Will You Keep Your 360?

Askeroth

For those of us who are getting the Xbox One, are you keeping your 360? I promised to give mine away when I got my new system, which hurts because my gamerscore completion percentage is going to take a hit. Some of that Bioshock Infinite DLC isn't going to be out until next year, well after I switch to the new console. It's safe to say that any big game bought over the next few months - Saint's Row 4, GTA V, Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed IV - they're all going to have DLC releases, with achievements, well after the Xbox One launches. Achievements that I'll never be able to get.

Because of that, will most of you keep your 360s? Or are you going to give them away / sell them / trade them in for the new console?

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will absolutely keep mine. There is so many games I haven't played yet and so many achievements I still plan on getting :)

If switching between consoles is possible when the next-gen consoles hit the shelves I'll be playin on both the 360 and the One. Otherwise I'll wait before buying the One and continue playing my 360.

Why would you get rid of it when 360 games/arcade games/games on demand can not be played on the new xbox?

Nothing wrong with keeping it. It's what I plan to do.

It's not a matter of what I want. It's just that I gave my word to somebody and I can't very well go back on that. Edited by Askeroth

Probably listing my 360 on Craigslist in early October for about $200 with a controller, chatpad, wireless mic+charge cable, wired mic, and an old pair of Turtle Beach X3's (not X31's, they're that old!!), Blops 1 & 2, and BF3 ... plus I'll leave all the DLCs on the HDD, which adds in value. Not sure if someone could use those DLCs online, but I assume they could ... I seem to remember going over to my brother-in-law's house years ago and downloading a bunch of DLC for him using my profile and it worked for him.

If it doesn't sell though, I'll end up trading it all in to GameStop to help pay for the new system.

Uhm....DUH!

There's no way I can sell my Halo 4 Slim, besides, if Splinter Cell and GTA get DLC post X1 launch, I'll still wanna go back and play them!

Granted I won't play my 360 a lot once I start gaming on the One, I'll definitely still always go back to it. I'm just gonna hook it up in the guest bedroom and have the One in the living room.

Edited by BiggD

I know you said this was for those getting an Xbone, but I want to answer this too (as someone who will be getting both a PS3, and PS4).

There are games, and DLC that I love on my 360. I don't want to give that up, and I will be keeping my 360 for as long as it lives (assuming nothing else happens to it like my original 360).

Edited by MySummerJob

i will probably use my 360 more than one up until spring 2014, when all the big games come out!

at xboxone launch ill be getting bf4 and dr3, ill play them a lot, but ill also be playing GTA5, saints row 4, blacklist. and will continue to rent uplayed games from lovefilm, such as bioshock infinite, crysis 3, dead island riptide etc.

then when spring comes ill be playing titanfall, elder scrolls online, sunset overdrive the crew.

Of course I will be keeping my slim. I have 4 HDMI inputs on my tv so I just change the channel to switch systems. Nothin to it!

I've read the One has a HDMI in port, so the theory is you can play the 360 thru the One...somehow. MS haven't explicitly come out and said this tho.

OT - of course I'll be keeping my 360. GTA5 alone is enough reason not to get rid of it. Gonna trade in a bunch of 360 games tho.

They plan to support the Xbox 360 until 2015/2017 I hear, so I'll be keeping my slim. Mainly because I won't be getting GTA V til next year. I'll keep it to play "retro" games and 'cos all of the arcade titles I've bought I'd still like to play. I may even get BF4 on 360 and ONE to compare them haha.

I'll be keeping mine, there is still a huge library of games that I can play on it. Once the One comes out the prices on the 360 used games will likely go down even further, to the point where it makes more sense to get a disk than download it.

I've got my One preordered, all new games I buy will be for it, and I'm sure after a year or two my 360 will become used less and less until I decide to put it in the closet or give it away.