Veteran would be easy if...

rocknrolla666

ok so i have done WAW1000gs and MW1000gs on veteran, so i decided to go back and buy C.O.D 2, my 1st impression where not to difficult, but after a while levels such as D-Day you start to think i'm doing W.W2 all by myself the A.I is awful, plus when ever i find the cover i need the A.I decides to camp next to you so u cant move if frags are thrown, no question ill finish this soon as im half way up hill 400, not challenging all i may add this level, apart from the A.I stealing my cover that is! verdict = WAW hardest, then CoD2 because of the A.I being rubbish then MW!

ya i just finished mw and waw, i'm not at hill 400 yet but i can see its gonna be a frag fest like waw. Does anyone know how cod3 is on veteran?

There are a lot of mixed opinions about CoD3. Some people thought it was the hardest one but others think it is the easiest. In my opinion, there were only a couple hard parts but the majority was very easy. The AI does more in this game than any other CoD game and the hard parts are when you are alone or with only one other guy.

ya i just finished mw and waw, i'm not at hill 400 yet but i can see its gonna be a frag fest like waw. Does anyone know how cod3 is on veteran?

i found CoD3 the hardest it's the only one i havn't been able to do, i gave up in the forest

i found this the easiest CoD by quite a long way and i found hill 400 one of the easier misions

just make sure when your on your way up hill 400 you pick up the sniper rifle, you'll need it when you get to the top

this veteran was easier than hardened on WaW imo

silo was hell, and tiger was pretty brutal in places, other than that it has it's troublesome moments but nothing that will give you sleepless nights

I completely agree. I was actually just talking with my friend about this today, the higher the difficulty, the more intelligent the A.I. should get. If you're playing on recruit, it should make you do more work so that you can get better at the game, but if you're playing on Veteran, trying to do a whole level with more-than-mentally challenged A.I. is insanely hard. I can't tell you how many times I've been running for cover, only to have my A.I. run right past a German thats shooting at me. The only A.I. that are semi-good are your commanders and ones that can't die. (Captain Price, Private McGreggor(sp?) )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ok so i have done WAW1000gs and MW1000gs on veteran, so i decided to go back and buy C.O.D 2, my 1st impression where not to difficult, but after a while levels such as D-Day you start to think i'm doing W.W2 all by myself the A.I is awful, plus when ever i find the cover i need the A.I decides to camp next to you so u cant move if frags are thrown, no question ill finish this soon as im half way up hill 400, not challenging all i may add this level, apart from the A.I stealing my cover that is! verdict = WAW hardest, then CoD2 because of the A.I being rubbish then MW!

well at first i thought this game was hard but after attempting veteran on waw i decided to play this i cant compare how much easier. well thats my opinion

Veteran would be easy if...

You could bloody run!

Haha that made me laugh. I'm half way through the second part of the D-Day mission, and that's the last one I have to do to finish the game on Veteran, and also beat it for the first time... It's definitely hard without sprinting and horrible AI. This D-Day mission is stopping me from getting 410 GS for the game.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

The game wouldn't really be that hard on veteran mode, if your teampartners wouldn't turn into dumb-bots from time to time. Sometimes they decide to become as useful as a rubber duck in combat. :mad: They don't provide cover, and just let enemy soldiers pass, so you get shot in the back. Or even better: They run infront of you during combat, forcing you to restart at the last checkpoint for killing a friendly. This is especially nice, if you already started back at that checkpoint 5 times...

Infinite enemy spawn is a bitch, too, but it would be easier to manage with helpfull comrades.

So far I had no real problems, except with "The Silo", which I was forced to finish only on hardened for now. Will get back to it later. Hopefully the rest won't be as hard :confused:

All in all it's a pretty damn good game, especially considering its release date! Off to kill some more Nazi bastards! :uzi:;)