I need help - i am thick headed :( (Gold Bricks)

I unlocked the following acheivements last night: Viceroy and Admiral of the fleet.

when I read the achievement guide for obtaining all gold bricks i noticed this:

Also note that each level in ground battle has to be converted to both Republic and Separatist. Even though a level may start out as red for Separatist, you will need to convert it to Republic (Blue) to get one gold brick and then back to Separatist (Red) for a second gold brick.

what exactly does that mean? are there levels i need to replay? Sorry to be thick - i just dont get it

if I started and did all the Republic Missions, then did the seperatist missions, do I need to go back to the republic and convert some other systems? and vice versa?

You are correct! Let's say you decide to first convert all of the systems to Republic systems, 8 of the 16 plants are already in Republic control to begin with and so you will only need to convert the 8 that are controlled by the Separatist to make all 16 plants controlled by the Republic. However, you have only done 8 missions to achieve this and so you have only recieved 8 Gold bricks.

Now that all of the systems are the republics you need to convert all 16 systems for the Separatist. This means you will now have to play all 16 missions adding 16 gold bricks to your total (24 total). However this still leaves you 8 gold bricks short for these ground missions.

So to finish things up you need to convert those 8 planets that were originally controlled by the republic back to the republic.

The easiest way to figure out which systems you need to play to get all 32 gold bricks for the ground missions is to go to a terminal, choose the ground missions for either the republic or separatist and there should be three boxes with either green check marks or red X's in them. The bottom two boxes are the ground missions and any that still have red X's are the ones you have left to do. The top box are space missions just fyi.

Hopefully that all makes sense.