How Many Controllers Have You Broken Out Of Rage?

ZX47

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

360 controllers have proven remarkably strong. The Force Unleashed caused me to damage one, but I managed to reapir it. Other than that, I've managed several over the years. I also once broke a laptop playing Age of Empires, and a destroyed a monitor with an airborne mouse, although that one was unintentional

None lol you guys need to stay calm.

Also I've had my very first 360 controller for nearly 6 years, dropped it maybe 100202002 times and it's still working fine apart from the analogue sticks gone a bit weak but still working.

..How the fuck do you mange to break a controller..jeez..

Edited by Barad

None lol you guys need to stay calm

I just smashed my controller to spite this post! Take that. :mad:

Side note: I think that the fact that these damn controllers cost upward of sixty dollars they should remove wear and tear button-mashing quick-time events from games. How about that? Someone start a petition.

Edited by WalterWhite

360 controllers have proven remarkably strong.

This is very true!

Not fully broken any 360 controllers to date and I don't really rage on my controllers anymore. I have 2 controllers where the left analogue stick creeps to the right in games (which is VERY annoying for both fighting and accuracy games) but that comes from playing olympic games I think rather than rage.

I have broken many PS2 / PS1 controllers in my time however, usually from playing FIFA and the player 'hasnt done what I told him to'. Also broke a fair few keyboards and a couple of mice. But I am calm now so no more expensive peripherall bills!

Never seen the point of breaking something that I paid money for. I've never broken a controller, ever. If I ever start to rage, I just put my controller down and go do something else for awhile. I don't play anything competitively anymore though, so I rarely even rage at all.

On my fifth, but I'm being calm now it's costing me lot of money and the final straw was when it my laptop screen.

DId you accidentally the whole thing too? :p

I have broken 2 one on mw2 and another on x men origins.

If you're raging about beating the game on hard, head to the game forum for it, theres a glitch where you can use god mode without it disabling achievements, and a move set where you can render deadpool almost useless like an infinite combo loop on street fighter.

OT: I have never broken a controller, I've had my x360 since launch. The x360 died 3 times, but not the controllers!

On my 9th. And I verily disagree with the "well built" post. The first one I broke, I punched it, and the :abut: popped off.

My Gears 3 SE controller went the way of the doddo with one chuck across the room. Analog stick broke when it slid under the chair.

My 9th one, is one of the shiny chrome ones. It's too pretty to smash, hit or punch... even tho I know I will eventually. It's always a moment of uncontrolled rage that ends a life.

:rant::chair

I have broken no controllers to date as I am a responsible adult who takes care of his possessions and realises that it shouldnt be the controller who suffers but it should be me.

This does not count dropping my controller which I have done many times from varying degrees of height. And when I found a slight fault after dropping it I opened it up and fixed it myself.

Edited by LeeMD