How's the co-op?

Getting kinda interested in this game, but I wonder if anybody who's played it can tell me what the co-op is like.

I'm looking for a good co-op game to play with my girlfriend who isn't THAT into gaming. She loves Castle Crashers and enjoyed Braid too, but she's not really a hardcore gamer as such. Is the co-op "tacked on" in Epic Mickey, or does it serve a purpose? I don't really like games where the second player is essentially doing fuckall and just hanging around when player 1 beats the game (thankfully though I think those games are getting rarer these days), so if it's like that I probably won't be interested in this title. But if it's well-done and fun, I might be very interested...

So.. anyone got experience to share? Opinions?

Getting kinda interested in this game, but I wonder if anybody who's played it can tell me what the co-op is like.

I'm looking for a good co-op game to play with my girlfriend who isn't THAT into gaming. She loves Castle Crashers and enjoyed Braid too, but she's not really a hardcore gamer as such. Is the co-op "tacked on" in Epic Mickey, or does it serve a purpose? I don't really like games where the second player is essentially doing fuckall and just hanging around when player 1 beats the game (thankfully though I think those games are getting rarer these days), so if it's like that I probably won't be interested in this title. But if it's well-done and fun, I might be very interested...

So.. anyone got experience to share? Opinions?

Coop is not bad. Game is not great or good. It's medicore and biggest letdown Epic Mickey series. Wii version were good but now 2nd series turn out to be medicore. Stick to Castle Crashers or get other great games with coop. This one is not good. :)

My opinion Epic Mickey 2 is only achievements for me. If you want achievements too then get it anyway. :)

It´s terrible, in my opnion. To start, it´s split screen. The players can only go to other areas or enter a house when they are close to each other. It is better when you need revive, or some oswald gadgets, ´cause the AI is really dumb sometimes.

But it is a great game in my opnion, lot´s of collectables and side missions.