Traveler Achievement only Guide

Ray5555

Oh damn...i'm maxed out with leliana and she doesn't want to sleep with meh....wth!@!!!!........

still i did alistar's quest....

this sucks!...

any trick for leliana's gay atitude?

Once you get her to like you all the way you need to travel with her in your party. It will trigger one of the ambush's and this one starts her side quest. Finish that and you can bump vajay-jays back at camp.

As for the Traveler achievement...

Mine unlocked as soon as I got to the rooftop to fight the final dragon.

Forget about the DLC's...they do not count.

As far as I remember there are only 5 side quests that unlock new parts of the map. 4 are from the quest positing boards and 1 is from the Assassin's quests in the pearl. Everything else you should get in the main questline...just make sure to go out of your way to get a few places in the dwarf mountains and in the back alleys of the city.

Edited by Scurvy Curr

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick update.... last might while completing another ending to the game I got this achievement..... thing is I didn't do anything different than when I completed it the first time.

I printed out a list of locations from the other thread and ticked off all the obvious ones and was left with 2 or 3 places I was not sure about, trouble is when I loaded my game I was already past Landsmeet..... meaning I'd have to complete this and then go back to an earlier save.

Got to the roof and ding..... unlocked..... weird.

I can confirm however that you DO NOT need the DLC a lot of side quests, I got to K's hide out but said no to the Crows guy so didn't get the extra locations there.

I think this has more to do with all the areas you have to go to as part of the main plot and making sure you enter every building/area/floors etc.

Good luck to any one still in need of this...

Don't know how much this will help, but I unlocked the achievement on my first playthrough the second I got on the rooftop. I figure i'll post everything I did, see if it helps anyone here. Be warned that there ARE spoilers in here, so read at your own risk.

It should also be noted that I did not download any DLC, though I did go into Sulcher's Pass. Doubt it makes any difference, but i'm just listing everything I did.

-

Started off with a Human Female Noble Warrior

-

- Explored every area in Ostagar, barely looked around the Kostagar forest. Didn't do any side quests in the forest either.

- Went into every house in Lothering, picked up Lilianna and Sten, did the job board quests that involve going out into the field and killing the thieves and the bears.

- Went to the Circle tower. Did not explore every room in the tower as I was just running through the game for time conservation. Went into every section of the Fade. Also I reloaded my file to do both sides of the quest. Templars and Mages side. Got Wynne in my team.

- Went to Redcliffe. Went inside every house possible, grabbed all the quests on the job board but ultimately only did like 2 of them. Explored every area of Redcliffe castle looking for items. Went into the Fade with Morrigan to save Connor.

- Went to Denerim. Went inside every house I could, did the companion side quest for Alistair to go inside Goldanna's house, and for Lelianna. Went into every area accessible through job quests except K/D's hideout. In fact, I only did one of the Bartender quests which was "Solving Problems". Basically I went into every area mentioned in Ray's guide. Oh, and the Ransom drop location.

- Went to Caravan, Refugees, Civil War, etc. All the areas that open up on the world map due to job quests. Kadan Fe Mercenaries included.

- Went to Haven village. Explored every house. Didn't explore the entire ruin area, in fact i'm sure I missed alot of it. Same with the caverns. Killed the dragon, and reloaded my file to do both sides of "The Urn of Sacred Ashes".

- Went into the Brecilian forest. Only did 3 quests in the village. Getting the kid together with that girl he was crushing on, killed the goat thing, and got the Ironwood for the shop keeper. Explored the ruins fairly well. Reloaded my file and did both sides of "Nature of the Beast".

- Went into Frostpeak Mountain. Sided with Harrowment. Explored every building possible including Dust Town, did every quest in this area, including the extra proving ground battles. Once I could enter the Deep roads, I entered the Audican thaig. *Did I spell that right?* And explored it to it's entirety, trying to kill as many Darkspawn as possible. Also explored every corner of the Deep roads and all it's sections, and grabbed every codex I saw. Reloaded and did both sides of "Anvil of the Void" and "A Paragon of Her Kind". Ultimately chose Harrowment as King.

- Went back to Redcliffe, then to Denerim for the Landsmeet. Explored most of the Arl's estate. Got arrested when I rescued the Queen, and explored the majority of Fort Drakon. Went to the Alienage and did every quest possible, including the Orphanage. Also made sure to kill the Slaver. Got every person that votes in the Landsmeet in my favor, so when you go save the Queen rescue everyone! Not sure if it makes any difference, but it only helps. Made sure to keep Loghain alive for the Ally achievement, then reloaded and killed him to keep Alistair.

- Afterwards I just went through the rest of the game to it's end. I let Morrigan do the dark ritual. When given the choice to kill both Darkspawn generals or just one and head to Fort Drakon, I went ahead and killed both. Achievement unlocked at the Rooftop with 95% exploration.

Edited by Kirye

This is a tricky one since it will disappear off your map after you complete it. but it is required for the traveler achievement. To unlock this Area, you need to recruit Zevran. Then you need to talk to the guy in the Market District in Denerim in the center pavillion between two chests. Afterwards a messanger kid will come up to you on the streets of Denerim and give you a scroll, which unlocks the Trial of the Crows Quest. Go to the Gnawed Noble Tavern in the Market District. Facing the bartender go into the room on the right and talk to Master Ignacio. He will give you a contract to kill the mercenaries that are looking for you. Go to the Pearl and to the back room. Say the secret password, enter and kill the mercenary squad mainly Paedan. Go back to the Gnawed Noble Tavern, Talk to Ignacio again to learn there are more scrolls in the chest. In the chest there is a scoll called "Mercenary Hunt". Take this Scroll, and that will unlock this area."

i accidently told the corw guy the screw off, am i screwed now for the travlers cheevo?!

This is a tricky one since it will disappear off your map after you complete it. but it is required for the traveler achievement. To unlock this Area, you need to recruit Zevran. Then you need to talk to the guy in the Market District in Denerim in the center pavillion between two chests. Afterwards a messanger kid will come up to you on the streets of Denerim and give you a scroll, which unlocks the Trial of the Crows Quest. Go to the Gnawed Noble Tavern in the Market District. Facing the bartender go into the room on the right and talk to Master Ignacio. He will give you a contract to kill the mercenaries that are looking for you. Go to the Pearl and to the back room. Say the secret password, enter and kill the mercenary squad mainly Paedan. Go back to the Gnawed Noble Tavern, Talk to Ignacio again to learn there are more scrolls in the chest. In the chest there is a scoll called "Mercenary Hunt". Take this Scroll, and that will unlock this area."

i accidently told the corw guy the screw off, am i screwed now for the travlers cheevo?!

No, definitely not. There are alot of people who got the achievement without having done that questline. I don't think the Traveler achievement needs "Every area", but maybe it's like the Ally achievements in Mass Effect that are really unspecific on how much you have to explore, and you just need to explore the inside of every building in every city.

Either way, good luck. This achievement is either really tricky, or glitched as hell. I'm just glad I don't need a 2nd playthrough, I have to return this game to gamestop on thursday. XD

Yeah I would like to know if it's possible to get this achievement with out doing Leliana's side quest. I missed the chance to bring up that she is a lying hussy and can no longer get the dialogue option to talk about her past life. I'm maxed out on "friendship" bar. Which of course is my fault should know smothering a girl with gifts will still get you nothing. I'm at 95% when I walk on the roof and it does not pop. 96% seems to be the lucky number from a lot of post I've read so trying to figure out where else to come up with 1%. I don't usually trade games in but if I have to play through a 4th time for this achievement, this games getting the boot.

Ok does this have to be in one playthrough? Because I'm really confused on how it all goes down, I have like 3 files each with like 20-40 hours gameplay on each (I love this game so much T^T) but I still dont have traveler . . . . so what I'm honestlly thinking is maybe just maybe it is one playthrough only. . . .can anyone confirm this?

should unlock as soon as u get that quest, but u have to travel to it, from Denerim market district, u cant just fast travel to it on the denerim city map. The gate is behind genitivi's house, which should be now open

thanks, thats all it was. i had no problem my first playthrough, i guess i just forgot about.

also for the traveler achievement, what exploration percentage should u have before i call the landsmeet and go up against loghain. i have 79% and i dont know anywhere else to go. is that enough?

I got the Traveler's achievement before doing Leliana's side quest. So I can confirm it is not needed.

how is that even possible?

and again how much exploration percentage should i have just before i go to redcliff when its attacked. im at 80% now and it didnt work the first time. i dont know anywhere else to go?!

how is that even possible?

and again how much exploration percentage should i have just before i go to redcliff when its attacked. im at 80% now and it didnt work the first time. i dont know anywhere else to go?!

Sorry for taking so long to answer this... I just came back to this thread today.

I don't think there is a certain exploration percentage you need for the achievement. I think it is based on number of locations and not percentage...

I just know that when I ended the game I had 94% and the achievement didn't pop up.

After going back and finishing the game several times I got it at 95%.

I am 100% sure though, that I hadn't done Leliana's quest. Afterwards I began a new playthrough and did it (after getting the Traveler achievement). So, you DON'T need Leliana's quest.

Wait can anyone confirm for me pleaaaaaaaaase that I can still get this achievement on my 1st playthrough even though I did not enter the fade in Redcliffe???

Otherwise this sucks, what a ridiculous achievement, it should not take into account optional dialogue areas. :mad:

Why not? You have to play the game like 4 times anyway, may as well change up your style of play in each one.

The achievement guide says it must be done on one playthrough, but I've seen people saying they've done different things on their second plays and unlocked it? Can anyone confirm this, as I'm trying to pick it up alongside my glitched rogue.

Why not? You have to play the game like 4 times anyway, may as well change up your style of play in each one.

The achievement guide says it must be done on one playthrough, but I've seen people saying they've done different things on their second plays and unlocked it? Can anyone confirm this, as I'm trying to pick it up alongside my glitched rogue.

Well because I don't want to play this game four times as it will make me dislike a game that I think is great to put it bluntly...

Didn't ask for that anyway, what I was asking was:

"Wait can anyone confirm for me pleaaaaaaaaase that I can still get this achievement on my 1st playthrough even though I did not enter the fade in Redcliffe???"