Anyone Else a Little Disappointed? (Spoilers)

sharkhunter21

Just beat the campaign and I gotta say that I'm a bit disappointed with how many of the main characters actually lived. Was kind of hoping for Dizzy to go out as he held off some Lambent in his sub and maybe Cole or Baird to do something as heroic as Dom. Would have been a great opportunity for them to kill off one of the guys if they were coming down with that infection, could have been a boss. That's my thoughts, yours?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Dom's death was a bit ... shit? He doesn't really say or do much for the whole game and then randomly kills himself. Can't really put my finger on what's wrong with it for me but it just felt rushed? Like they had to kill somebody off to keep the players' attention? Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing on Gears, I love all three games which is why I feel kinda strongly about Dom's death being lackluster =[.

the whole point of dom not saying much is he's lost everything he loved. in gears 1 his drive was to find maria...and in 2 he found her....and ever since then he just lost hope. Losing all members of your family must be soul destroying, then returning to her hometown, he just lost his mind.

I thought Dom's death was a bit ... shit? He doesn't really say or do much for the whole game and then randomly kills himself. Can't really put my finger on what's wrong with it for me but it just felt rushed? Like they had to kill somebody off to keep the players' attention? Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing on Gears, I love all three games which is why I feel kinda strongly about Dom's death being lackluster =[.

I know what you mean, it feels kind of rushed. I mean, killing off a major character that's been in all three games halfway through the third? Just feels wrong.

At least he went out with a bang. :'(

i really dont care about the other charaters i just want to know why did they kill off prescott.

hes my favorite char in the whole gears universe

No offence, but his death was the one I cared the least about. I never read the books, but based solely on his appearance in the third game, he came across strongly as an asshole.

It was Dom's death and others having to deal with it that would have had the most impact on the remaining characters, and the players. From a players perspective, Dom has been by your side for 3 games, you have seen him go through the worst tragedy a man can possibly go through, then he sacrifices himself as well. Seeing how the majority of the other characters deal with that, and that he was one of the few to go made it more powerful. If they just killed off half the cast, his death would have just been another random event in an overdone story, at the time, perhaps just as powerful, but it wouldn't have had a lasting effect.

Oh and BTW I thought Marcus' dad would end up being the final boss. They put these guys through the worst of situations through 3 games, and having to kill a deformed version of what used to be your father who you JUST found out isn't dead, find out that he knew about E-Day, and has been working more or less with your enemy for years seemed like the obvious ending, which I am rather surprised and relieved they didn't. Well done in my opinion, and if you seriously think this is the end of Gears, see Mass Effect (which has been stated will not stop after the trilogy) and Assassin's Creed (which has 3 games out and 1 on the way for thier "trilogy" way to carry the second part across 2 games to milk that cash cow!)

When he was replaced by Jace for the rest of the chapter. I think that was what made me cry.

It's a bit shit, Jace ain't no replacement for Dom. Only Sam and Carmine(He's awesome) really seemed to fit as a Cog for me out of the new guys. Jace sounded more like a Gears of War player(Yea those guys who shout down the mic) than a character and Anya just seemed too...civil? With a bit of a personality void thrown into the mix.

Would have loved having Carmine and Jace switched the acts they were in. Now I think of it is that the only time we had Carmine? In Act 1 and a tiny bit of Act 2?

That blows.

That's my input. Really liked Sam and Carmine as a character but the other two I couldn't care less about and I cried everytime the bots revived them.

About Doms death, yea I think my problem with it is that I didn't really see the need. I've been shooting gas tanks in the game, we've got greandes and such and now we find one that needs a truck rammed into it. Although I think the point is he wanted to die but not purposelesly.

I like how they progressed the story, but I will admit, I was shocked that none of the other main characters died. I would have liked to have seen one or two more really heroic deaths closer to the end, make it feel much more like an epic battle where you aren't sure how they will be able to pull this off, both physically and emotionally.

My only real complain, though, is the complete lack of Carmine. Let's do a big promotion where the fans choose whether he lives or dies, but then not utilize the character. I agree with a poster above that Carmine replacing Dom would have been much better than Jace. It could be that I haven't read any of the books, but Jace added nothing to the game and could have been left out, with Carmine taking his place throughout the game. I think they could have done more with Sam as well.

Overall, though, I did like the story and events that took place, as well as the locations that were visited. One thing I would have changed would have been to, somehow, keep Dom alive to see the ash remains of the people. I'm not sure how that they could have rearranged those scenes, but I think the impact of him seeing the ash people would have been nice.

I didn't like the "fix all our problems bomb" that they used to wrap everything up neatly. Left me feeling empty.

Me neither, DNA bomb from BulletStorm anyone? Also felt that the enviroments was taken a lot from BS, colorful "paradises" is not Gears :(

I just sat there waiting for something after the end credits but nothing came.

Me neither, DNA bomb from BulletStorm anyone? Also felt that the enviroments was taken a lot from BS, colorful "paradises" is not Gears :(

I just sat there waiting for something after the end credits but nothing came.

I waited too, though maybe that's Deus Exes fault:p. I'm sure they killed Dom off so early on as a surprise, i'd say everyone knew that he'd die at some stage. I would've prefered them to kill Marcus off, would've made for a much bigger shock. Though then we wouldn't have had the opportunity to see his sweet hairdo at the end:woop:.

I was also disappointed that more people didn't die. I read a review (Gamesradar I think) in which the reviewer said that he tried to predict out of sixteen characters who would die and who wouldn't and he only predicted three wrong. This led me to believe that almost everyone died.

Also, did anyone else notice how you get to that city with the ash bodies after Dom dies, despite him being there in the trailer? That's either proof that they were trying to shock us with the death so early on or it's because that trailer's a year old now:p.

I am just really fucking glad none of the below possible endings was the way it ended. ANY of the below endings would have been complete shit and gotten so much hate, it would've been laughable.

1: Locust queen is Marcus's mother

2: Adam fenix created the locust.

3: IT WAS ALL A DREAM!!!

4: Some shit about a time machine

5: The machine reversed all the bad events since e-day and everything returned to normal, and dom didn't actually die.

6: That Dom faked his own death because he was working for the queen and marcus's father to rule the world

I waited too, though maybe that's Deus Exes fault:p. I'm sure they killed Dom off so early on as a surprise, i'd say everyone knew that he'd die at some stage. I would've prefered them to kill Marcus off, would've made for a much bigger shock. Though then we wouldn't have had the opportunity to see his sweet hairdo at the end:woop:.

Yeah, kinda guessed that Dom would die. "The Gladiator end" Finally he's back with his family and there is where he will be happy. Not a big shocker.

I actually hoped they would kill Marcus off so we wouldnt play as him in the next game (just speculations but we've all seen what happened to halo). Prequal about locst vs lambent? Or maybe as a regular Gear on E-day? :D

And man whats up about his hair. And speaking about that. Dom has changed as hell, Anya has changed as hell and so on but Marcus looks pretty much the same, couldn't see so much difference in Baird or Cole either. Are some people in the GoW universe immune to time?

And yeah, I don't have anything against the female characters. They are a little overdue but cmon, overcompensating? All of a sudden there's women fighting everywhere.

I was ok with Dom dying. Very good scene in my opinion. Loved that Carmine didn't die. (i purchased the save carmine t-shirt during the voting) Just a shame that he was not in it as much. There is still one other brother, would have been nice to see him.

Also where did Baird and Cole go off to? Maybe that will be a DLC chapter. Would be cool. Ive read all the comics and seeing Jace was a nice touch.

Having the females fighting now shows how desperate things have gotten (LOL) But again you also get an understanding of where and what they have been doing in the comics. It was'nt really very nice how the COG treated females in them.