Xbox randomly turning on?

JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95

there are 2 power modes, off and standby (i think)

mine is set to 'off' but there have been 3 occasions when i have got back from work or college or anywhere and it will be turned on?!

is it updating itself? randomly turning itself on? or are my cats walking infront of the turn on button?!

After reading your post I am now pondering the possibility that Xbox One is a prototype for Skynet. Lol, first thing that came to mind after reading your post.

okay, this is the last time im bumping this up.

but this morning it happened again and turned on twice.

i set my alarm for 7 every day, and when i turn it off i see my xbox is on. then i tend to go for breakfast at around 8 and walk back upstairs and its on again! the exact same thing happened yesterday.

so it appears its turning on twice in the morning for reasons unknown?! what about when im out for most of the day? it could be turning on 5 times without me knowing?!

okay, this is the last time im bumping this up.

but this morning it happened again and turned on twice.

i set my alarm for 7 every day, and when i turn it off i see my xbox is on. then i tend to go for breakfast at around 8 and walk back upstairs and its on again! the exact same thing happened yesterday.

so it appears its turning on twice in the morning for reasons unknown?! what about when im out for most of the day? it could be turning on 5 times without me knowing?!

Ok I narrowed it down to THREE things:

1. An amazingly dedicaated pratical joke. One of your friends is determined to get you to go crazy.

FIX: Check under your bed.

2. A ghost....who is a PS fan. His goal is to overheat your X1.

FIX: MOVE!!!

3. A faulty X1. I know it's hard to believe they would ship you a $500 console that might be faulty....oh wait.

FIX: Call M$ and open a ticket.

It turns itself off as well? Maybe its dropping hints about you playing on it more or its just a very indecisive console.

Edited by Mr Random Hero

2. A ghost....who is a PS fan. His goal is to overheat your X1.

FIX: MOVE!!!

Or maybe s/he's and Xbox fan and wanted to play the new console, but you keep turning it off on him/her:mad:

Seriously though, I'd call Microsoft. Or, when you're out, disconnect your router so your Xbox won't have internet connection, hence impossible to update, so you can disprove that theory.

2:35

your xbox will turn on if you plug your controller in...

WTF!

so i have to unplug my controller every time i turn my xbox off?!

Based on the title of that video, I wouldn't believe a word of anything that is said. I'm not even going to watch it.

In fact, I just plugged in my controller and all that came on was the charge light so to show me it charging. The console itself didn't turn on at all. I think it is pretty neat that I can charge the controller with the console completely off. Didn't even realize that!

Based on the title of that video, I wouldn't believe a word of anything that is said. I'm not even going to watch it.

In fact, I just plugged in my controller and all that came on was the charge light so to show me it charging. The console itself didn't turn on at all. I think it is pretty neat that I can charge the controller with the console completely off. Didn't even realize that!

i tested it and mine turned on!!!!?!

from now on ill make sure i unplug it after turning it off, then if it randomly turns on again i know somethings up...

still dont understand how a controller can uplug then replug itself during the night..

i tested it and mine turned on!!!!?!

from now on ill make sure i unplug it after turning it off, then if it randomly turns on again i know somethings up...

still dont understand how a controller can uplug then replug itself during the night..

Do you have instant-on enabled?