Broke Xbox One Club!

CrimsonGhost

Crap, they got ZombieFan! I must make my escape before they find me!

No more shots fired from me, I'm just a guy who likes both sides of the console war (and is pissed that Nintendo aren't included in it), and I'll keep my comments relatively positive. :)

Just noticed that myself - but to be honest, he wasn't being respectful, nor cooperative during discussions or even arguments. He'd only interject to add unnecessary fuel.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully this isn't a widespread and forever lasting problem like the infamous RROD.

Hopefully it'll be as simple as swapping out the non-functioning drive with a new one, so nowhere near as bad as a melted motherboard ;).

But it shouldn't really be happening, not after the years of stick MS got for the original RRoD (and denial of). Wonder what their excuse will be this time...

Kind of surprised at how quickly people are having problems. I hope that the people that got the Day One Editions don't get them replaced with refurbished Normal Xbox Ones. Although I would get a good chuckle out of it, *"I am so happy I got my Day One Xbox One".....Disc drive breaks.....sends it in to get fixed.....Normal Xbox One is sent as replacement....."f*** Me"*.

I figured I would say that in the unlikely event that it happens to someone.

No I am not being hateful or spiteful, just a little bit of humor in the wake of all this bad stuff going on.

Kind of surprised at how quickly people are having problems. I hope that the people that got the Day One Editions don't get them replaced with refurbished Normal Xbox Ones. Although I would get a good chuckle out of it, *"I am so happy I got my Day One Xbox One".....Disc drive breaks.....sends it in to get fixed.....Normal Xbox One is sent as replacement....."f*** Me"*.

I figured I would say that in the unlikely event that it happens to someone.

No I am not being hateful or spiteful, just a little bit of humor in the wake of all this bad stuff going on.

There is no difference with the consoles. The difference is in the packaging, controller, and achievement.

Mine's been able to play games and stuff just fine. But my fan is ticking like crazy and can get real annoying while I'm gaming:

Mine makes that same noise, but I don't really notice when I am playing a game/watching something.

It also made that noise for a moment or two after I turned it off (I have the "Xbox On" bit turned on).

Why is my power block buzzing when the system is off? Anyone else having this problem? Is this even a problem?

Edited by xhunterrrr

Yeah, seriously couldn't hear any ticking in your video...

Try turning your volume up. Trust me it's there. But I actually don't think it's the fan and it's in fact the hdd. Which would explain why at certain points it is louder and then gets quieter.

Mine makes that same noise, but I don't really notice when I am playing a game/watching something.

It also made that noise for a moment or two after I turned it off (I have the "Xbox On" bit turned on).

Why is my power block buzzing when the system is off? Anyone else having this problem? Is this even a problem?

See above, I think it's the hdd. In standby I can hear the fan running but can't even hear a faint tick, but once it boots and starts to access the hdd it starts ticking. I booted up crimson dragons and once it started to access the hdd for saves it was ticking like crazy.

I'll be returning mine to walmart by the 14th if all their preorders aren't picked up by then and exchanging my day one for another. Don't want to exchange it now and lose my day one controller, since they only have the day ones for their preorder people. If not then I'll call around to other walmarts in my area and if they all are gone I'll be sending it back to MS

Edited by skatermike21988

Finally got around to using my XB1 and the disc drive is fucked. I'm not impressed as I've booked holiday off to play it.

Got through to customer support right away and the guy was really helpful. Ordered a replacement which could be up to 10 days waiting time, but it normally happens faster.

Still annoyed.

Edited by Nozza

I feel terrible for all those who got a broken console, but Sony had some duds too and let's hope both companies are less than a 1%. These days the the minority can be the most vocal through forums and social media and make small problems seem huge.

I really hope you get the problem fixed and get to play very fast and don't take it out on MS by switching because some Sony users had problems too.

Finally got around to using my XB1 and the disc drive is fucked. I'm not impressed as I've booked holiday off to play it.

Got through to customer support right away and the guy was really helpful. Ordered a replacement which could be up to 10 days waiting time, but it normally happens faster.

Still annoyed.

This really sucks....

If I spent $600 on a console It better be working. ESPECIALLY if I took off work to play. Why can't you return it to the store?

This really sucks....

If I spent $600 on a console It better be working. ESPECIALLY if I took off work to play. Why can't you return it to the store?

I ordered it via ShopTo, who are an online store for just games. Think of it as Amazon, so no physical store like GAME or GameStop etc.

I called Xbox Support and they're doing the replacement. Come Monday, I'll call ST and see what they say. If they're willing to send me another due to being under their warranty or something, then I'll take the piss and have it and sell it on.

How I wish I got it from GAME now, where I could just walk in and get it replaced there and then.

I ordered it via ShopTo, who are an online store for just games. Think of it as Amazon, so no physical store like GAME or GameStop etc.

I called Xbox Support and they're doing the replacement. Come Monday, I'll call ST and see what they say. If they're willing to send me another due to being under their warranty or something, then I'll take the piss and have it and sell it on.

How I wish I got it from GAME now, where I could just walk in and get it replaced there and then.

Lucky you. MS has just been giving me the runaround all day. Finally was told I need to have Amazon replace it (which they can't because they have no stock) or get it repaired, which could cost money. I wish I would have a good experience with MS support like everyone else seems to have.

Lucky you. MS has just been giving me the runaround all day. Finally was told I need to have Amazon replace it (which they can't because they have no stock) or get it repaired, which could cost money. I wish I would have a good experience with MS support like everyone else seems to have.

Seems like the UK side their support is better than the US.

I got through without having to wait on hold. The guy said they'll get it on the system and have it sent out asap. It'll come by courier which I can track and then it'll just be a swap the broken for the new.

Only thing they did do was put that £600 holding cost on my account for whatever reason! Other than that, I just hope it comes this week. Like Monday lol

Seems like the UK side their support is better than the US.

I got through without having to wait on hold. The guy said they'll get it on the system and have it sent out asap. It'll come by courier which I can track and then it'll just be a swap the broken for the new.

Only thing they did do was put that £600 holding cost on my account for whatever reason! Other than that, I just hope it comes this week. Like Monday lol

That sounds so easy. MS support for me has been a living hell. Amazon has been more helpful than MS and I don't think Amazon should have to do anything when MS shipped a faulty product.

That sounds so easy. MS support for me has been a living hell. Amazon has been more helpful than MS and I don't think Amazon should have to do anything when MS shipped a faulty product.

Same. It's not you have a unique broken Xbox that may of been broken during transit. The same exact thing is happening to loads of people, so it's MS who needs to pick up the pieces.

Everything else on my XB1 works perfectly. System loads up, sounds perfect and quiet. Kinect is responsive to my commands and picks me up in my lounge. Just doesn't play games. Looks like a a certain production bunch went wrong somewhere and someone will not be having a good week because of it.