Achievement Bug/Glitch?

I found all the Bell Killer collectibles for the "The Bell Killer's Story" achievement but no achievement unlocked. My progress for the achievement itself says 89% found.

I counted all the collectibles in the Side Cases tab and sure enough, it's 39 out of 39.

Am I going to have to restart the whole game over or is it gonna be another similar issue like Wolfenstein's achievements where I might have to wait a few hours or days for it to be added?

Any solutions?

I found all the Bell Killer collectibles for the "The Bell Killer's Story" achievement but no achievement unlocked. My progress for the achievement itself says 89% found.

I counted all the collectibles in the Side Cases tab and sure enough, it's 39 out of 39.

Am I going to have to restart the whole game over or is it gonna be another similar issue like Wolfenstein's achievements where I might have to wait a few hours or days for it to be added?

Any solutions?

Same thing happened to me for the History of Salem collectable achievement only it's progress was 100%. Just wait 24-48 hours and then check your achievements (may not have any notification and will just be unlocked when you start up your xbone)...especially if you have the achievement for collecting everything (this would mean that the game tracked you got everything too).

Worse case scenario...just run through the game and collect nothing but the 39 bell killer collectables... I re-did the game collecting all 25 of the History of Salem and beat the game in 3 hours (the achievement was unlocked the next morning when I started my xbone with no notification)....just check to see if the if your progress goes up once you grab your 37th one (each one is worth about 2.5%)

Edited by scmark15

My achievements for this game are fucked, 48/48 unlocked but I'm only at 97%, 975/1000 and somehow have collected 242/173 collectible in one play through. Piece of shit game.

This is NOT the game, it's the achievement app...whenever there is an issue with LIVE and they are doing maintenance the achievement app seem to get @#$%ed up if you earn any achievements during this time. So far I've had issues with Ryse, Tomb Raider, Titanfall, Murdered, and Wolfenstein and every single time was when there was a service alert on LIVE (which is too often in my opinion).

For example I'm a 17 Gen in Titanfall according to the app which is not possible in the game I'm really only 10th. Also didn't get the Early Adopter challenge (Gen before the end of March) when I first Gen'd in the game on March 20th until sometime in May when it magically popped up in my list.

Edited by scmark15

• 1 month later...

Yesterday i was contact with microsoft support and after few test they told me then i must contact with square enix support. I get ticket at square enix support and now i waiting for informatoon about this problem. I look at the murdered souls suspect forum and i think this game is dead and nobody resolve our problem.

I just finished the game, and noticed I am missing one of the story related (and unmissable) achievements. I hadn't been paying attention to the secrect ones because I knew they were all story related/unmissable, and assumed I would get the by the end of the game.

The one that didn't unlock was Wicked Tempers... I don't know whether to wait, and see if it unlocks later or tomorrow, or to play the while game again until it unlocks. Any advice? I don't want to waste my time playing, if it's not going to help!

So I waited a few days... No achievement. Decided to go ahead and play again and just rush through it, and it dinged right when it was supposed to. No idea why I had to start a new game and complete that part of the story again - it makes no sense. It is possible that starting a new game could well hold the answer... I think you can run through the entire game in 3 hours, so it's worth a shot!

I still talk with SE suport and still not get answer why my trophy is locked. On xbox.com i have 95% game compleated but on console in achievement app it says 96%. I send them pictures and waiting for reply. Also i end game twice for sure and do 3 times cemetery mission collecting all stuff. Achievement is still locked and compleated.

EDIT:

Guys i received an email and this is what they told:

Dear Greg,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are very sorry that you are having issues with your achievement in Murdered Soul Suspect.

Given all the information you have provided in your previous tickets, it seems very likely that the achievement did not sync correctly with your Xbox Live account. Unfortunately if this is the issue we will be unable to assist you in fixing this error. We understand how frustrating this can be to not receive an achievement that you have worked many hours for and we will pass on your feedback about this issue to the appropriate department.

We apologize for this error. Please feel free to contact us again if you have other issues.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Ps. I hope that helps. Excuse my bad English! Edited by TotalKaosX1

In order to receive achievements on the xbox one you are required to be online...if there is any issue with LIVE at the time you receive an achievement it won't unlock properly sometimes due to syncing issues, you can try to force it to re-sync....

When was the last time you fully powered down your console?

The console shuts down to a stand-by mode by default and continues to run your apps while the system appears to be off. To shut down completely you have 2 options... Hold the button on the front of your console until the system shuts down (the light on the power brick will turn from white to orange), note: this will also clear your system cache. The other option is to switch from stand-by mode to energy-savings in the systems power settings. Either of these is recommended to do bi-weekly to fix other issues with loading, graphics and sounds, at least until they implement a clear cache option in a future system dashboard update.

Once you've done this, restart your console 24-36 hours later, and it should re-sync your profile which LIVE does once a day (stand-by mode keeps you signed in and in-use even when your system is off). Some achievements won't "pop" they will just be unlocked and show up in your list without notification. This doesn't work all the time, for the rest you may just have to wait or try again later depending on the status of LIVE. I've used this method to fix 8 achievements in various games stuck at 100% (games include Titanfall, Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein, Ryse, Murdered) but not all of them unlocked right away one in titanfall took two weeks but my system is set to energy-savings (turns the system fully off and takes a little longer to start, again you'll know your completely off if your power brick's light is orange and not white).

Give this a try and hopefully it'll fix your issues....best of luck!

Edited by scmark15

Scmark15, you have posted the same thing everywhere and I tried it and it didn't work. It has been over a week.

I had this fix 8 achievements stuck at 100%, one took over two months to finally show up it doesn't work 100% of the time, did you wait 24-36 hours before restarting your console? This issue is caused by not being able to sync with LIVE, some have said that removing your network cable while the system is on then turning your system off by holding the power, re-plugging in your network cable and restarting the system and game works, and others said deleting the game and re-installing it can work too, but I've never tried either of these methods.

You could also try replaying the game and collecting them again....Your achievement bug was on the exact same achievement I had in this game....I replayed the game getting all the collectables again and it still didn't pop, turned on my system the next day (again I have mine set to energy-savings mode so it turns right off) and it was there (maybe try turning yours to energy-savings, go into settings >> power).

I highly recommend replaying the game and getting the collectables again, then trying the fix and the others above if it doesn't pop, and if your still having problems contact xbox support.

Good luck!

Update, check your achievements it seems they fixed an issue that caused 100% achievements from validating/unlocking within 24-48 hours of LIVE issues.

Edited by scmark15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Heirloom achievement won't unlock and seems to be bugged. Anyone have similar problems ?

Same as this only with 'The Man in the Box' achievement...shows me as having all the collectibles and 100% complete but no achievement. Hoping it will pop in its own time!

EDIT: This popped for me when I went back online this evening. No notification, it just appeared (in the correct chronological place) in my achievements list :)

Edited by VyzieTaur

• 2 weeks later...
In order to receive achievements on the xbox one you are required to be online...if there is any issue with LIVE at the time you receive an achievement it won't unlock properly sometimes due to syncing issues, you can try to force it to re-sync....

When was the last time you fully powered down your console?

The console shuts down to a stand-by mode by default and continues to run your apps while the system appears to be off. To shut down completely you have 2 options... Hold the button on the front of your console until the system shuts down (the light on the power brick will turn from white to orange), note: this will also clear your system cache. The other option is to switch from stand-by mode to energy-savings in the systems power settings. Either of these is recommended to do bi-weekly to fix other issues with loading, graphics and sounds, at least until they implement a clear cache option in a future system dashboard update.

Once you've done this, restart your console 24-36 hours later, and it should re-sync your profile which LIVE does once a day (stand-by mode keeps you signed in and in-use even when your system is off). Some achievements won't "pop" they will just be unlocked and show up in your list without notification. This doesn't work all the time, for the rest you may just have to wait or try again later depending on the status of LIVE. I've used this method to fix 8 achievements in various games stuck at 100% (games include Titanfall, Tomb Raider, Wolfenstein, Ryse, Murdered) but not all of them unlocked right away one in titanfall took two weeks but my system is set to energy-savings (turns the system fully off and takes a little longer to start, again you'll know your completely off if your power brick's light is orange and not white).

Give this a try and hopefully it'll fix your issues....best of luck!

This method worked great for me! I finished the game two days ago with 100% of the collectables. Three achievements (Man In the Box and two "secret" unmissable achievements) did not pop. Tonight I powered everything down, disconnected the network cable then reconnected the cable, powered on and continued my game. Nothing popped but when I checked my achievements the missing ones are there and the game is now 100% completed. Thanks for the advice!