So there's a new AC game due out before or early 2012...

probably old news, but i have to say, i'm pretty excited. sure, annual releases suck, but if it's assassin's creed then i don't care. give me more AC any day. supposedly there's a big reveal in may, so i'm pretty excited for that. if it's another spin-off, i wonder what direction they'll take this time. another ezio story? doubtful. perhaps it's AC3? i'm not so sure.

Assassins Creed released 14th November 2007

Assassins Creed II released 17th November 2009

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood released 16th November 2010

so,i reckon this Fall is going to be murder(i already have day one releases for Skyrim,Batman AC and Mass Effect 3)

someone posted on CVG a rumour that the next full game(as in AC3)will be set during the gunpowder plot of London in the early 1600s(AC1 was 1100s,and AC2 was late 1400 and ACB was early 1500s)

not sure how true that rumour is/was...but it would be cool if true

Assassins Creed released 14th November 2007

Assassins Creed II released 17th November 2009

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood released 16th November 2010

so,i reckon this Fall is going to be murder(i already have day one releases for Skyrim,Batman AC and Mass Effect 3)

someone posted on CVG a rumour that the next full game(as in AC3)will be set during the gunpowder plot of London in the early 1600s(AC1 was 1100s,and AC2 was late 1400 and ACB was early 1500s)

not sure how true that rumour is/was...but it would be cool if true

i hear ya man. skyrim, ME3, arkham city, and now another AC game? jesus, my wallet is gonna be shedding tears. :eek: i figured ubisoft would take the series to either london or france. i'm still hoping for feudal japan, but any of those settings would be cool as well.

I heard the next Assassin's Creed is set for Q4 2011 :eek: (although far too close to Gears 3 for my liking :(). Then in 2012 Ubisoft is supposedly planning a Creed related "announcement", which essentially means they plan to pull a COD and do two yearly installments but don't want to fully admit it yet.

I do however trust them to not let Creed meet COD's fate by milking the franchise for all its worth.

Anyway, the most prevalent rumors I've heard about the time period have been that the next game will either be French Revolution or English Tudors (Catholic Revolution).

france sounds about right, something set in europe for sure. europe in general was full of conspiracies back in those times, so it would make sense to make the next AC game there. i know ubisoft originally planned to make AC a trilogy only, but with the series selling over 20 million copies as a whole, i highly doubt ubisoft will end the series at 3. :drunk

Edited by Vanilla Coke Zero

It's been said that Mass effect is a trillogy, but with the universe they created being as deep as it is, there's always the possibility of games set in that world, but not starring sheppard to come up.

I think AC will remain a trillogy, because back when AC1 was released there was talk about ho the story was mostly finished for the trillogy, just not determined how it would be told. As for brotherhood, a solid game and in no way a "spin off" in the same way most cheaply made "lets milk this series" spin offs are, we could see quite a few, both to fill in blanks of the story or continue things from another perspective. But the numbered series i think will remain at 3.

i think i speak for all, Untill I See PROOF Of Assassin Creed 3 or what ever the title maybe, exist this year or next, i wont believe it.

put us in a hype, then wham, disappointment.

sure it says "this year Assassin Creed" but they could change there minds, put it in 2012.

think about that.