Porsche Expansion Pack

I'm loving the 997 GT2, mostly because of the sound it makes but it handles well also. To anyone who has bought it, is it possible to upgrade the #17 962c to a PI of 998. I tried the point to point event on the Nurburgring against the same car rated as 998 but i can't upgrade past 962 (i think)

No the 962 is limited to somewhere mid 900. I thought around 940ish.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My impression after a few minutes:

First thing I did, buy the 944, skin it, upgrade it to B 500. Gosh is it still a marvel to drive!

Then the achievements... Boring boring boring.

At least, the GT2 RS is a decent surprise. I might buy it.

The 911 Turbo is an understeering pig with a huge turbo lag. Excactly what I hate.

The 1973 911 RS is sort of funny when you see it taking as much angle as a bike.

The Flying Lizard? Meh. And very slippery.

Now, back to the event list (944 here I come!).

Next, fine tuning the 944 for Maple Valley (SatNite, I might need your magic when it comes to springs).

I absolutely love the 2007 911 Turbo. Not sure if thats the model you hate. Maybe you need my tune for that lol. Out of all the production cars its the 2007 911 Turbo that has the most wow factor for me but it is probably the tune I spent most time on.

It sounds awesome and accelerates like a rocket.

Jean Rob I can't remember what class my 944 is. I am calculating my own spring settings now based on weight given my spreadsheet will not be updated for Porsches.

With the 944 given I have set a few personal leaderboard times I think my calcs are pretty good for it. The 911 based cars are causing me more grief.

No the 962 is limited to somewhere mid 900. I thought around 940ish.

Yeah i can't remember the exact number i reached (mid 900 sounds right) but it's annoying because the same car driven by the AI is set at 998. I'm not sure if the car is actually running at this PI or if it's just a cosmetic thing on screen. I decided to race with the #7 instead.

Yeah i can't remember the exact number i reached (mid 900 sounds right) but it's annoying because the same car driven by the AI is set at 998. I'm not sure if the car is actually running at this PI or if it's just a cosmetic thing on screen. I decided to race with the #7 instead.

I believe they run at 998. Its a way of evening the field so to speak.

I will run the 962 in career mode because I will use the Penske for hotlapping to see if any of my previous times are vulnerable.

I will use the Dyson in X class.

I absolutely love the 2007 911 Turbo. Not sure if thats the model you hate.

That's the one.

With the stock set-up I loathe it.

It's too heavy, too sluggish and understeers more than an Audi.

Maybe you need my tune for that.

I'm sure that with a correct tune it could be a good car, but there's a lot to work on.

As for the tune you sent me, I still haven't had the time to try it. I'll keep you updated ;)

Thoughts so far.

The 914/6 is AMAZING. absolutely sublime handling. The 911 Turbo 3.3 is very balanced and has an awesome chassis but it understeers. The 944 Turbo also understeers. The Cayenne wipes the floor with all the other trucks but you just can't hide all that weight in the corners. The 996 GT3 is pretty damn good but it has a hint of understeer. The Cayman R is a dream, it swings the tail out a bit more than I'd want but it's a godsend after all the understeer from the others.

I'm thinking understeer is going to be a recurring theme here. Probably going to need tunes to fix that.

My 944 does not understeer lol. I think about a third of my Porsches no longer understeer. I now have the opposite problem.

The 914 is a pleasant surprise. I think for some it will be better than the 550 although I am starting to smash out some good times in the 550 rivals event.

When I am happy with my tunes I will put them up for free and post here. So far only my 944 is up on storefront. Cayman will be next probably followed by the Sport Classic.

Thankfully I found an open tune on the official forums that has a few tweaks in it that seem to work on most of the Porsche pack - surprise, surprise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...