No Punctuation - Pain in the a**

moontsuki

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the platforming bits are the joke for this achievement ; they make it hard because alan is so jittery. idiot keeps falling to his death round the tornado. 1 fall and thats it, back to the beginning AGAIN.

Agreed. Continuously seem to die at this part. Really annoying that they threw this crap in here. Alan Wake is not a platformer, christ.

This achievement is MUCH harder than the Signal. I did the Signal in like 3 tries.

This one I keep missing the fodsfkldsjcking jump at the tornado. Then its 10 minutes to run back. The only other parts I died at were the giant rotating thing that lead to the well lit room, bloody fell like 50 feet there. And the crows heading toward the lighthouse. Oh, and the bloody giant taken that ambushes you after that as you're clearing the rocks. I figured out how to pass that np. At least the tricky parts are early...

I am having a difficult time with this one. I think it may have something to do with the fact I haven't touched this game since The Signal. The weird part is I am dying at what should be the easier parts later in the DLC. Oh well, I'll get it eventually. I'm just impatient, it's my last 'chievo for 1500.

I will say that I actually prefer this type of achievement over the "collect X number of crap items" thing (and EVERY game does it).

well guys i FINALLY did it, the only real trouble i had was at that damn tornado. after that it was pretty much the usual thing of taking out the Taken. Bide your time and don't make silly mistakes, like thinking you can run past them unless you have flares to keep you safe. That last bit with the lighthouse beams, just destroy the rocks and then run back so that it takes them all out, reserving ammo for the final fight.

I kept about 11 flares, the flare gun, a flashbang and rifle ammo to take out the last bosses. Use the flares to keep the birds at bay and just throw everything you have at the other guys.

I feel your pain, just stick it out, you'll get there.

Happy 1500G gamer here now :)

Heard it's easier than Run On Sentence. Hoping that's true...? Took five tries to net that one. Nearly sent my controller sailing at one point. :p

I found it easier.

Run On Sentence took me 5 tries.

No Punctuation took me 1 try.

The tornado part is easy, I even did it fast enough for 'Whirlwind'. The only part I nearly died on was when you get attacked by crows as you're heading to the lighthouse, the part with those mini-lighthouses you can turn on. You get attacked by crows and two taken show up right near you ... that was a close one!

I kept about 11 flares, the flare gun, a flashbang and rifle ammo to take out the last bosses.

Where did you find the flare gun? I haven't been able to locate it on my first playthrough and figured it would help on that last boss area.

Also, can you shed any light on how to perform the "Iron Will" achievement?

Where did you find the flare gun? I haven't been able to locate it on my first playthrough and figured it would help on that last boss area.

Also, can you shed any light on how to perform the "Iron Will" achievement?

There's a secret cave you can enter right after getting off a crashed plane's wing. Once inside you'll see the word Flaregun, shine your flashlight on it and poof! You've got yourself one flaregun so make the best of it.

Shine light on word. Jump to it. Shine light on path, follow path while dodging the Taken that pops up. Repeat steps 1-3, run to ladder. Achievement unlocked. Nothing irritating about it for me.

It's the missing the platform jump shit. I would jump and land on it and Alan would stagger off of it. Ridiculous.

It's the missing the platform jump shit. I would jump and land on it and Alan would stagger off of it. Ridiculous.

I gotta agree with you there, Alan Wake is not a platformer and shouldn't be given sections pertaining to platforming. You wanna hear what's truly ridiculous about that part? Having the lumberjack Taken jump on one of the debris with me and knock me off on my first (and only so far) No Punctuation run :p.

where is the tornado part i clocked the dlc once and i didnt even notice a tornado (SPOILER) just the bit at the end where fight barry and a few taken and birds

You cant miss it. Near the start after the house starts spinning round. You have to shine the light on objects to move around the tornado, then go up a ladder then go round again.

This achievement is MUCH harder than the Signal. I did the Signal in like 3 tries.

This one I keep missing the fodsfkldsjcking jump at the tornado. Then its 10 minutes to run back. The only other parts I died at were the giant rotating thing that lead to the well lit room, bloody fell like 50 feet there. And the crows heading toward the lighthouse. Oh, and the bloody giant taken that ambushes you after that as you're clearing the rocks. I figured out how to pass that np. At least the tricky parts are early...

Figured out the solutions to all of these, just thought I'd share if anyone needed assistance.

1) The tornado: About the second "bridge" on the lower ring is a bus. Wait for that one if going for No Punctuation. I was shining my light on the upper ring as I waited for it to go around, so when I got past the taken and up to the upper ring, I waited for a trio of beds to jump on.

2) The "wheel" that leads to the well lit room: waited til the room was actually upright and then ran to it.

3) Crows: Took out as many taken as I could before they showed up, used flares if i heard em coming from behind. Make sure to save at least 4 for the final battle.

4) The clearing rocks part: Lead the taken into the light. Stun them with the flashlight, don't move too fast or slow.

Hope this helps, finally got it a little bit ago. :)