No one left behind achievement

Nusentinsaino

Does anyone know how to do this?

I finished this chapter on legendary and I kept seeing the marines running away and I assumed they were saved... but at the end it says "this was a search and rescue mission, I think you forgot about the rescue bit"

How does one save a marine?

Yah, it sucks to hear that line at the end :(

Easiest with a decent team on Heroic and just keep a killin' as quickly as possible.

What loadout are you using? Noob combo of plasma pistol/DMR or Carbine works great since there's so many elites. Plus the ammo upgrade, absolutely hate running out mid-firefight.

There's several hot spots where you always find marine minions pinned and getting beat up, like the corner bunkers and the back area where the Hunters attack. Also, when the Wraith arrives, get that bastard gone asap or it makes short work of your minions. Usually I try to be in the same area as soon as it lands to plasma charge and grenade the bugger.

Watch your friendly fire and jump in front of the marines every chance you get. There's a lot of marines so chances of a couple getting out alive are there but it's carnage, they can get wiped out pretty quick without direct protection and especially since they like to wander aimlessly out of cover a lot.

When the time comes that you're ordered to move to the top of the tower the marines will start moving there on their own, stick close and take point to clear out any Covenant on the upper levels first. The more you can get to the top of the tower the better as the blasts from the dropships will wipe quite a few out.

Edited by Opiate42
spelling

I just got it.

It's much easier with 4 players

That is mentioned in the comments for the achievement guide:

'No One Left Behind' is now obtainable. Play the mission Hacksaw under Spartan Ops and keep at least one of your AI team alive. Much easier with a full team.
Edited by ColdSpider72

The Marines suck. I tried 3 or 4 times by myself and they always died from the Phantom's at the end or and Sword Elites. Luckily I had one glitch into a wall randomly and he was invincible, I was so surprised when Palmer said "well at least one survived" so I looked for him and there he was inside one of the center pillars.

Having someone grab an energy sword asap and having them rampage through the elites helps a lot. Also as soon as possible, have one person run up to the top and start shooting the two dropships at the end so they can't pick off the marines. Did it with two friends on Heroic and had a few surviving marines at the end.

The Marines suck. I tried 3 or 4 times by myself and they always died from the Phantom's at the end or and Sword Elites. Luckily I had one glitch into a wall randomly and he was invincible, I was so surprised when Palmer said "well at least one survived" so I looked for him and there he was inside one of the center pillars.

I was lucky and had this glitch occur during my game as well. I wasn't even trying to save the marines because I was running solo and figured it wasn't worth worrying about yet. Some times it's better to be lucky than good lol.

I was lucky and had this glitch occur during my game as well. I wasn't even trying to save the marines because I was running solo and figured it wasn't worth worrying about yet. Some times it's better to be lucky than good lol.

Same happened to me and some friends during our first Legendary playthrough. A pretty common glitch, I guess.

Couldn't manage this by myself. Just did a PuG and succeeded first try. I don't think anyone was aiming for the achievement either, was mass lagg though.

Also to the poster above me, thanks for the video I'm sure it'll help others who need it.

Is anyone else getting FPS Spikes or just really sluggish movement-lag when in a Co-op Campaign or Spartan Ops game?

Edit: Oh yeah, 46/49 Achievos wooohooo

First time we did this was on Legendary with me and a couple friends. Thought we were doing well. Had a couple marines still alive. Than the two phantoms at the end came and tore us to shreds. The 3 of us could barely pop out for more than a couple seconds. I couldn't even get to my Spartan Laser to stop them. Ended up redoing it on Heroic with the same guys. This time we pumped the marines with Rockets, Snipers, and Shotguns (anything that could at least force an Elite to recoil and recover shields.) My friends went on top of the tower and made sure the Spartan Lasers were ready for the Phantoms and I ended up jacking the Wraith and putting myself between the elites and marines to prevent fire from reach them. Than between my 2 friends up top and my mortars down below, we wrecked everything quickly. Had 7 or 8 marines by time we were done. (Now I need to bring myself to do the Marine achievement on the Campaign. Still haven't attempted it yet.)

Also, little fun note: If you have any marine survivors, after the achievement pops they become indestructible. I was ramming them with my wraith and sending them flying in all directions.

First time we did this was on Legendary with me and a couple friends. Thought we were doing well. Had a couple marines still alive. Than the two phantoms at the end came and tore us to shreds. The 3 of us could barely pop out for more than a couple seconds. I couldn't even get to my Spartan Laser to stop them. Ended up redoing it on Heroic with the same guys. This time we pumped the marines with Rockets, Snipers, and Shotguns (anything that could at least force an Elite to recoil and recover shields.) My friends went on top of the tower and made sure the Spartan Lasers were ready for the Phantoms and I ended up jacking the Wraith and putting myself between the elites and marines to prevent fire from reach them. Than between my 2 friends up top and my mortars down below, we wrecked everything quickly. Had 7 or 8 marines by time we were done. (Now I need to bring myself to do the Marine achievement on the Campaign. Still haven't attempted it yet.)

4 Player co-op it. I did it solo and was a HUGE pain in the ass.

• 4 weeks later...

This happened in the first game I did today with an Elite. I thought something was odd as I couldn't find him outside of his radar blip until the red arrow showed up. Luckily, his feet poked through so I could melee him. (Beats the one chapter where a bunch of Elite spawned with only their hands and storm rifles sticking out of the ground).

Anyway, just posting this as a heads up that the episode needed is up this week again for the random online play for anyone like me that missed it before. I got it on my second try with tons of Marines left.