Brass Balls Achievement......need help!!!!

Brkenintntionz

Ok I am alittle pissed off right now. I had 7 hours going for this achievement alone. I turned off Vita Chambers at the beginning of the game. And made sure it was on HARD setting. I completed the game and NOTHING.

I admit I died alot. But I would always end up back at the main menu after those deaths. I admit I didn't harvest/Save all Little Sisters. I admit I didn't complete all diaries, Full Research Pictures, weapon upgrades, and/or tonics. So are any of those needed for this achievement? Am I missing something here? I am seriously pissed. Anyone who can help, it will be greatly appreciated!!!

I went back and saved some little sisters (still not all of them). Went back to defeat Atlas and still nothing. Wow I am so frustrated right now.

Too bad you did not get the achievement.

I would like to point out that you are not supposed to use the vita chambers. One way to achieve this is to turn off the vita chambers. But you probably already knew all this.

So, are you sure you did not pop out of a vita chamber during all your playing of the game?

Best Regards,

Theo Boots.

Yeah I am definitely sure. Because when ever I died I would go back to the main menu. Then from there I either clicked on Load and/or Continue. And I would pop up where I had saved.

Does going near or seeing a Vita-Chamber affect the achievement? Because I know I did go near a vita-chamber but not inside or used one. This just so confusing. I really don't feel like going back and doing the game for a 3rd time no matter how awesome the game is.

Do you think if I deleted the DLC and re-downloaded it, it could work?

Edited by Brkenintntionz
forgot stuff

I started the game and when he's swimming towards the lighthouse I turned the Disable Vita-Chambers to ON.

I think that's your problem. The way I did it was I started a game, turned the vita-chambers off , went back to the main menu and started a brand new game on hard.

Yeah I am definitely sure. Because when ever I died I would go back to the main menu. Then from there I either clicked on Load and/or Continue. And I would pop up where I had saved.

Does going near or seeing a Vita-Chamber affect the achievement? Because I know I did go near a vita-chamber but not inside or used one. This just so confusing. I really don't feel like going back and doing the game for a 3rd time no matter how awesome the game is.

Do you think if I deleted the DLC and re-downloaded it, it could work?

No going near them doesn't make a difference. I remember walking up to one and hitting it with my wrench a few times and I still got the achievement.

Edited by PerpetualHell

Man i did the same thing....im at Fort Frolic Right now....

i turned Vita Chambers off when i was in the water in the begining.....Im sure i read that people got the achievement without even turning them off....everytime they died they just loaded the last save....man i hope i get the achievement i dont want to start over again...

Huge Update here. I spent a day and half completing the game for a 3rd time. I deleted the DLC first. The re-downloaded it again. Tried the last level and nothing.

So I restarted a new game. Go to the swimming part made sure the Vita Chambers were turned to ON. Then I backed out to the main menu. Started a new game like PH said to do. Played. Saved any little sister I felt like. Got to the last level and beat Atlas and BAM the Brass Ball achievement popped up to my frustrated delight. Man, I was about to break the disk if I didn't see the achievement. All I did on this play through was the basics. System Bullseye was my bestest friend. lol. I feel so accomplished now. Just glad it's over until Bioshock 2. Thanks to everyone who helped. Man, and if you are trying for Brass Balls....good luck. It's a frustrating 100gs achievement. lol peace!

I was wondering if I delete the save files of games I don't play anymore that I rented , will I mess up my gamerscore?

Edited by Brkenintntionz

how the hell do you turn off vita chambers. i've started the game on hard havent died but would really like to know how to turn off vita chambers

someone please help me before my xbox ends up out my window

Press start, go to options, and at the very bottom should be an option saying something like

"Disable Vita-Chambers : Off"

Turn it on, save the settings, then go back to the main menu and start a new game on hard. When you're in the water again, make sure to check the options to see if the vita-chambers are disabled.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

Are you kidding me? I turned the Vita-Chambers off in the water and I've just made it to Hephaestus. Don't tell me I have to start over again...

Are you kidding me? I turned the Vita-Chambers off in the water and I've just made it to Hephaestus. Don't tell me I have to start over again...

I'm not saying it's like that for sure. But that's what it seems like from people's experiences. I did it just to be safe and I got my achievement.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ridiculously pissed off. Started new game on hard and turned vita chambers off at the lighthouse a few weeks back when I first started the new file, but the DLC's been very tempermental; I've deleted and redownloaded it several times because the "disable" feature is rarely visible in the Options menu, though all the random, utterly useless DLC plasmids are always available in the Gatherer's Garden. I can't remember if I started the game on hard, turned them off and then started a new hard file like everyone else (though that painstaking effort feels familiar....I was definitely reading these threads about having to start over after turning the chambers off when I resolved to tackle the achievement, anyway....)

But I digress. A week of work and reloading my last save file if I ever died and respawned in a vita chamber. I know for a fact that I haven't died yet at all because when I do die the first-time pop-up of "you are being respawned in a vita-chamber" happened as late as my last save-file-reload, haven't died since. Got to Fontaine, beat him, nothing. No achievement. Is it worth deleting, redownlaoding the DLC and starting the last boss file again, or just putting a fist through the disc?

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

I have heard many people say that as soon as you spawn in a Vita-Chamber, all of your saves become "corrupted" and you won't be able to get it. Brass Balls is completely up to you, it's a 100GS achievement. I've never had the DLC glitch up on me so I can't tell you how to fix it.

I will say this though, I had more fun getting sent back to the Title Screen than just flying around and reappearing in a Vita-Chamber w/ no consequences since that's really how games should be if they have a health system, but no lives.

so does anybody know exactly what to do to get this crap?

I disabled the vitas in the medical station, but I wasnt killed until then.

Im at fort frolic now so I'd also be kinda pissed if I didnt get the achievement!

as much as I love to play bioshock (this is my 4th playthrough) it's really not that enjoyable when ure doing it on hard and with vita chambers off...

no. if you turn off the vita chambers and you dont die on that playthrough (before you shut off the Vita chambers)

If you didnt shut off the vita chambers and you died then reloaded your save, it gets corrupted.

However if you did shut off the vita chambers from the start of the game then reloaded after you died then no your Achievement is not corrupted by your death. does that clear it up for you?

would u kindly explain it again? :D

nah I think I get what u mean.

so if I turned off the vita chambers at the medical station and I didn't die before I turned them off, I'm gonna get the achievement, that about right?

pretty much. if you turned it off before you died then youve deadlocked the achievement