Is anyone else scared of this game?

Madd Prerow

I don't know what it is, but I find this game to be freaky. The odd music, the random shootings, the bizzare characters; It just makes me freak out.

Example: I was walking through the wastlands and there sudenly was something shooting at me, and I couldent find what. I ran and ran but it still shot me. PLEASE LORD, STOP THE SHOOTING!!!!

Example: The feral ghouls - enough said

I know im just a big scaredy cat, but im just curious if anyone else felt this way. Post examples if you would like.

-Paul

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what it is, but I find this game to be freaky. The odd music, the random shootings, the bizzare characters; It just makes me freak out.

Example: I was walking through the wastlands and there sudenly was something shooting at me, and I couldent find what. I ran and ran but it still shot me. PLEASE LORD, STOP THE SHOOTING!!!!

I know im just a big scaredy cat, but im just curious if anyone else felt this way. Post examples if you would like.

-Paul

Spoilers ahead.

Oh, yes. I took a break after "The Power of the Atom". Then I decided that I was going to finish it and get all the achievements, gosh darn it, and power through. I've done some side quests, and I'm ready to talk to Dr. Li in Rivet City to find my father. I'm halfway to level 13, and do decently in combat. I usually have to reload saves when Dogmeat dies. But some of this "dungeon crawling" is pretty freaky. I'm taking a break from it for a while. Who knows how long this time?

if you want freaky, hook up your console to home theater system and play it in 5.1 surround sound. i've got noises coming out of my surround sound speakers that ive never heard before. throw in playing it at night and turning suddenly to see a deathclaw crawling up your butt and yeah, youll jump a few times out of your skin

After so many horror movies, on top of games like Dead Space, Resident Evil, and Silent Hill... Fallout 3 is far from a scary game. In fact, I find it laughable.

If you really can't stand it, just listen to Galaxy News Radio all the time. Listening to songs about sunshine and happiness while eviscerating raiders is a recipe for good times.

-Paul

When I first got this game a few years ago it kinda creeped me out, too, not a lot though and I got used to it pretty fast... It actually creeped me out a LOT more before I got it, watching YouTube gameplays and such, I almost didn't want to get it because it looked SO just... well fucked up, lol, but it proved too tempting. You'll get used to it soon, though and by the time you get to New Vegas you probably won't get scared (although there are some places that still get me going).

That's clearly not what he means, so why bother posting.

===

I really really hated going into Vaults. Enemies, no enemies, doesn't matter, those were the creepiest things in the universe in my book. I also REALLY REALLY REALLY hate underwater in ANY video game, so I didn't enjoy getting to Pinkerton one bit. I think there was also a cave with a large underwater section? Or maybe that was New Vegas.

I don't handle scary too well though, so when I was new to the game I did get jumps from random enemies popping out from the dark and other sudden things like mines going off. I eventually got used to the general vibe of the game, making it easier on the nerves; it also helps when you mash the VATS button like a bitch to preempt anything that wants to jump you :p

-Paul

Might I suggest you go outside for some fresh air!

after playing bioshock which trumps any freakyness in this game I wasnt really bothered besides anytime I was uneasy I kept tapping vats so I instantly saw any nasties trying to jump me.

I would have disliked the dunwich building a lot more if I had no follower and I found point lookout to be very creepy (in the swamp with real tough swamp folk, that underground cave with their holy book and the PoW camp were all real bad) with no followers for company and I left my trusty op anchorage power armour behind and took reileys combat armour so felt more vulnerable. you can be sure I jumped on the boat back as soon as I got all the achevs.

• 2 weeks later...

Going alone in the tunnels, listening some feral ghouls that you can´t see but you know are gonna come sometime for you can scared me sometimes.

Specially playing on a not very good stealth character with not much range for the enemies to appear on your radar (If i do remember correctly there was a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attribute that affects that didn´t?).

I really dislike closed dark spaces, primary those filled with zombies and alike creatures, both in real life and gaming.

There´s too lots of creatures in the game that, without been scary, are pretty creepy. Ants and cockroaches seem very unpleasant to have near, been attacked by or even touch.

Nah, it's not really that scary. Looking at Washington like that makes feel a little relieved that the pride of the country could still survive something like that. You know, for a guy who lives in DC...

I believe their intentions were to make the player ask themselves, "shit, did we get ourselves that far that ended up helping our country get destroy?", no patriotism...but whatever.

Post-Apocalyptic plots always play with the concept idea of showing you a horrible scenario of the future where mankind destroys itself, in this case, thanks to nuclear war. DId you truly felt pride that even american writers think your country can ended up playing a mayor part in the destruction of the environment? Now I understand why America contaminate so much without regret, you just don´t give a damn even after so much sci-fi writing about it and scientists warnings.

Scared? MY ANSWER IS YES!!! When I play this game, sometimes I stop in middle of a cave, I turn my head to speak with my mom, and when I turn to the computer, a big stupid monster is eating my head, and I start yelling like a kid! Actually, I put off the sound, so I can play without that fear :(

• 1 month later...

Not the game as a whole, but the Giant Radscorpions scare the shit out of me. Especially when I turn around and they have just come from out of nowhere. I don't know what it is, but something about them freaks me out, even their dead bodies freak me out. And proper scorpions in RL don't have an effect on me, it's just those in game.