Any chance left for a pre order?

xICooRsYIx

Hey guys,

Im in the US. More specifically massachusetts and i was wondering if there are going to be any more opportunities for pre ordering the "Day One" Edition.

I found out that best buy restocked but by the time i went on, they were sold out again. Im desperate for the Day One Edition, but im not enabling the scalpers who are buying them in bulk just to sell them for a 400% profit. I cant stand people like that.

So if anyone has any information on more pre orders popping up, please let me (us) know!

thanks a bunch

-xICooRsYIx

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it just seems like every site i go there is different information.. They will have plenty at release.. they ran into production issues and wont fullful all pre orders. and they are just playing games to get more people to show up without pre orders and buy them.

Im praying something happens and stores will make any cancelled pre orders available again. That or im waiting in line all day at a store in hopes they have extras, or im going to have to just settle for a standard edition. lol

-xICooRsYIx

You just missed Gamestop re-opening last week:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=546899

I doubt it will happen again honestly. One month to go and people have had three chances now at Gamestop and a few at multiple other retailers. They're likely locked in and waiting for the Black Friday and Xmas rushes.

blahhh gamestop had another too!? im so upset at myself. I went on bestbuy thursday morning before work. At this point i wasnt even aware they sold out in the first place and it was a restock. I had to get to work so i told myself i would pre order it as soon as i got home. When i get home, much to my dissapointment they were sold out again. Now im kicking myself in the butt big time.

All these places doing a midnight launch. Are they even guaranteed to have all the pre orders!? do you think there would be any chance at all they would have extras. I know it would suck to wait in line forever just to get in and find out they wont sell me one without a pre order but im willing to do whatever. (except pay 1000 bucks lol.

-xICooRsYIx

You can buy my extra one! :p

In all seriousness, I would watch Target right now. They just cancelled a bunch of PS4 preorders because of cancelled games and are reopening preorders on a first come, first serve basis. The same might happen with the Xbox One. Otherwise, I would sign up to be notified when more is in stock by any retailer who is selling it.

Also, from what I've heard, physical Target stores occasionally have those preorder cards still available.

Probably won't get it on Day 1, but I'm told Amazon is taking pre-orders on a first come, first serve basis as they get more and more units ready to ship out. I would imagine January or February at the latest.

Of course, if you're interested, I'm probably going to list my Day 1 edition on Ebay. Buy It Now is set for $1500, but I'm starting the bidding off at $550 so it covers the cost of shipping and taxes.

Edited by DarkReign2021

ya ill buy your xbox one for 3 times as much as what its retailed for. No offense but its upsetting knowing there are people out there buying more than one just to turn a crazy profit. where there are people like me that cant even get my hands on one.

-xICooRsYIx

ya ill buy your xbox one for 3 times as much as what its retailed for. No offense but its upsetting knowing there are people out there buying more than one just to turn a crazy profit. where there are people like me that cant even get my hands on one.

-xICooRsYIx

Welcome to a world of supply and demand. And where I can exercise my rights as a consumer to buy and sell products. If I am willing to spend an extra $500-600 and someone is willing to pay me $1000+ for that product, why shouldn't i do it? It'll pay for my system so I don't have to spend as much.

You can buy my extra one! :p

In all seriousness, I would watch Target right now. They just cancelled a bunch of PS4 preorders because of cancelled games and are reopening preorders on a first come, first serve basis. The same might happen with the Xbox One. Otherwise, I would sign up to be notified when more is in stock by any retailer who is selling it.

Also, from what I've heard, physical Target stores occasionally have those preorder cards still available.

Dude you are the MAN!!! i just started calling all my targets in the area and i found one that still has some 15 minutes away!!!!

I suggest everyone thats having trouble like me do the same thing and physically call your local TARGET stores

-xICooRsYIx

-xICooRsYIx

To be fair, I agree with you on that. I didn't buy multiple to extort people though. I pre-ordered one and decided I don't want it because there are no good launch titles and it would be stupid to turn down the opportunity to make a profit when it's staring me in the face. I'd be selling mine even if I only made back what I paid for it, but other people are willing to pay crazy prices, so that's my gain ;p

To be fair, I agree with you on that. I didn't buy multiple to extort people though. I pre-ordered one and decided I don't want it because there are no good launch titles and it would be stupid to turn down the opportunity to make a profit when it's staring me in the face. I'd be selling mine even if I only made back what I paid for it, but other people are willing to pay crazy prices, so that's my gain ;p

I think you need to look the definition of extortion. Selling something on eBay and having someone pay a ridiculous amount for it because they WANT to is not extortion.

I think you need to look the definition of extortion. Selling something on eBay and having someone pay a ridiculous amount for it because they WANT to is not extortion.

I know it's not. It's a smart business maneuver, though in terms of being a decent human being, it's definitely wrong snatching up multiple consoles and preventing others from getting their hands on one for a reasonable price. but hey, life goes on.

I know it's not. It's a smart business maneuver, though in terms of being a decent human being, it's definitely wrong snatching up multiple consoles and preventing others from getting their hands on one for a reasonable price. but hey, life goes on.

Communist!

Buying something then selling it for a profit is the basis of all capitalism. And despite what some people think, Capitalism isn't evil. Now, price-gouging on basic services and needs like food, water, medicines ... that's evil.

But selling an electronic ENTERTAINMENT device at 400% markup? Not evil. If that's the price that the market will bear, then it's not evil to benefit from high demand. If he was selling medical supplies at 400% markup in a war zone, I'd say it was inhumane or evil, but he's not, he's selling a video game console.

Communist!

Buying something then selling it for a profit is the basis of all capitalism. And despite what some people think, Capitalism isn't evil. Now, price-gouging on basic services and needs like food, water, medicines ... that's evil.

But selling an electronic ENTERTAINMENT device at 400% markup? Not evil. If that's the price that the market will bear, then it's not evil to benefit from high demand. If he was selling medical supplies at 400% markup in a war zone, I'd say it was inhumane or evil, but he's not, he's selling a video game console.

Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment? I'm a huge supporter of true Marxist Communism and while I can clearly see the flaws and weaknesses of a communist system such as those that exist in the world today, I also see far greater failings in the capitalist system due to the greed and corruption of Corporations and Politicians. This is how you end up living in a world where you have to deal with things like Obamacare, self-promotion, and abused financial aid programs. A hybrid of Capital and Communist policies with actual honest people in power would be the ultimate solution to having a world with decent human beings.

Is that supposed to be an insult or a compliment? I'm a huge supporter of true Marxist Communism and while I can clearly see the flaws and weaknesses of a communist system such as those that exist in the world today, I also see far greater failings in the capitalist system due to the greed and corruption of Corporations and Politicians. This is how you end up living in a world where you have to deal with things like Obamacare, self-promotion, and abused financial aid programs. A hybrid of Capital and Communist policies with actual honest people in power would be the ultimate solution to having a world with decent human beings.

Lulz. Another person who thinks Obamacare is the end of this country. Enough with derailing this thread.

I'm glad you support true Marxism.

It's always nice when someone supports a system that forgets that humans have flaws like greed and selfishness. And once we figure out a way to make it so all humans are nice and kind to one another without greed, selfishness, corruption, etc. ... then we'll be ready to form that Marxist Utopia.

Until then, how about we use a system that doesn't end up so corrupt it topples in less than a century. To date, no communist society has survived it's own corruption and human flaws. At least capitalist societies make human flaws into strengths.