Fastest money way

69bigplayer69

to have your content saved, like kills, money, ect.. you need to wait till your at a checkpoint. this is what loads your data to the cach

that's not entirely correct. you have to reach a checkpoint so your money will be saved, but kills and everything else isn't like that, that's how I got my kill 50 enemies by doing X just by killing myself after I cleared all the enemies.

but if anyone has a good spot to farm tech points, that would be amazing :D because getting 725,000 is a bit of a grind (although it's nothing overly boring)

i tryed this with the 10 granade air kills, cause i was at a checkpoint, i killed the guy, jumped off cliff, 15 times, and no ding. so, from that i was asuming everyting was saved at checkpoints.

but you will notice a icon in the corner sometimes that looks like a saving icon, even though you are not at a checkpoint, so mabye this is saving the data like kills, money, ect...

Edited by Myth17
added info

well that icon that appears in bottom right, does not save tech points, i tryed it, but just load the last chapter in episode 2, and use the AA gun instead of getting the energy weapon, the orbs zoom to you when you get kills, and its only 141,000 to master all items, i just got 1000 GS on this last night.

Copyed this from the guilde i made:

THESE ARE THE UPGRADES AND HOW MUCH THEY COST

Liberator:

3800>Larger barrel that fires deadlier, high-caliber rounds. Increased clip size.

9200>Explosive rounds that detonate on impact. Incresed clip size.

Oppressor:

4000>Improved particle accelerator increases the accuracy and damage of projectiles.

10100>Added particle destabilizer causes enemies to explode when the die.

Disintegrator:

7800>Supercharged particle generator makes projectiles explode in a larger radius.

11200>Shielded plasma emitter makes projectiles ricochet and explode in a larger radius.

Reclaimer:

6400>Inertial dampener that reduces recoil and improves accuracy.

13400>Improved particle intensifier reduces reciol and makes projectiles rip through armor.

Magnetar:

7200>Resonance multiplier that causes projectiles to bounce toward enemies and inflict more damage.

20000>Harmonic intensifier that causes projectiles to ricochet off enemies and inflict greater damage.

Hypercoil:

6800>Improved heat sink allows the weapon to inflict more damage and cool down faster.

17000>Ianized liquid coolant allows the weapon to inflict more damage and prevents overheating.

Jet Pack:

9700>Larger 0.45 caliber machineguns that inflict greater damage.

15000>Miniature magnetic rocets installed as a secondary weapon. (these rock, unlimited ammo, and BOOM)

I guess there are several different ways of earning fast tech points...

Here is what I did.

Episode 2 - Chapter IV Breaking Camp

As soon as you start turn around jump into the Turret that's on the ground not any that's on the Ark. Using the turret that's on the ground will get you most of the long distance tech points. As they will fly to you.

After you have shot down all the UFO's continue on with the mission as normal until you get to the part where they tell you to grab the Ghostbusters beam gun from the dude's office ect... Well ignore that instead, Jump into a Turrent on the Ark this time and shot all the incoming UFO's. There is a wave of about 20-30 UFO's

After no more spawn quit the game and repeat over and over until you get the amount of tech points you require.

You have to quit the game doing so will save the amount of tech points that you acquired, For some reason or another when I tried the restart level or killed myself on purpose the tech points didn't save (Im not sure if this is a glitch or just my bad luck) So make sure you quit to the main menu then load Breaking Camp ect.

Now I only have 2 more achievements to get 1000 woohoo.

Edited by StrongerSpurs
Typo

I farmed all the tech points I needed on Breaking Camp (Episode 2: Chapter 4)!

Start the level and get all the way til when you have to get the "lighting gun" (dont remember the name) from Tesla's workshop behind the Ark. Either get in the AA guns or just fly around holding the RT (and LT if you already have the rocket pack missiles) and kill the 30+ UFOs that appear, then fly straight down into the mist and it will restart you and you keep all the tech points and can repeat this cycle over and over till you get all the ones that you need!

Also, once you get the points you need....fly down to the barracks area below and there is a "weapons box", so you can upgrade everything you need mid-mission!

Using the methods described above during the chapter Breaking Camp (Episode 2: Chapter 4) you should net yourself about 4,000 tech points per run through.

As StrongerSpurs recommended, get in a turret since this is the fastest way to shoot down the UFO's without having to fly around and pick up the tech points. They will float to you automatically whether you shoot them down or the AI does. Also, fly to one of the turrets on the ground since it has a much larger field of view and can go all the way straight up while the ones on the Ark (depending which turret) can't go straight down or straight up.

Also, as Captain Nerdy posted, once the UFO's stop spawning just fly straight down into the mist. If you commit suicide any other way you'll lose all your tech points you just earned but for some reason killing yourself this way keeps your tech points and spawns you right before the UFO wave. You can also quit to the main menu as others suggested to keep your tech points but this is MUCH faster and lets you only play the UFO wave over and over again.

Again, the UFO wave got me a consistent 4,000 tech points when following the above. Doing it this way should be the fastest way to farm the remaining tech points for the weapon upgrades.