GPS Secrets

Raygan

It seems like every time someone answers this question they assume the person asking has missed something. I assure you I have not missed a single GPS cache, relic, or document (other then the secret GPS one which I am missing). That's why I also mentioned that my status says I have 100% of the game completed. I have meticulously searched every single local in the game, revisiting all of the places where it says I have already found a GPS cache and they are ALL accounted for. I was hoping someone else who had experienced this had found a way to unlock the final document (since I can no longer pick up any GPS caches). It seems to me however that I will need to restart a new save and do it all over again.

Hey, I'm just trying to help and I can't tell what your situation is without suggesting things/asking questions.

Now, are you sure you have all AREAS completed to 100%? I'm not entirely sure, but I think the 100% game completion and the 100% area completion might not be linked. To wit: you can complete the game's story to 100% but still need collectibles. Since there is not a list of collected GPS Caches, you could still have one out there...

I could be very wrong however.

This game is realy shit.Now when I still dont have this document GPS SECRET MISSION FAILED, Iv try do all challanges. I done all challanges and achievement aint pop up :(

There's a lots of bugs in this game...:mad:

I really don't know about that. I was able to get every Single Player achievement in one playthrough, so they do all unlock. Granted, your specific game might have glitches mine did not, but I think you might've just missed something that keeps them from popping.

Now, are you sure you have all AREAS completed to 100%? I'm not entirely sure, but I think the 100% game completion and the 100% area completion might not be linked. To wit: you can complete the game's story to 100% but still need collectibles.

I have fully completed the story, have all collectible and challenges done with game completion at 100% (and have all associated achievements), but my save file shows 99%, it's driving the OCD in me nuts! Lol

I have fully completed the story, have all collectible and challenges done with game completion at 100% (and have all associated achievements), but my save file shows 99%, it's driving the OCD in me nuts! Lol

Does each AREA in the game say you've completed it to 100%?

Maybe you forgot to activate a camp somewhere along the way? :/

Does each AREA in the game say you've completed it to 100%?

Maybe you forgot to activate a camp somewhere along the way? :/

yeah, everything, all challenges, collectibles, camps etc. my save did say 100% originallly when i first completed it all, but seems to have reverted to 99% at some point not long after. it does say 100% in the game itself when i push the back button, just not on the save file on the main menu.

I had collected everything from every area that was marked from each fast travel point I could use, so I collected all GPS cache items - these being the only things I had not really picked up during my sp playthrough - thinking job done but No!! ... no achievement.

Having then checked my inventory of documents spotted that against the Secret GPS ones (2 documents) I only noted the first document as viewable with the second greyed out with no title.

So remembering this thread I then went off to the Bunker areas again and hit instincts which had the game highlight a new area of interest. On then viewing the map noted more GPS caches to pick up, Grabbed em and on the final one had Lara note that this one seemed to contain something (or contained a note - forget which) ... this at the same point the achievement for all collectibles unlocking ... Woooohoooo !!

Checking my documents inventory again against the GPS Secrets (last on list) I then had the "mission failed" document there and was allowed to listen to it.

So for me personally these GPS Cache items were not on my map until I had finished the game and had revisted the area using instincts to have areas of interest updated.

So while I have seen people say I have not missed anything - I would have had the same argument until having gone back to the Bunker area and then had more items added to my map, clearing up for me I had missed things.

Edited by Bulldog LXXIII

I can confirm that I had the secret GPS Cache before beating the game. The secret one unlocked for me in the bunker at the GPS location marked at 1:05 in the video posted earlier in this thread. Lara mentioned a note being inside and I was rewarded with 1000 salvage.

There is a room with two doors you can open. The first one just drops into a flooded hallway with corpses but there is a window on the opposite wall. In this window was on of the challenge targets (sun). Jump into the window from that first door to find it.

Edited by aardvarkgod

I need help with this too, I have all the relics, ALL the GPS (yes even the 2 secret ones) but I'm missing Lara's 10th journal entry!

What can I do to unlock it?

I don't wanna have to play this again and do all collectibles :(

Lara's 10th Journal comes after you beat the game. If you've beat the game already and are still missing one of her journals, then just go and visit all of the base camps (but actually sit down to each to trigger the journal).

If the document is showing you the name "failed mission" then you unlocked it. It does not do the auto play like other documents. If you do not have the document, then it will say undiscovered.

And I received the document after getting the gps cache on the small island before the endurance at the research base location

• 3 weeks later...

Mjb3027 is right.

If you go to a Base camp and check the fast travel. You might see that everything is 100%.

But there is still a place where you can not go directly (fast travel).

Its called Cliffside Bunker. You can reach it through Shipwreck Beach.

I missed two GPS caches in Cliffside Bunker and when I got them I also got the missing document.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys.

I still have problem with this document :mad:

I already have all gps cache's but still dont have this document gps secret no.2 I aint even remeber did Lara say somethin / notice when I collected this gps cache on small island before Endurance

any ideas what should I do now.

But please dont say I need to play once again.

Slaw79! DON'T BE LAZY and GET YOUR BODY on Cliffside bunker. I've had the same problem as you and my maps said that every level is 100 % complete. You have to fast travel to a Shipwreck Beach (which of course will say that it's 100 % complete), but it's not so, travel there, and click "back" button to open the map, scroll down almost to a very end of the map, and you will see a second part of the map (which is called Cliffside bunker), right there a new table will say that it's 89 % complete, and on the map you'll see the missing document with a question mark on it. The thing is that Cliffside Bunker is NOT SHOWN ON THE MAIN BIG MAP!

• 6 months later...
Slaw79! DON'T BE LAZY and GET YOUR BODY on Cliffside bunker. I've had the same problem as you and my maps said that every level is 100 % complete. You have to fast travel to a Shipwreck Beach (which of course will say that it's 100 % complete), but it's not so, travel there, and click "back" button to open the map, scroll down almost to a very end of the map, and you will see a second part of the map (which is called Cliffside bunker), right there a new table will say that it's 89 % complete, and on the map you'll see the missing document with a question mark on it. The thing is that Cliffside Bunker is NOT SHOWN ON THE MAIN BIG MAP!

I have gone back to Cliffside bunker and mine says 100% and I still don't have it. I've gone as far as getting on the ship and working my way back to see if its something not shown on the map (while in Cliffside bunker) and still nothing. :mad:

• 3 months later...

I had exactly the same problem 99% game completion every location had 100% just needed secret cache 2, however when I went to cliff side bunker from shipwreck beach I noticed the flashing cache against the wall next to the first day camp you come across then afterwards when I pressed the back button to bring up my map it says cliff side bunker only 94% complete and states I haven't actually 100% completed that area as I had the challenges to do aswell, so although on the fast travel it states all the areas are fully completed, cliff side bunker is actually it's own area that also requires 100% completion it is just not part of the fast travel so you can't see your progress until your actually there and then bring your map up. I got the achievement, I hope this helps