'One Gun' achievement?

SoLo

Is it true that even if you aim with another weapon (not firing) it negates the achievement? Also, in that regard as long as you don't fire any other weapon besides plasma cutter, you'll get the achievement?

And, does melee negate the achievement? Thanks to whoever clears this up.

My first play through I was just playing and I didn't even know about the achievement.

I purchased the pulse rifle, equipped it, and even brought up the aiming reticule but I didn't fire.

I was saving it for harder enemies. Then I started looking at the achievement list and saw the one gun achievement.

I didn't fire it, I used melee attacks with my cutter, used kinesis and stasis on enemies, and curb stomped.

At the end of my first run I got the achievement.

It looks like as long as you don't fire the weapons you'll be okay.

Well, I started my second play-through carrying over my stats and I started the game with the pulse rifle equipped. I immediately switched to my plasma-cutter. Did that negate the achievement?

From what was said above, as long as you don't fire it, you're OK.

No, if you equip a different gun as long as you DON'T fire it you're fine. I did this on my second go through and for some reason I kept switching guns before going to the work bench. I also aimed the Line Gun to see if the length actually upgraded (i think that is one of the upgrades). But as long as you don't fire the gun your fine. Using melee is fine and using kinesis on objects and killing things with it is fine too.

No, if you equip a different gun as long as you DON'T fire it you're fine. I did this on my second go through and for some reason I kept switching guns before going to the work bench. I also aimed the Line Gun to see if the length actually upgraded (i think that is one of the upgrades). But as long as you don't fire the gun your fine. Using melee is fine and using kinesis on objects and killing things with it is fine too.

Whew! Thanks for confirming Showtime. I'm half way thru chapter 7 and I haven't even purchased another weapon, but I've been meleeing the shit out of necromorphs!

I'm referring to a new game+, where you have the 10 bonus nodes, military suit, and extra money for a second run.

If you did it on impossible, you have my respect, but you have to do that without the bonuses for completing the game, so that doesn't really answer my question.

I already have the achievement, but I got it on my first run. My friend is wondering if you can get it on a second run, where you start with all of your credits and upgrades from the last game you played with the aforementioned bonuses.

He wants to try and get the max all weapons and 'one gun' at the same time, which is why I'm asking.

Thanks.

My first play through I was just playing and I didn't even know about the achievement.

I purchased the pulse rifle, equipped it, and even brought up the aiming reticule but I didn't fire.

I was saving it for harder enemies. Then I started looking at the achievement list and saw the one gun achievement.

I didn't fire it, I used melee attacks with my cutter, used kinesis and stasis on enemies, and curb stomped.

At the end of my first run I got the achievement.

It looks like as long as you don't fire the weapons you'll be okay.

What about if you saved and then shot with another weapon and when you unlocked the achievement for that weapon you reloaded the save? That should still count as a Plasma Cutter only right?

I already have the achievement, but I got it on my first run. My friend is wondering if you can get it on a second run, where you start with all of your credits and upgrades from the last game you played with the aforementioned bonuses.

He wants to try and get the max all weapons and 'one gun' at the same time, which is why I'm asking.

Thanks.

Just incase you don't know the answer still, you can get the one gun achievement with the max all weapons achievement on your second run when you start out with all your upgrades etc. I just went for the same two achievements your friend wants to do and unlocked both. Just make sure not to fire any other gun other than the plasma cutter.

What I did was just carry the plasma cutter and then whatever other gun I was upgrading at the time. Once a gun was fully upgraded I just swapped out the next gun I wanted. This way, I got more ammo for the plasma cutter.

Just incase you don't know the answer still, you can get the one gun achievement with the max all weapons achievement on your second run when you start out with all your upgrades etc. I just went for the same two achievements your friend wants to do and unlocked both. Just make sure not to fire any other gun other than the plasma cutter.

What I did was just carry the plasma cutter and then whatever other gun I was upgrading at the time. Once a gun was fully upgraded I just swapped out the next gun I wanted. This way, I got more ammo for the plasma cutter.

thanks for clearing that up, i'm in the same position as you and Dude Rain's friend going for Maxed Out and One Gun on a Cleared Game save. glad to hear you start off fresh the second time.

i also never thought of carrying just 2 guns at a time. i keep getting ammo i don't need. but on the other hand, i find selling it a great way to buy lots of power nodes quickly. every time i walk by a store, i sell all ammo other than plasma energy and buy some nodes while i'm at it. i find carrying 4 guns a surefire way to get stuff to sell. i guess your way, you could sell off excess plasma energy, but it doesn't go for as much as other ammo types.

i also never thought of carrying just 2 guns at a time. i keep getting ammo i don't need. but on the other hand, i find selling it a great way to buy lots of power nodes quickly. every time i walk by a store, i sell all ammo other than plasma energy and buy some nodes while i'm at it. i find carrying 4 guns a surefire way to get stuff to sell. i guess your way, you could sell off excess plasma energy, but it doesn't go for as much as other ammo types.

You're welcome Dude Rain. That's a good point about making money. If you want to make money quickly, you could just carry around the contact beam as each piece of ammo is worth 1000 credits. I'm not sure if its the most valuable out of all the ammo in the game but it's definetly gotta be up there. The plasma energy ammo is nowhere near as valuable as contact beam ammo is in terms of credits.

Best thing to do is start on Easy, never pick up another weapon, just use the Plasma Cutter. Then you won't have to worry about accidentally using other guns and all the ammo you find should be plasma ammo. I've found that certain types of ammo never show up until you buy the gun. I used the flamethrower for a little bit and only found one can of fuel for it, I put the flamethrower in storage and haven't seen a can of fuel yet. So ammo doesn't seem to spawn for weapons you don't have on you, making it easier to have enough ammo to get through the game with one gun.