What games are you getting Day One?

EliteShadowMan

With Watch Dogs delayed, I'm not sure what I'll get. Not going to keep my pre-order, though. I'll just pre-order it later. I'd like to get Zoo Tycoon, but it's MIA and Gamestop won't even take pre-orders for it. So I'm not sure what to get. The last Battlefield I played was Vietnam and that was nearly a decade ago. The last Madden I bought was in 2010. Eh... I really wanted Watch Dogs. It was going to be the game I played first.

Zoo Tycoon looks pretty neat. I'm keeping my eye on it.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you missed the point. BOTH are being published by Ubisoft. It creates competition just by the fact that some people will only get one or the other if they are released at basically the same time. If they are spread out, people are more likely to get both.

This is very true.

Although this community is only a fraction of the gamers who plan on buying the Xbox One, I'm sure many people would have still bought both at launch. Still, I believe it's very smart in delaying their new IP.

I understood what he was saying and there is a possibility that people are more likely to buy both at launch instead of waiting to get one a little cheaper, but I don't see it boosting sales of either one very much and it's a huge gamble. I don't see how releasing both at the same time would be a terrible business decision.

Considering the 32% stock drop and estimated $54m loss reported from the delay, smart isn't exactly what I would call it, if the delay was to avoid competition between IP's then that is what I would call a terrible business decision. But Ubisoft are probably self aware enough to know that they were going to take a hit with the delay so hopefully it was for a better reason than that and we will be the beneficiaries of it in the end.

Let's be honest here...releasing ACIV AND Watch_Dogs would be a terrible business decision.

^This

I suspect something fishy about what Ubisoft did, but it still worked for me. I had Watch_Dogs pre-ordered. Now I need another great single-player game for when my friends crap out and go to bed. Well, the next best single-player will be AC4.

Getting Killer Instinct (Ultimate Pin Edition), Battlefield 4, and AC4

EVERY game goes through crunch time. This isn't unique to Ryse. Whoever is in charge of Twitter PR is just an idiot for tweeting that.

How so? 90% of people in this thread were planning on getting Watch_dogs at launch and I haven't seen one person say they are going to get ACIV instead. I certainly won't, I'll just buy one less game.

I wish they would have cancelled Assassin's Creed instead, and permanently. I can't stand that franchise. Have you seen the newest trailer for that with the rap song playing? It's one of the worst trailers I've ever seen for a game.

Since I had my console and all my launch day games paid off in full ...

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Dead Rising 3

Forza Motorsports 5

Watch_Dogs

(plus buying BF4 + Premium digitally on launch day)

... but, they delayed Watch_Dogs, I have money set aside for a game that I won't be getting at launch. At first, I was just like "meh" and didn't think about getting something else with that money ... but now I'm thinking I'll move $55 from Watch_Dogs pre-order something else ... and I think that something else will be NBA 2K14.

I wish they would have cancelled Assassin's Creed instead, and permanently. I can't stand that franchise. Have you seen the newest trailer for that with the rap song playing? It's one of the worst trailers I've ever seen for a game.

Don't think I have seen that one, I used to really enjoy the series but around revelations I lost it. I managed to finally get through it a few months ago but couldn't really get into III.

LOL! Link it, link it, Mr. White!

I don't know what trailer he is referring to, but this one is pretty good:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQxUR_FKT4c]Edward Kenway story trailer I Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag [uK] - YouTube[/ame]

So is this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVY3PhLz0g]Assassins Creed 4 -- Pirate Heist Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah I may be in the minority here, but I'm actually excited for ACIV. While I didn't think AC3 was the best in the series, I did think it had some great ideas like the time period, location, and ship battles. Seeing how ACIV takes place a few generations before AC3, in a time and place where pirates roamed around pillaging and plundering as they pleased, I think it's a great set up for an Assassin's Creed game. I'm also thinking they learned from their mistakes in AC3 and made sure to turn Edward Kenway into a more charismatic protagonist. I'm also interested to see if they explain why his son became a Templar, and how that came to be.

^Summed up my thoughts exactly, actually. :p

With Watch Dogs delayed, I'm not sure what I'll get. Not going to keep my pre-order, though. I'll just pre-order it later. I'd like to get Zoo Tycoon, but it's MIA and Gamestop won't even take pre-orders for it. So I'm not sure what to get. The last Battlefield I played was Vietnam and that was nearly a decade ago. The last Madden I bought was in 2010. Eh... I really wanted Watch Dogs. It was going to be the game I played first.

Ugh, I am in the exact same boat. I had Watch_Dogs pre-ordered as my only launch game. I was so psyched for it, it was b far the coolest looking in the line up for me. Now I think I'm going to be getting AcIV Black Flag. I really did not like AC3 I LOVED every other Ac game, but ACIV looks to be fixing all the problems I had with 3. So i should be pleased with it. It does look great to me.

No, you missed the point. BOTH are being published by Ubisoft. It creates competition just by the fact that some people will only get one or the other if they are released at basically the same time. If they are spread out, people are more likely to get both.

This is very true.

Although this community is only a fraction of the gamers who plan on buying the Xbox One, I'm sure many people would have still bought both at launch. Still, I believe it's very smart in delaying their new IP.

Or, you know, you buy the other when you are ready. Just because it releases on the same day or during the launch window doesn't mean that you must go out and buy the game.

/facepalm

Why? A lot of publishers put developers through that shit. This is just the first time it is being acknowledged in such a way.

Or, you know, you buy the other when you are ready. Just because it releases on the same day or during the launch window doesn't mean that you must go out and buy the game.

/facepalm

Um, this is what Ubisoft wants to avoid. They want both games to sell, not to have people pick one or the other. I don't know how you haven't gotten that.

Edited by Veedrock

Finally decided on

FIFA 14 (included with console)

Forza 5 Steelbook Edition

Ryse: Son of Rome Day One Edition

Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition

Watch Dogs, not sure which edition yet though more then likely will just be the standard one due to massive expense elsewhere

That should do me for a fair while at least so now just got to wait till the twenty second of November to get here.

Right, five weeks to go and its changed again though only slightly due to the Watch Dogs delay. Getting Zoo Tycoon instead seeing as I wanted it, but buying it as well as the others was a bit much and maybe Lego Marvel at some point shortly after release. So..

FIFA (included)

Forza 5

Dead Rising 3

Ryse: Son of Rome

Zoo Tycoon

Should keep me busy for a fair while, though no doubt there will be a change of mind again before release but for now that's the list.

I wasn't able to pre-order Zoo Tycoon. Walmart is weird. It didn't help that they had two elderly people running the entertainment section, but then I couldn't pre-order games in the manner that Gamestop lets you pre-order them. I was directed to cards that I had to purchase which you could buy in lieu of the games, but they didn't have one there for Zoo Tycoon. I'll try again on the 1st, but if they don't have it then, I'll probably just get something else.

Cancelled my Watch Dogs pre-order, though. Guy kept insisting I keep $5 on it, but I don't pre-order games six months in advance. I'll get it back two months in advance.

Zoo Tycoon resurfaced as a Walmart exclusive in the United States, which is why it was on foreign websites but not on any US ones. I'll head out today and pre-order it, and cancel my Watch Dogs pre-order at Gamestop.

What do you mean it's a Walmart exclusive? It's pictured in the Gamestop Black Friday ad that showed up today. Unless I'm misunderstanding your comment.

Finally payed off everything. Getting:

Xbox One (obviously)

Rechargeable Battery Pack

Battlefield 4

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Madden 25

Still kind of disappointed that Watch Dogs isn't coming out on release...I also still want to buy a few more games even though the ones listed should last me a while. But honestly, there isn't anything else that interesting coming out besides Crimson Dragon, and Killer Instinct. Guess i could always nab up Forza 5 and NFS: Rivals since i still have two paychecks before the console gets released.

Finally payed off everything. Getting:

Xbox One (obviously)

Rechargeable Battery Pack

Battlefield 4

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Dead Rising 3

Ryse

Madden 25

Still kind of disappointed that Watch Dogs isn't coming out on release...I also still want to buy a few more games even though the ones listed should last me a while. But honestly, there isn't anything else that interesting coming out besides Crimson Dragon, and Killer Instinct. Guess i could always nab up Forza 5 and NFS: Rivals since i still have two paychecks before the console gets released.

Hot damn. You're not holding back.

After the Watch Dogs delay and updating myself with gameplay on most of the stuff coming out, I've redecided what I'm going to get this year for both consoles.

-Battlefield 4

-CoD Ghosts

One

-Battlefield 4

-NFS Rivals

-AC: Black Flag

I wanted to get Forza 5 but I think I can wait that out a couple more months. I still need to finish Forza 4. Pretty much confirmed that Ryse looks kind of half assed. Not interested in Dead Rising 3 and fuck all the other games.

End of the day, I would happily trade in the release dates of all these titles except BF4 for The Crew if it were to come out this year..that game gets me hot..so hot.