scratched disc ?

TERMINATOR 2452

Whenever I scratch one my discs I always go to GAME, they fix it quite well and it's £2 per disc so the price is ok. The only problem is they they don't seem to be very reliable - I went there 4 or 5 weeks in a row to fix a disc, but couldn't as every time the machine was "broken". I never felt the need to go on ebay for actual disc cleaners as I always found it more convenient just to get them repaired at GAME.

if youre the more "honest" type (which even if you are, fuck gamestop, theyll rape you any time you drop the soap) you can just buy a used one and install it to your hard drive then return it

the scratched one is usually good enough for the console to read the disc and approve the licensing on it

All depends on how bad a disc is gone. Some just are past repair.

The returning to a store method is dodgy, as they check the discs when they put them in the case, and if you try to return it they will know it's not the same disc or you damaged it. I don't like this dishonesty personally. If it's not visibly wrecked it can work.

The best option is rent the game, install it, and your scratched game will load the game and pass the security check. This way you can use your scratched disc to play it, until you uninstall the game.

I have cleaned discs before with toothpaste, but only really bad discs (laser scratched them). I do not want to mess it up as its rare and i have never seen another one before. :( Game is a mission to get to for me.

If it's already fucked, what does it matter if you mess it up any more? (not that you can with Brasso/toothpaste/etc anyway). If it's not knackered, why bother?

If it's already fucked, what does it matter if you mess it up any more? (not that you can with Brasso/toothpaste/etc anyway). If it's not knackered, why bother?

Out of interest which game is it?

Its not a game, but a hd dvd i play through my 360. TERMINATOR 3. I'v had it years and only watched it once. Its got the smallest scratch on it.

Ill give this a try:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CD-DVD-PS2-XBOX-GAME-DISC-SCRATCH-REMOVER-DAMAGE-REPAIR-KIT-CLEANER-RESTORER-/161264403398?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Disc_Repair_Disc_Cleaning&hash=item258c1b83c6

Its not a game, but a hd dvd i play through my 360. TERMINATOR 3. I'v had it years and only watched it once. Its got the smallest scratch on it.

Ill give this a try:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CD-DVD-PS2-XBOX-GAME-DISC-SCRATCH-REMOVER-DAMAGE-REPAIR-KIT-CLEANER-RESTORER-/161264403398?pt=UK_Computing_Sound_Vision_Disc_Repair_Disc_Cleaning&hash=item258c1b83c6

It'd be cheaper to just buy a new copy considering that it's not only an obsolete HD-DVD, but it's an HD-DVD of a shitty movie.

Illegal, immoral and terrible advice.

illegal: yeah its return fraud, but only if you get caught, which there is no way to prove it unless you admit to it yourself

immoral: morality arguments can go back and forth forever, being a former (non-disgruntled) employee of gamestop, it doesnt tread on my moral fiber, but i can see how one would get their panties in a bunch over it.

terrible advice: absolutely not! the best advice given on this thread, until it was noted that the disc is an HD-DVD copy of T3 (seriously wtf?! you care that much about T3 on HD-DVD to create a thread about repairing it, you said youve watched it once, that should be enough to know that you never want to watch it again, but to each is their own... i guess...)