Mission 6-1 Curse Of The Dark Help

Geoff66

Assuming you made it to 6:30 in the video, I think I beat it like this...

Take out 1 of the high up mages with whatever you got; I used Lightning strike. Timing is essential so once you kill the peons, count how long it takes before they respawn; use that time for charge lightning again and post it ON the Dark Knight.

Let your helpers get rid of the peons; you concentrate on DK and just bash when he is still dazed from the lightning. Block won't really help, tbh so just move in and out avoiding the usual peons.

Think it only took me 2 tries to finish this level with items ranging from lvl 4 to lvl 6.

• 2 months later...

Well fuck this game. I tried this mission earlier at level 27 and got flattened. I came back later at level 33 with much better equipment and got flattened. I think the enemies just level up to you.

The main thing that keeps wasting my lives is how all the enemies' weapons have KO Effect on. Too many times, just one simple pawn will kill the shit out of me by knocking me out every time he swings.

Well fuck this game. I tried this mission earlier at level 27 and got flattened. I came back later at level 33 with much better equipment and got flattened. I think the enemies just level up to you.

The main thing that keeps wasting my lives is how all the enemies' weapons have KO Effect on. Too many times, just one simple pawn will kill the shit out of me by knocking me out every time he swings.

If you have a cleric dispel is your friend It will remove the ko effect off their weapons. Made the level nice and easy.

Edit- also when you reach the end don't go near the Marshal. Instead skirt around left side of the map toward the ballista build it up. Whether you or the AI gets on it will kill the Marshal without a fight. Then just walk up to get the cut scene of him attacking and get an auto win.

Edited by ImpendIn_Agony

I completed this at about lvl.30 but I have spent about $240 on this game (I tend to spend on free to play games). I used my warrior who had a KO effect weapon on everyone. I basically blocked and attacked. But if you don't spend money like i do then i would suggest using a cleric to keep your CPUs alive (Resurrect, Heal, and Sacred Armour); if using a cleric try not to rush seeing as you can only block or attack, somewhat the same with mage. The Undead Boss can be a pain seeing as he revives everyone but if you go for him right off the bat and kill him quick you should be in the clear. The Black Knight can be easy with teamates because they can be distractions so you can run around back and attack. And as for the Marshall you can use a mage's team skill to kill him or use a warrior with good block and attack to attack all of his clerics and him at once (You need good block, I had about 1100guard and 1000magic guard). Hopefully this helps.

Seriously? FUCK this game. I want to punch these devs in the face. I swear this mission gets harder as you level up. Now I'm dying instantly on the first group of enemies-- what the hell?

Edit: all I had to do was bitch loud enough-- finally beat it.

I seriously struggled with this one too but didn't pipe up before as i got through by persistence and luck, which really isn't advice you want to hear when trying this level!!

Weirdly enough as soon as i got past the 3rd tower it was a piece of cake, although i must have done the first part of the level at least 20 times before i got a breakthrough.

Very frustrating AI.

Usually when something like this is pissing me off, all I have to do is bitch and curse a lot and make an idiot of myself, and then I beat it.

I had to switch classes a few times; finally realized I could just run past the General, ran straight through the Undead's guys and kicked him off the cliff, ran around as a cleric healing and resurrecting my guys while they killed off the Knight, then used ImpendinAgony's suggestion to kill the Marshall.

I had trouble with this the first couple of tries. Destroying the first 2 towers wasn't difficult but I had the most trouble with the third one.

I used the mage weapon you get in the story with wind enchantment.

Getting to the middle tower (No 3) is easy. No 3 & 5 can be tough but my advice is to destroy the towers as soon as possible. You don't need to build the entire tower, just destroy it so the warriors won't spawn. Just don't rush in blindly make sure it's safe enough.

At the third tower fight your way to the tower use a lighting strike once when they spawn then destroy the tower and destroy the tower before killing the rest of the enemies. Build tower 3 & 4 when done, then proceed to tower 5. I did this by letting the warriors and the dark knight follow me a then cast a lighting strike in front of me to kill a lot of people. You can kill the mages while your at it.

When it's safe enough destroy the tower. it doesn't matter if you die once as long as they can't spawn your safe. clear out the rest of the enemies and proceed to the marshall. Here all you have to do is kill all his minions then team up with your AIs to kill the marshall. (Or use ImpendinAgony's way)

This is how I did it. On the 3rd try.

Edited by smashingrascal

Usually when something like this is pissing me off, all I have to do is bitch and curse a lot and make an idiot of myself, and then I beat it.

I had to switch classes a few times; finally realized I could just run past the General, ran straight through the Undead's guys and kicked him off the cliff, ran around as a cleric healing and resurrecting my guys while they killed off the Knight, then used ImpendinAgony's suggestion to kill the Marshall.

I don't know how much more of this BS i can take. id honestly like to finish this garbage so i never have to play it again.

Edit: finally done, good grief.

Edited by Annalie

See what I mean? :p

I actually mashed up my Cosmic Wand as material somewhere back there, without realizing what it was.. oh well.

Yea i understand, it always happens when we cuss. like my grandma used to say "the devil is strong like that." to many times ive lost of misplaced something and got mad and swore and found the very thing i was looking for right after.:p

i must have restarted 28 times before finally posting.

Edited by Annalie

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...