Playlist

JohnD55

So I'm one of the many waiting on that elusive UK release date to come. I plan on getting the bundle when it eventually gets here as I am a total n00b to the guitar. Been looking lots of info up about the game and also guitar playing in general and can't wait to get started. I'm just hoping that the May release for the PC version isn't any indication of how long we have to wait for the European console version. 5 months? That's nearly half a year! I may have lost motivation by then.

Anyway, digression aside, one of my ways of waiting out its release over here is that I have decided to put a playlist together of the songs that come with the game so i can get familiar with them and be ready for release. I've did this with Guitar Hero and a couple of other games in the past (though only after I already owned them) and for those I liked to order/group the tracks according to the game.

The only track lists I can find for Rocksmith are all just in alphabetical order of artist and I was wondering if anyone had, or knows anywhere where I can find, a list of the Rocksmith songs in a basic order that the game would throw them at you. I gather, from what I've read, that Rocksmith is a little different in the way that it handles the order it gives you songs depending on how you're progressing with the game, but it would be good to get an idea of the basic order of songs that most people would end up going by. I so far only really know that Satisfaction comes first.

Thanks to anyone that can help and I eagerly tap my fingers on my computer desk in anticipation of when I can finally start strumming along with the rest of you guys.

There doesn't seem to be any order in which the game gives you songs for an event. Satisfaction will be there for your first event, since the game teaches you the main riff from the song in the intro. I've played over 50 events and there really doesn't seem to be any sequence to what songs you will play. The game seems to have a bias towards single note and combo arrangements. I don't recall many times (if at all) when a chord arrangement for a song was given to me for an event. On the other hand you can edit what songs you want to play for an event, but I would suggest taking what the game gives you to get an idea of how difficult a song will be for you. Then once you have seen most of the songs edit the event so you can learn songs that are easier for you.

Thanks for the info. It would still be good to get a basic order that I can work with for my playlist, that goes in some kind of basic difficulty order. Maybe if there's no set order there may be a way of grouping them in an order. Maybe in chunks of 10 or so based on difficulty? It'll give me some kind of idea of what to expect as well as give a more interesting order than alphabetical. Has anyone else put a playlist together, what kind of order did/would you go with?

I asked this question on the official forum and got as far as this being a basic starting order/block of songs.

Satisfaction

Next Girl

Go With the Flow

Use Somebody

Surf Hell

Slow Hands

In Bloom

Any other contributions?