ME3 DLC leaked on Marketplace!

Tyrantus

Seems like Xbox.com have been making some boo boos again recently :rolleyes:

They accidentally uploaded the "From Ashes" DLC to the marketplace, previously unveiled although now people are speculating that it is the DLC that comes with the Collector's edition.

Stop reading now if you don't want to ruin it for yourself!

[spoiler=me3spoiler]

It includes a new Prothean character seen here:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i416/pilgrimagetopublished/image2_1329863623.jpg

More info: http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/121/1219156p1.html

Edited by Tyrantus

Somebody at Microsoft hates Mass Effect and anyone who is involved with the game. Second leak in many months, two major leaks which have spoiled a lot of things for those who have been waiting for the games release.

I wonder if anyone actually got to download it. Not like they can do anything with it, but it's a shame that Microsoft can make such a mistake, twice, for the one game.

Even if I could have, I wouldn't have downloaded it purely because if it is included in the Collector's edition I don't want to be paying for twice in a sense.

At least it's only going to be 800msp, lately it seems games are jacking up all their dlc to 1200 msp.

Even if I could have, I wouldn't have downloaded it purely because if it is included in the Collector's edition I don't want to be paying for twice in a sense.

At least it's only going to be 800msp, lately it seems games are jacking up all their dlc to 1200 msp.

I'm guessing that's because 1200 msp content still sells regardless. I wish people would take a stance against that.

I'm guessing that's because 1200 msp content still sells regardless. I wish people would take a stance against that.

Yeah I don't buy it if it's over 800msp but I'm the only person I know that bothers. I had to wait until last week to get the Deus Ex DLC because I refused to pay 1200, it's ridiculous.

Exactly, unless your having a major expansion like Oblivion, Dragon Age and others, don't do anything more than 800. Tuff times for people, but people still buy the shit all the time. Pretty much why I hate for DOTW because I'm not overpaying for something that will come at a cheaper price in time.

um i may be crazy, but from my many playthroughs of me1, i gathered that 1)protheans had a human head with like tentacles sticking out of their faces or something and 2)they enjoyed sitting down and looking at their feet.

this dude just looks like a skinny collector. can anyone explain?

*SPOILERS TO ANYONE THAT HASNT PLAYED 2*

The collectors were just the Protheans that had been indoctrinated / husked (idk what you want to call it...) by the reapers. It could be highly likely that if this is infact not what the Protheans looked like in real life, that this is the form of a Prothean that escaped the hold of the reapers / left the collectors.

Or, maybe the statues from ME1 showed more ancient protheans or an older form of prothean. Just remember that you dont actually see any Protheans alive in ME1, its just statues and glimpses in a weird vision

except we have seen protheans before. especially in me1. during the flashbacks and the statues on ilos.

edit: @giptuc yeah i guess that could work, or maybe the ones with tentacles were females or something. i'm sure it'll be explained, i was just a bit intrigued..

Edited by superdupergizmo

*SPOILERS TO ANYONE THAT HASNT PLAYED 2*

The collectors were just the Protheans that had been indoctrinated / husked (idk what you want to call it...) by the reapers. It could be highly likely that if this is infact not what the Protheans looked like in real life, that this is the form of a Prothean that escaped the hold of the reapers / left the collectors.

Or, maybe the statues from ME1 showed more ancient protheans or an older form of prothean. Just remember that you dont actually see any Protheans alive in ME1, its just statues and glimpses in a weird vision

From the mass effect wiki: After several cloned generations, most likely during the centuries of Reaper genocide against the Protheans, the Reapers eventually decided to genetically rewrite these Protheans. These captives were transformed into an entirely new race which cooperated with the Reapers and would eventually be known to the citizens of the galaxy as the Collectors.

So given what this new squad member looks like, he's technically an "unindoctrinated" collector and not a prothean? my guess at least.

EDIT!: YET AGAIN, from the mass effect wiki, if it is to be trusted: "One member of the Prothean race managed to survive the Reaper culling, and has been in stasis for 50,000 years. After coming out of stasis, he joins up with Commander Shepard to stop the Reapers." so wtf is he, a prothean or a collector? why would a collector have gone into stasis? it specifically says prothean race so did he morph into a collector? srsly wtf.

i'm too stupid and tired to understand any of this. i'm going to bed..

Edited by superdupergizmo

I plan on doing a playthrough without any dlc first...also i think 800 points just for a char is a bit much. Oh on WWE 12 they had 3 chars for 800 points not to mention some other stuff.

I can't believe you just compared WWE 12 to Mass Effect. Gtfo...

Speaking of online codes. I assume since it's EA and BioWare they will do a MP access code but not a Cerberus network like in ME2?

I can't believe you just compared WWE 12 to Mass Effect. Gtfo...

Speaking of online codes. I assume since it's EA and BioWare they will do a MP access code but not a Cerberus network like in ME2?

I'm not comparing them you idiot...i was talking how they price dlc with content...duh. If you must know there is no way possible u can compare them & i think if there is only 1 char in the dlc it should be priced at 80 - 100 points.

From the mass effect wiki: After several cloned generations, most likely during the centuries of Reaper genocide against the Protheans, the Reapers eventually decided to genetically rewrite these Protheans. These captives were transformed into an entirely new race which cooperated with the Reapers and would eventually be known to the citizens of the galaxy as the Collectors.

So given what this new squad member looks like, he's technically an "unindoctrinated" collector and not a prothean? my guess at least.

EDIT!: YET AGAIN, from the mass effect wiki, if it is to be trusted: "One member of the Prothean race managed to survive the Reaper culling, and has been in stasis for 50,000 years. After coming out of stasis, he joins up with Commander Shepard to stop the Reapers." so wtf is he, a prothean or a collector? why would a collector have gone into stasis? it specifically says prothean race so did he morph into a collector? srsly wtf.

i'm too stupid and tired to understand any of this. i'm going to bed..

It could be that the Protheans were genetically rewritten without their physical appearance changing very much. He most likely won't have wings and from the picture it seems that he isn't as bulky as a Collector. Perhaps the Collectors aren't very different in appearance, but in their actual physiology they may be so different that they are indeed a new race.

As for the statues with Cthulhu Husk looking things, it may be some sort of Prothean religious figure. Perhaps those creatures were the race that preceded the Protheans? And maybe the race before them were onto the Reapers as well and either created the ruins on Ilos or the Protheans built statues in their honor.

I briefly entertained myself with the idea that the reason humanity is able to defeat the massively overwhelming odds of the Reapers is because of the combined efforts of the Protheans and multiple generations before them that discovered the Reapers before the invasion and over hundreds of thousands of years developed some sort of system to defeat the Reapers once and for all.

I briefly entertained myself with the idea that the reason humanity is able to defeat the massively overwhelming odds of the Reapers is because of the combined efforts of the Protheans and multiple generations before them that discovered the Reapers before the invasion and over hundreds of thousands of years developed some sort of system to defeat the Reapers once and for all.

More Spoilers and shit...

I thought this WAS the reason?

Its explained in Mass Effect 2 that the Citadel was created specifically by the reapers as well as the Mass Relays in order to unite all the different species across the galaxy and bring them into one area, the Protheans merely came across it first and it was put down as a bit of Prothean technology that was discovered by the other races.

The Protheans definitely discovered the existence of the reapers before the attack, which suggests that there was something left over by the previous race before then that left the information needed to help the Protheans escape (Ilos... but the power and everything was failing so they had to sacrifice the lives of the Protheans in order to save the information. You have to believe from that that if the Protheans were able to survive that, they would have joined up with humanity in order to help them and the other races.

Isnt it also said in Mass Effect 1 from the little ball things you find on the random planets that humans we're (for lack of a better word) 'created' by the Protheans and then constantly monitored on earth? This could suggest that the Protheans 'created' humanity using the information that they had as the perfect race to defeat the reapers... cause lets face it, Shepard can pretty much kick every races' ass in the Galaxy with no sweat... He headbutts a Krogan for christ sake hahaha

*all of this is stuff i remember, and i havnt done any other research regarding the subject... so alot of it could possibly be wrong*