Achievement Guide & Road Map

JaxTH

I just completed the game. I noticed that everyone seems to bring up online games for the I Love Tails Achievement. I just got it with nobody else playing. Here's my strategy:

* Log a second controller in and start a local co-op game

* Select Special Stage 1

* Select Tails

* Repeat 49 more times.

It unlocked the 51st game I completed as Tails, but I assume I miscounted at some point.

I did the same thing. And it also took more then 50 for me as well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you earn beat first stage under a min and get all rings in special zone 1 in co-op? If so, anyone want to co-op for those two?

gt: Chaos Lawyer

I guess it's possible. But you both have to know what you are doing and the secondary player needs to not be in that "float behind you state" for the Tag Attacks to work.

After I delivered the 5th hit i had about 70 something rings. for hits 6-8 as soon as i was dropped i would turn Super and get into the middle ring along with him then fly combo with Tails, jump off and hit him. Obviously for the last hit i just turned Super and hit him after you tag team the shield down.

It's tedious, especially with the rings rotating and changing directions. you might mess up and lose all your rings. Good luck.

I definitely agree with the tactics outlined here, but I would also suggest that before you even make it to the boss battle area, backtrack down every possible path and jump over certain springs in order to find a couple more rings (you can get 66 rings from the section before Eggman alone) and a Green Shield to allow you to take an additional hit outside of Super Sonic to make things a little easier.

There's a total of 90 rings that you can obtain (66 from the first section, and 24 rotating around Eggman), and obtaining as many as possible gives you a little more leeway with the Super Sonic->cancel with Tag Combo trick. Just make sure you've cancelled out of Super Sonic before the animation occurs with the lasers and rotating discs, as that will chew up around 10-15 of your rings while you wait for it to end.

Edited by ashuraMGS2Sub
More information

Managed it this morning, I was a great big idiot and didn't pick up the shield and the extra rings since I was just speeding through the level and started the boss with 44 rings. That'll teach me to speed through the level. Thanks for the tips!

Anyway, all I need is 10 more (hopefully) Tails runs and I should be done, although my copy of Max Payne 3 has arrived so now I'm torn.

Someone was saying you can retry special stages if you fail to meet the ring requirements - how? It just ends and I have to replay a normal level again before I can get a retry, oldskool style. I'm playing in co-op and I'm struggling on the 6th bonus level.

Someone was saying you can retry special stages if you fail to meet the ring requirements - how? It just ends and I have to replay a normal level again before I can get a retry, oldskool style. I'm playing in co-op and I'm struggling on the 6th bonus level.

You must press start before you get to the end.

Funny thing is the only hard boss to do for the Golden wave is the 1st one.

As all the others give you more than 50 rings.

Great guide though ! Finished the game this morning without a guide I think 5/10 is a bit much but I am very able to the game.

The Endurance Race is really pissing me off. There should be 2 options at the end of each track either quit to menu, or continue to the next. I sometimes forget to press Y and within a couple of seconds it f***s off back to the menu.

So here's a weird possible tip for Ring Collector. If you're having trouble getting all 33 rings near the end of phase 2, here's a simple way to handle that. Play local co-op. Select Tails. Get every ring to that point. Sonic will land PERFECTLY to get the 3 10 ring sets. Grab the three rings. Should get 215 every time. Rest is up to you to get centered and grab all the other rings.

Weird, but it works.

I'm not able to do the rolling move, I can jump and press X and fly, but if I stand there and press X nothing happens, tried runnign and rolling but nothing!

Edit:

Nevermind, got it on act 3 when it shows you, must unlock then.

So can anyone else confirm this? I first started playing the game in Co-Op and me and my friend did it automatically.

Of course this could mean that he got to Act 3 before I started playing however...

So can anyone else confirm this? I first started playing the game in Co-Op and me and my friend did it automatically.

Of course this could mean that he got to Act 3 before I started playing however...

Yeah in single player you have to get to Act 2 before being able to do Team Move swim and Act 3 for the rolling Team Move.