Hope this helps... (How Great Is That? achv)

PeaceSquid

Whether this comes for me quickly or not (already spent 11k today on Bronze Premium Packs), it definitely seems better to buy Bronze packs as it is far easier to make your money back, plus so far I have got to Bronze English players worth 5k, two or three random guys worth between 1k and 2k, and a Bronze English CB worth 10k. Even just selling the players and not worrying about selling the contracts/fitness cards, this seems to be the best way to maximize your pack opening options and still have a decent chance of getting the achievement.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittman isn't the key! I think it's just something that happens with Bronze packs occasionally. I still think the 400pt packs are the way forward but good to know this is still working!
But he is. How many players do you really think transferred after this game came out? Both Pittman and Miguel Llera were emergency loans that occurred in September. Both of the confirmed players that work to unlock this achievement are holographic players, so until more players are revealed to work, I still think that Bronze Premiums are the best way to go.

EDIT: I was interested in these summer transfers and put together a list of all the summer transfers on their new teams.

Bronze:

Adams (55) – Brentford – npower League 1

Duplus (57) – EA Guingamp – Ligue 2 (NO ACHIEVEMENT)

Pittman (58) – Crawley Town – npower League 2 (CONFIRMED)

Martin (58) – Amiens SC – Ligue 2 (NO ACHIEVEMENT)

Lund (58) – Stoke City – Barclays PL

Parkes (58) – Leicester City – npower Championship

Jackson (59) – Northampton – npower League 2

T. Clarke (59) – Leyton Orient – npower League 1

Simpson (61) – Oldham – npower League 1

Griffiths (61) – Crawley Town – npower League 2 (NO ACHIEVEMENT)

Thomas (61) – Bournemouth – npower League 1

Vitiello (63) – Ascoli – Serie B

L. Clarke (63) – Chesterfield – npower League 1

Williams (63) – Sheffield Utd – npower League 1 (NO ACHIEVEMENT)

Miguel Llera (63) – Brentford – npower League 1 (CONFIRMED)

Silver:

Ngoyi (66) – FC Nantes – Ligue 2

Davies (67) – Stoke City – Barclays PL

Vilas Boas (67) – Rio Ave FC – Liga Portugesa

Djiby Fall (71) – Odense Boldklub – Superliga

Augustyn (71) – Vicenza – Serie B

Collins (71) – Ipswich Town – npower Championship

Bold = Holographic/Rare

Source: http://www.ultimatedb.nl/

The website has a list of all the transfers on their old teams, my list has all the new teams. Be aware people that only the players marked confirmed have so far been confirmed to give out the achievement "How Great is this?".

EDIT 2: I just pulled Duplus from a pack, and did not get the achievement, he is confirmed to not work. I looked through my club as well and found that I pulled Martin, Williams, and Griffiths from packs a while back, and did not get the achievement, they are confirmed to not work.

Edited by Der Fuhrer

Had the achievement for opening 100 packs (90% of them gold), I had almost given up on finding a TOTW player for the achievement....then I read this post, 2 of the Bronze 400 coins pack later and I got Miguel Angel Llera Garzon and the achievement popped up!!! Finally!!! :)
I have opened 30 or 40 gold packs (Jumbos, Premiums, All Player) and another 150 or so bronze packs with no luck. I think this bronze method is the best way to do it, but it is very disheartening.

Btw guys, I just pulled Simpson (a non-rare transfer) from a pack and did not get the achievement, I think that the transfer player must be a rare player to unlock the achievement.

Bronze:

Simpson (61) – Oldham – npower League 1 (NO ACHIEVEMENT)

L. Clarke (63) – Chesterfield – npower League 1

Silver:

Bold = Holographic/Rare

I have opened 30 or 40 gold packs (Jumbos, Premiums, All Player) and another 150 or so bronze packs with no luck. I think this bronze method is the best way to do it, but it is very disheartening.

I really hope you get it soon, it actually feels more of a relief that I got it rather than any form of excitement! Fingers crossed for you though!

I got Pittman on the 21st, so he still works. I had saved up some coins for bronze packs since there was a bronze in-form player this week and started buying bronze packs as soon as the new team of the week kicked in. You can imagine my relief when it popped for me with about 2000 coins left and I opened a 750c pack about an hour before leaving for the airport.

I really hope you get it soon, it actually feels more of a relief that I got it rather than any form of excitement! Fingers crossed for you though!
Hopefully I can get one of the other Rare transfers so I can confirm/disaffirm if they work. I suspect they do as I have read from others that they popped the achievement without getting Pittman or Llera from the pack that unlocked the achievement.

I got Pittman on the 21st, so he still works. I had saved up some coins for bronze packs since there was a bronze in-form player this week and started buying bronze packs as soon as the new team of the week kicked in. You can imagine my relief when it popped for me with about 2000 coins left and I opened a 750c pack about an hour before leaving for the airport.
Nice going man, how many coins did you spend on packs? If you were opening for an hour it must have been a small fortune.

EDIT: Just pulled L.Clarke from a bronze pack, no achievement. He is disaffirmed.

Bronze:

Simpson (61) – Oldham – npower League 1 (NO ACHIEVEMENT)

L. Clarke (63) – Chesterfield – npower League 1 (NO ACHIEVEMENT)

Silver:

Bold = Holographic/Rare

Edited by Der Fuhrer

Thanks for all this info, I was looking for comfirmation that this still worked, looks like it does if you achieved it yesterday. I'll update this post if I get it :)

I got lucky with a pack and got Zaha in it, the Ivory Coast Striker for Crystal Palace, he's the only 5* Bronze so he sold for 10K! Also getting alot of squad fitnesses worth 1000 each so it is all going well atm.

-Kahuna

Adding my knowledge to this achievement

I can confirm that the achievement can be won through a regular 400 bronze pack.

How I got the achievement was to buy regular bronze packs for 400 then sell what was in them. You won’t be able to sell everything but rare bronze contracts sell for 250 or buy it now at 300, player fitness for 200 BIN, squad fitness for start price 1100 and BIN for 1300 rare bronze players have a look to see if they are worth a lot if they are not sell them for BIN250 discard the rest once you trade pile and consumables pile is full stop buying pack’s and wait until they have all sold and start again until you get the achievement. Injury cards (i.e. Arm leg ect) can be sold for BIN 400 but all injury’s can be sold for 500BIN

(Best done online)

But don’t buy packs online through Fifa ultimate team web app as people have got an inform player this way and not unlocked the achievement when going back to their console.

You won’t make much money doing it this way but I started with 20,000 spent 10,000 opening packs to fill trade/ consumables then by the time they had all sold was back up to 20,000. So you don’t make much money but don’t need to play and games.

The way I got the achievement was that I won a free bronze pack in a bronze pack opened it and it was not one of the gliched transferred players but Nicky Powell of Crewe Alex who is in this week’s team of the week

week starting 2,1,2012

Fell it was justice that I got the achievement with a Crewe Alex player as am a lifelong fan of them

Ps good luck because that is what this achievement is not skill. Pure luck

Edited by Sean Reinhardl

Der Fuhrer - Parkes who plays for Leicester I can confirm DOES NOT work for the achievement either.

Also you missed out Trevor Carson who plays for Bury. He doesn't unlock the achievement either.

Oh my luck! I finally got the achievement! I bought a 7,500 pack and got Mignolet in it.

Edited by RikusTwilight

Adding my knowledge to this achievement

I can confirm that the achievement can be won through a regular 400 bronze pack.

How I got the achievement was to buy regular bronze packs for 400 then sell what was in them. You won’t be able to sell everything but rare bronze contracts sell for 250 or buy it now at 300, player fitness for 200 BIN, squad fitness for start price 1100 and BIN for 1300 rare bronze players have a look to see if they are worth a lot if they are not sell them for BIN250 discard the rest once you trade pile and consumables pile is full stop buying pack’s and wait until they have all sold and start again until you get the achievement. Injury cards (i.e. Arm leg ect) can be sold for BIN 400 but all injury’s can be sold for 500BIN

(Best done online)

But don’t buy packs online through Fifa ultimate team web app as people have got an inform player this way and not unlocked the achievement when going back to their console.

You won’t make much money doing it this way but I started with 20,000 spent 10,000 opening packs to fill trade/ consumables then by the time they had all sold was back up to 20,000. So you don’t make much money but don’t need to play and games.

The way I got the achievement was that I won a free bronze pack in a bronze pack opened it and it was not one of the gliched transferred players but Nicky Powell of Crewe Alex who is in this week’s team of the week

week starting 2,1,2012

Fell it was justice that I got the achievement with a Crewe Alex player as am a lifelong fan of them

Ps good luck because that is what this achievement is not skill. Pure luck

Sadly with the Jumbo Bronze and several Bronze TOTW players, the bronze market is actually weak. I struggle to sell a lot of my bronze cards, usually at:

Contracts (all) - 150/200 BIN

Healing - 200/250 BIN

Healing (all) - 400/450 BIN

Players (non-rare) - 150/200BIN

Players (rare) - varies (150-... BIN)

Fitness - 150 BIN (instasell)

Fitness (squad) - 900-950 BIN (market here is VERY weak - could be a good chance to merchant Squad Fitness ready for removal of Bronze Jumbo as I can easily sell for 1300 BIN without Bronze Jumbo)

Squad morale - 150/200 BIN

Kits, badges, stadium, morale, training, staff - discard unless rare (if rare, post at 150/200 BIN)

Like I said, the bronze market is very weak at the minute, so it might be worth looking elsewhere for quick profit.

Profit isn't really a big deal for me. As long as I can keep building up my club value, then I don't mind.

I wasted about 70k on the bronze method and got nothing, so I know your pain

It literally is just pot luck i assume. Im going to save up again and try it from 20k or so. It will help towards the 100 pack achivement and raise the value of my club. still would be nice to get this one out of the way!

I cannot believe it. Finally got it, after hundreds of gold packs, loads of silver packs and hundreds if not thousands bronze packs.

Got with 1500 bronze pack, I have opened loads of 'em before, and today went around 20 and there it is, Pittman saves the day. And year. Good riddance EA.

After opening up A LOT of gold packs and getting nowhere I was getting frustrated so I sold a bunch of players this morning and went to work. Read up on the achv and people are saying that it is possible to get this achv with a bronze pack. I was sceptical but decided to give it a go.

Got home and there were about 20k of coins in my account so I started buying bronze packs (400 coins ones) and sure enough after 15 or so this popped. No rares/IFs in my team although there is a player on the right (where the badges/kits usually are). An American winger called Pittman.

Thank f**k that is sorted. Now I can actually enjoy this mode!!

Well I know im not putting any more of my own cash on to buy the gold PacksI spent 16 gbp trying to get a half decent player in the past 3 weeks

not a lot of money but it does get somewhat old seeing 75 rated players

Who suck large donkey balls ,as well as getting 40 contracts ..