Master of the Custodial Arts Possibly Glitched

venompimp10

So I completed all levels with a double-S score a few weeks ago. After finally getting a perfect score on Yotta, the achievement did not unlock. I don't know if it was my account or if this achievement is glitched for everybody. I'm trying to get in touch with Capcom, but after a week of trying I'm giving up hope. This is just a heads up to anybody playing.

Capcom is the publisher. Try the developer: http://hitboxteam.com/ contact info is at the bottom.

Yeah I'm currently waiting a response from them. I'm not to hopeful they will do much because they are only a four person team plus they are busy with making a new game. I'm currently in progress of beating all custom levels with double S and re-beating the game on a different save. I tried many other things to get this achievement to pop but they have all failed. I really don't know what to do because this game has lacked support since it has released.

I double-S all the custom levels last night and still no achievement. I did not think it would work but it was still worth a try. I have another save where I restarted the game so I'm waiting to see how that turns out.

Edited by venompimp10

As far as I know (I could be wrong), the original PC game shipped with Giga difficult as the last of the red levels, and the rest were added later. SSing Giga would give you an SS+ rating overall, not entirely sure what that means though.

Since the achievement says to SS all levels in the original game, there may have been a coding error and the game is supposed to give you the achievement after Giga, without having to SS Zeta, Yotta etc. Hard to say, but I can see how something like that could get messed up somewhere down the line when porting the game and having it include the "DLC" levels from the start.

As far as I know (I could be wrong), the original PC game shipped with Giga difficult as the last of the red levels, and the rest were added later. SSing Giga would give you an SS+ rating overall, not entirely sure what that means though.

Since the achievement says to SS all levels in the original game, there may have been a coding error and the game is supposed to give you the achievement after Giga, without having to SS Zeta, Yotta etc. Hard to say, but I can see how something like that could get messed up somewhere down the line when porting the game and having it include the "DLC" levels from the start.

I did some research on this issue earlier lastweek and found the Playstation trophies website talking about the same thing back in February. One said he witnessed the trophy pop on a stream from a person SS'ing Yotta. I just don't understand why it works on Playstation but not Xbox. I can't confirm this achievement is glitched for everybody because I'm the only person on the leaderboards to SS every level. I have sent messages to both Hitbox and Capcom, but I have yet to hear anything on this issue. I don't mind replaying every level because this game has become quite easy to me. I'm hoping that either I will get a reply back from the developer or when I double S Yotta again it will unlock. I just have this feeling I'm wasting my time trying to beat this game multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just wanted to give an update. So I found out yesterday there are two persons on the leaderboard that have the achievement. I looked and both have not played the multiplayer, nor have the sweep 50 apples achievement. They both have doubled-S the first difficult level and each have tried at least one other difficult stage having lower scores. Now, I'm going to try and replicate what they have done on another account. I don't know if it will work or not because I do not have another gold account. I have also contacted Microsoft and supposedly they created a report to contact the developer. I'm pretty sure nothing is going to come of it but I'm flat out of ideas. I have tried contacting both Hitbox and Capcom but have received zero response for about a three weeks now. I'll keep trying to get this achievement but I'm pretty sure I'm screwed.

Finally got a USB so I could transfer my save and try this. So I deleted everything, re-downloaded the game, and played through every level except for yotta. I went and finished giga first and nothing happened. I'm waiting to see what happens when I beat yotta again, but my hopes are not high at this point.

This is what I received from Capcom:

Hello,

Unfortunately we don't have a way to do a server refresh, and at this point we don't have a solution for why the achievement won't unlock. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

CAPCOM Customer Support

So, I'm just waiting on the developer's response now.

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty much all written out. I'm just now looking to buy a video camera so I can post videos to the guide. I was also in the middle of moving so that took priority as well. I'm hoping to have the guide up in a week or two.

Update: Only got editing left to do. It will take some time but I'm guessing it will be done Friday.

Edited by venompimp10