Hardcore Mode

ReD sAtAnIcUs

The only achievement for SOR2 that is going to be a bitch to get is the 800,000 points in Hardcore. That means playing on Hard mode, with 1 life to start, and you'll basically have to make it to the end of the game without continuing. The rest are manageable. The only other achievement that requires Hardcore settings is Kill Jet and honestly if you can't make it to the end of Stage 2 without using all your continues, you need help.

It's not really THAT bad..

I'm on stage 6 with about 650k something and I did it with Max. Took forever cuz the motherlover is slow but I am up there with about 11 lives.

Key is to save constantly and get thru parts without losing much energy. I've reloaded saves dozens of times till I got it right.

By Sunday, I will have this achievement done :)

• 4 weeks later...

I can't do the 800000 on Hardcore. I just can't seem to get past all the Muay Tai fighters with more than one life and a bit of health. I got past it with just one life and half my health left then I saw that the next part was a fire breather and a knife thrower and a bunch of others. I gave up knowing there was no way and tried to get a good run on the previously mentioned area.

Edit:

Alright just a warning, on my game I got 8 thou and I didn't know if my game glitched or what but I had just reloaded my game and I got the Achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

Half-way through now and almost at 400k. The secret to getting this Achievement is to keep saving a LOT and keep re-loading your save if you don't do particularly well on a certain part.

I've reloaded about 50 times already :p