Games you've tried to hard to like, but don't.

Seraph Xii

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Resident Evil series, Dead Rising series, Bioshock, NASCAR, Medal of Honor, Batman series, Test Drive U2, NFS Shift, Crackdown 2.

Some of these games, mostly the racers are games I was looking forward to and persisted at them but couldn't get into them, others are big games I've tried to get into such as Batman, Bioshock etc. but hate them. :p

Assault Heroes 2

Bulletstorm

Brutal Legend

Castlevania: Harmony Of Despair

Condemned 2

Crackdown

Dead Island (only the coop, I liked the single player)

Dead Rising 2

Fable 3

Grand Theft Auto 4

Halo

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

Singularity

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time Re-Shelled

The Witcher 2

Uhh, there's a few for me.

• Condemned 2: Bloodshot
  • Fallout 3
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Resident Evil 5
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Funny thing is…I still completed all these games (minus Condemned because of RROD). Still, Oblivion didn't age well and I played it in 2013. RE5 was just "meh" for me and Red Dead Redemption was the equivalent of watching wet paint dry. Lastly, Fallout 3 was utterly insipid compared to New Vegas.

I found I didn't like Final Fantasy XIII as much as I thought. The characters were badly written and poorly voiced, and the story I felt was not very compelling. The combat was cool, and the graphics were great, but I just wasn't really as into it as other recent RPG's. I felt the same way about FF X as well, when it came out back on the day. I've loved all the other games in the series(except FF X-2), but those ones just didn't pull me in to the game world and get me involved with the characters like the others had.

Halo: I don't dislike it to be honest, Anniversary was really fun to play. 3 and Reach had frustrating campaigns, but overall they were fun. On the other hand Halo 4 is terrible (IMO). But other than that, Halo games mean nothing more to me. I never cared about the plot, for example, or the characters.

Other games:

Assassin's Creed

GoldenEye Reloaded

Far Cry 2 for me, it just seemed so boring... the HUD, the scenery, the characters. It came with a very passionate recommendation from a friend and i eventually had to admit i did about 5 hours and decided it could be traded back in.

Halo 3 i got a 4 levels in and just lost the will to play. As an introduction to the series it seriously put me off, although I have since been told it's sacrilege i played it first of all the Halo games (I was mainly a PS2 player before 360).

Bayonetta

BRINK (because the idea was so promising but it failed miserably imo)

need for speed: Rivals (i just want underground 3)

Assassins Creed IV (i feel like im going to hell because im saying that i didnt like it because every AC game before rocked my world but i wasnt a big fan of the naval battles in AC3 but i still had to try this out because it was AC but i just couldnt get into it.)

The Witcher 2

Dishonored

Far Cry 2 for me, it just seemed so boring... the HUD, the scenery, the characters. It came with a very passionate recommendation from a friend and i eventually had to admit i did about 5 hours and decided it could be traded back in.

Halo 3 i got a 4 levels in and just lost the will to play. As an introduction to the series it seriously put me off, although I have since been told it's sacrilege i played it first of all the Halo games (I was mainly a PS2 player before 360).

LOL :p Starting off with the third installment of a story-heavy, sci-fi series will most definitely put you off.

BioShock and BioShock Infinite. I didn't find anything amazing about the first game, so I skipped game number 2, and was going to skip Infinite as well. After hearing tons of people claim Infinite was so amazing, I decided to give the series another try when the game was on sale. Again, I was unimpressed. They aren't terrible games, but I don't see myself ever playing them again (except to get the DLC achievements in Infinite whenever the Season Pass goes on sale).

Fable 2: I tried, how I tried. The play control was maddening.

Far Cry 2: The game glitched on me so early on in the story I couldn't even progress to the boring part.

Condemned: Story aside, which was interesting. But like Fable 2 the play control drove me batshit crazy.

Edited by Opiate42

I'd have to say the Halo series. I don't hate them, but they're kind of 'meh' to me. Maybe because I don't dig the multi-player very much and the story is kind of stupid? Back in the day I played Final Fantasy 7 and hated it. I don't see why people love those Final Fantasy games. Convoluted story telling, weird combat systems, characters that look like they stepped out of a hair gel commercial, and the list goes on. No thanks.

I'd have to say the Halo series. I don't hate them, but they're kind of 'meh' to me. Maybe because I don't dig the multi-player very much and the story is kind of stupid? Back in the day I played Final Fantasy 7 and hated it. I don't see why people love those Final Fantasy games. Convoluted story telling, weird combat systems, characters that look like they stepped out of a hair gel commercial, and the list goes on. No thanks.

How did I forget about Halo?! I've tried. I played most of them, but it's not living up to it's hype imo.