 will see my attention in ways of DLC achievements in February and April & one hour Spartan Ops sessions on Monday nights. That's it.

Booted up of course I'm not leaving my Xbox on for that long :) I had another friend of mine ask the same question he thought I was crazy for playing too much. Edit: Rapt.com tracks real hours but I joined late so I have 373hrs Reach and 338hrs Halo 4. Both Elite rank.http://raptr.com/game/Halo-Reach/wall?result_pos=3&sug_query=Reach

Get 5920 more hours or achievements to be the #1 player on Raptr! - Yeah right. H4 all day? (that's 200+ days he/she must have cheated the timer H4 has been out 100+ days)

Yes bring on the DLC and true skill.

Edited by StarsRPD

Booted up of course I'm not leaving my Xbox on for that long :)

Site says I have 435 days of Reach played which I entirely blame on my job. I think it may be a little off, though, cause it says I only played 21 days of Halo 3 and that's obviously wrong.

Edit: I also sometimes just left my xbox on for extended periods of time with Reach in the tray running as I did other things at work so that explains some of the time.

Edited by Ty-Rex

Site says I have 435 days of Reach played which I entirely blame on my job. I think it may be a little off, though, cause it says I only played 21 days of Halo 3 and that's obviously wrong.

Edit: I also sometimes just left my xbox on for extended periods of time with Reach in the tray running as I did other things at work so that explains some of the time.

I have 4 more days than you, I better go play Reach before you catch up :). 21 days might be because you joined after you played much Halo 3. I have 103 days on Halo 3 since Oct.2009.

From BS Angel herself:

http://i.imgur.com/KucJi54.png?1

Well, that's disappointing to see.

But I think 343i is finally understanding what the community wants to receive. 343i is slowly bringing changes and cooking things up in a mischievous manner behind the scenes. This new CSR in Halo 4 is a tiny step towards the direction we've been clamouring for, and the implementation of this "Forge test" playlist is something great, too. A friend just gave me another 14 day trial code for Gold so I'm able to hop on Live for the next 2 weeks. I just played a match on "Shutout," the Lockout remake, and this was the most exhilerating match I have played on Halo 4 to date. I'm pretty pumped for Grifball next Monday, and new changes or maps that could be seen in the Forge test playlist.

Kill off enough multiplayer population and 343 will be forced to cater to the fanbase and make the changes that you guys want. The gaming industry has been in a position where it thinks it owns us these past few years with things like paid DLC and Online Passes. This isn't true. Gamers own the industry, so it's time to take back what is ours (If only America would get into this mindset about our government...)

Kill off enough multiplayer population and 343 will be forced to cater to the fanbase and make the changes that you guys want. The gaming industry has been in a position where it thinks it owns us these past few years with things like paid DLC and Online Passes. This isn't true. Gamers own the industry, so it's time to take back what is ours (If only America would get into this mindset about our government...)

So we get everybody we can (at least everybody on these Forums) to stop playing Halo for 6 months to show 343 we're not fucking around?

I'm down.

Don't see why it wouldn't work. There's a line between defending the game you've created and wanting some sort of population. And since Halo is MS's baby, I don't think they'll just sit back and let Halo die.

Now that you mention Microsoft, I just wanna add it that they need more exclusives.

Anyways, I'm sure getting everyone on these Forums to stop playing Halo won't happen but I'll surely do it. The only incentive I have to play is Spartan Ops anyways and that only lasts like all of 60 minutes on Monday nights.

One hour of Halo 4 a week? I'm sure 343 will get my message.