Is Japan really easier with DLC?

bLaKgRaVy

Has anyone who had not previously unlocked the "Going for Gold" achievement because Japan is such a pain in the ass now have it unlocked since downloading the DLC? I'm just wondering how much easier it is since they say they made Japan levels easier.

From xbox.com:

"Winner of the Unlock Xbox competition and with over 3.5 million worldwide downloads, Doritos Crash Course returns with new level pack featuring 10 new courses filled with unique challenges and puzzles. Bounce above the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas and sprint through the historic sights of London to prove once more, who is the fastest in the world’s leaderboards. As well as new achievements for even more gamerscore, we also include new versions of the Japan levels so you get even more chance to unlock all the achievements. We’d like to thank you, the community, for helping make Doritos Crash Course into an XBLA phenomenon."

It's been 2 years since I played the game, but I remember, for certain, that Japan was a huge pain in the ass, and the reason that a lot of people did not complete all the achievements in the game.

It's hard to compare to what they are now, as nobody has really played recently enough to keep their skills and see if there is a difference.

So, I'm no help to your question other than letting you know that they were at one point very difficult.

Unfortunately, I already had this beforehand. I recall it being the biggest pain in the ass, next to things like Super Meat Boy's The Kid and RE5's Professional Desperate Escape Solo, for me.

I played the Japan Easy and was still having a hard time, but I'm also very rusty. 2 years is a long time and I haven't played since I got that achievement.

I unlocked the online achievements today, after the update but before the achievements went live, so I know the UPDATE didn't kill the achievements, but dunno.

sad that people complained that they couldn't do the original japan levels like I did back last year, keep at it and practice, the japan achievements are now tainted for everyone who had to use the easy version and if you don't get the achievements doing the easy version, then well that is just sad

sad that people complained that they couldn't do the original japan levels like I did back last year, keep at it and practice, the japan achievements are now tainted for everyone who had to use the easy version and if you don't get the achievements doing the easy version, then well that is just sad

Nothing sad about the achievement not unlocking, it's glitched and has nothing to do with people not being able to get gold. If you download the DLC at all you are screwed.

Also, someone on TA emailed the dev and got this reply. let's hope they are fixing it!

I'm sorry you're experiencing some problems. We're working diligently to resolve those problems and hope to release a patch soon.

Best,

Rich

Behaviour

Richard Leibowitz

SVP, Business Development

T: 514.448.2202 (MTL)

T: 310.274.7040 (LA)

C: 310.980.6426

bhvr.com

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this article was recently written? If so, that's a bunch of bullshit. The first comment on the page has it right. It's false advertising. They stated when it was released that they were including easier Japan levels so you could unlock the achievements easier, and now they say that you need to play them on the original setting to unlock them. I was gonna wait until they fixed this so it was achievable, but now I'm definitely not getting this. Fuck 'em. They don't have my support.

Does anyone know if this article was recently written? If so, that's a bunch of bullshit. The first comment on the page has it right. It's false advertising. They stated when it was released that they were including easier Japan levels so you could unlock the achievements easier, and now they say that you need to play them on the original setting to unlock them. I was gonna wait until they fixed this so it was achievable, but now I'm definitely not getting this. Fuck 'em. They don't have my support.

Posted Jan 31st 2013, 9:50 am pt | by: XBLA_Vulcan

And I hate when devs push glitched off on the customers doing something wrong. The achievements are glitched even when playing normally

• 3 weeks later...
Nothing sad about the achievement not unlocking, it's glitched and has nothing to do with people not being able to get gold. If you download the DLC at all you are screwed.

Also, someone on TA emailed the dev and got this reply. let's hope they are fixing it!

I also emailed them. I'll let you guys know when I get a reply.

• 7 months later...