GREEN THUMB help thread

In case you’re like me and the only achievement you have left to do at the end of the game is Green Thumb, I’ve started this thread to put all of the information in one place and to allow for discussion / help requests.

I lost track of what I needed because I bought a lot of reagants and collected a lot from trunks and fallen enemies. Those don't count. You have to harvest them from a plant for them to count toward the achievement.

Note
however that multiple people have reported getting the achievement when taking Essence of Fate off of fallen enemies, so looting off of enemies might count. We know it counts for Essence of Fate. Just be careful if you choose to count pick ups off of enemies for other reagents, because that is not confirmed.

I didn't start keeping track of what I picked up until the end of the game. I noticed I was low on essence of fate, prismere dust, leechwood bark, sativa, and seaflax. So I started with those. (Turns out though that Tindertwig was the last one I needed. Apparently I only picked up one through the course of the game.)

I simply copied the list below into a word editor and typed 12345678910 in front of each one until I collected 10 again.

Here I'll make it easy for you. Copy this list into word or excel:

Bloodroot

Seaflax

Scarlet Flowstone

Scarwood Bark

Sky Blossom

Essence of Fate

Tindertwig

Black Cohosh

White Flake

Eel Petal

Scarab Salts

Star Thistle

Softscrabble Powder

Sativa Fibers

Cripplespore Caps

Edelweiss

Ysa's Breath

Embereyes

Leechwood Bark

Prismere Dust

First of all, take note that if you want a plant to respawn simply go to one of your houses and sleep for at least two days or wait two in game days.

Let's start with h4mm32's Achievement Guide. It has some pretty good descriptions.

Green Thumb: Harvest 10 of each type of reagent.

You need to harvest (not just find/loot) ten each of the twenty reagents in the game. Putting points into Alchemy will increase the chance of harvesting. All harvest points will respawn after some time. Names and locations are as follows:

Bloodroot - Seawatch, located to the left of Caeled Coast on the map, player house, must rebuild first.

Seaflax - Seawatch.

Scarlet Flowstone - Seawatch by alchemical lab.

Scarwood Bark - Seawatch.

Sky Blossom - Seawatch.

Essence of Fate - Go to Araid Camp and make your way back towards High Fulgen, on the way you will see a small cave on the left, fate is inside.

Tindertwig - Seawatch.

Black Cohosh - Allestar Tower, start of the game, also found basically everywhere.

White Flake - Shardfall, top left of Cradle of Summer, inside cave.

Eel Petal - Allestar Tower, at least 2 on the way to first town in the game.

Scarab Salts - Shardfall.

Star Thistle - Seawatch.

Softscrabble Powder - The Court of Winter, final warp point in the game, just warp and turn around.

Sativa Fibers - Seawatch.

Cripplespore Caps - Stonecandle Mines, first mine at start of game, also found in most caves.

Edelweiss - House of Valor, 2 inside warp point, big white bush, also all over the desert.

Ysa's Breath - Seawatch.

Embereyes - Seawatch.

Leechwood Bark - Seawatch.

Prismere Dust - The Court of Winter.

What I did

Another quick note before we begin: A lot of people have been saying they needed White Flake and Scarab Salts. I personally needed Tindertwig. So you may want to search for those first.

Prismere Dust

I started on Prismere Dust by quick traveling to The Court of Winter and traveling backwards toward Alabastra/Amaura. I had ten before I made it out of the House of Vengeance

Essence of Fate

I next had trouble with the Essence of Fate. Here are some more locations (and a better description of the one in the guide) that will help you get to ten faster.

High Fulgan (Alabastra), Go to Primordia South of Camp Moondown. Go south. As you go around the bend, on the right side, there will be a little area to go into (but you do not leave Alabastra). Alternatively Start at Ariad and go north.

Caelled Coast (Klurikon) - Go to Damalroc in the south. From Damalroc, go south. Go over the bridge and take a left into the little boot looking area.

Ettinmere (Dalentarth) - Go to Ballads Oratory. Go south across the bridge. Go west and then go swimming to the little cove on your left.

Hollowlands (Detyre) - Go to Cloudrest. Travel East from the Hollowlands toward Menetrye. Make sure your detect is high and look for the hidden door on your right.

Seawatch

To finish off I went to the garden in Seawatch. You have to fully rebuild Seawatch first by making the three staff return to the castle. I don't recall the starting quest line but I'll post it if someone posts its name in here.

I would harvest all of the reagents in Seawatch and then run to the beds in another part of the castle, sleep for two days and start over. Sometimes I had to exit the front door and walk back in to make the reagents physically appear. If I did not I could still harvest the reagents, but they looked as if they were already harvested.

The following Reagents are in Seawatch:

Bloodroot

Seaflax

Scarlet Flowstone

Scarwood Bark

Sky Blossom

Tindertwig

Eel Petal

Star Thistle

Sativa Fibers

Ysa's Breath

Embereyes

Leechwood Bark

If you want additional help with Sativa Fibers and Seaflax here is a thread on those: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=357526

White flake

If you still haven't gotten the achievement by now, head to Shardfall to pick up White Flake.

Edit: I need to acknowledge Diamondz. I didn't notice when I started this thread that another thread of discussion had been started quite a few days ago. I hope this thread helps and that I didn't step on anyone's toes. The thread had dropped off to page two or three and for some reason didn't pop up in search. Most of the info in h4mm32's achievement guide came from a post by Diamondz in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=356583

Quoting his post which he updated with pictures of locations:

Well I just got the achievement and made a list of places to find everything. Reagents are on a 2 day respawn.

Bloodroot - Seawatch, located to the left of Caeled Coast on the map, player house, must rebuild first.

Seaflax - Seawatch.

Scarlet Flowstone - Seawatch by alchemical lab.

Scarwood Bark - Seawatch.

Sky Blossom - Seawatch.

Essence of Fate - Goto Araid Camp and make your way back towards High Fulgen, on the way you will see a small cave on the left, fate is inside.

Tindertwig - Seawatch.

Black Cohosh - Allestar Tower, start of the game, also found basically everywhere.

White Flake - Shardfall, top left of Cradle of Summer, inside cave.

Eel Petal - Allestar Tower, at least 2 on the way to first town in the game.

Scarab Salts - Shardfall.

Star Thistle - Seawatch.

Softscrabble Powder - The Court of Winter, final warp point in the game, just warp and turn around.

Sativa Fibers - Seawatch.

Cripplespore Caps - Stonecandle Mines, first mine at start of game, also found in most caves.

Edelweiss - House of Valor, 2 inside warp point, big white bush, also all over the desert.

Ysa's Breath - Seawatch.

Embereyes - Seawatch.

Leechwood Bark - Seawatch.

Prismere Dust - The Court of Winter.

Seawatch - http://imageshack.us/f/856/photo1je.jpg/

The Court of Winter - http://imageshack.us/f/442/photo2fw.jpg/

Shardfall - http://imageshack.us/f/534/photo3xgu.jpg/

Allestar Tower - http://imageshack.us/f/23/photo4esq.jpg/

Stonecandle Mines - http://imageshack.us/f/843/photo5ln.jpg/

House of Valor - http://imageshack.us/f/718/photo3gqm.jpg/

Essence of Fate (Ballads Oratory) - http://imageshack.us/f/41/photo1rki.jpg/

Essence of Fate (Ariad Camp) - http://imageshack.us/f/100/photo2lp.jpg/

Good Luck and let us know if you have any questions.

If you get it good for you.

As reported by mcgraw x3

only .92% of amalur owners have the green thumb achievement .. . . thought that was cool so thats about 1 in every 100.
Edited by Lex Talionis

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice but I doubt looting reagents counts.

It doesn't. I clarified the original post so maybe it's more obvious now. The places listed are where they grow. You have to actually harvest them from a plant.

When you loot them it messes up your count, so you have to make a list to keep track of what you've harvested.

Edit: Multiple people have reported it may count for Essence of Fate so who knows if it counts for the others. I got the achievement harvesting from plants so I know that works.

Edited by Lex Talionis

So I just got the achievement, but I only have ever harvested an Essence of Fate once. I have the Dowsing Rod since I preordered from Amazon, so I had always been collecting reagents when they appeared on my map. The achievement unlocked when I got my tenth Prismere Powder.

Guess I just got lucky?

Okay seriously i really think this achievement is glitched i have over 500 ingredients harvested all of them are over 20 but the only glitch i have is with the Edelweisee i get 9 of them and everytime i get to 10 it resets to 0 but if i use 1 it goes back to 9 anyone having the same glitch? because idk what to do right now

Okay seriously i really think this achievement is glitched i have over 500 ingredients harvested all of them are over 20 but the only glitch i have is with the Edelweisee i get 9 of them and everytime i get to 10 it resets to 0 but if i use 1 it goes back to 9 anyone having the same glitch? because idk what to do right now

Most likely you just cant see the 1 because of the picture of the Edelweiss...

Remember the achievement is to Harvest 10 of each type of reagent, not to have 10 of each. I would try harvesting a few of the more rarer reagents and seeing if the achievement popped then (essence of fate and prismere dust for example)

Write a list of all the reagents, and keep a tally of when you successfully harvest one.

That way when you get 10 of each, you will know for sure if you were previously missing a reagent, or if the achievement is glitched.

What he said. Unfortunately, sometimes the old school pen and paper method is the best way to keep track of stuff.

I had hundreds of them too when I swore up and down that this was glitched. I sold them all and started over. Turns out I was wrong, you're probably wrong too. Sell them all, start over. There are 20 reagents in total. Do nothing else but harvest them again, don't pick up a single fucking thing from any enemy you kill. When you go into your menu and into the reagent bag and you have 20 items and ten of each item you can tell me it's glitched. For me it was Seaflax, Scarab Salts and White Flake that were the problem. I had hundreds but once I went back to harvest them I knew I hadn't been in the place I went to get them before (Shardfall) and it was probably my fault.

Had no issue with this, towards the end of the game I had about 90+ of everything but Prismere Dust and Essence of Fate.

- Focus on the stuff you have the least of, usually essence of fate and prismere, because by definition they are quite hard to come by.

- Find a location for each.

- Harvest them and write down how many you got starting from 1

- Go sleep in an inn/home bed for 48 hours

- Go back to location and harvest again, adding to the number you are writing down.

- Continue until you have 10 of each or you get the achievement.

You can essentially do this for all types of reagent. If you fast travel and have all the locations you need, it shouldn't take more than an hour.

Tindertwig was the last one I needed. Apparently I only picked up one through the course of the game.

Unfortunately your only options to keep track of this achievement are: to print a list and mark them off by hand; put them in a word processor or excel (or a google spreadsheet) or some other electronic format and keep track; or sell every reagent you have and refuse to pick any more up out of trunks or off of enemies until you hit the achievement.

Edited by Lex Talionis

I have a question since i have over 20 harvested of each one of them maybe you have to do the main quest to get the achievement? I mean im still at the beginning of the main quest but im really far away into the side quest and stuff i just dont wanna do the main quest yet im just wondering maybe that could be the problem because i really did everything i could for this achievement and i seriously think it is glitched.

Achievement popped when I looted Essence of Fate from an orange baddy. Seems appropriate, considering I seldom used Reckoning through my playthrough.

I'm interested in how that worked. I wonder if looting off of enemies counts. Maybe it just works for Essence of Fate.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Ive collected well over 10 on all plants I even sold them all and did it again but still no achieve, lets get this right you go up to the plant and pick it nothing more? You don't need to eat it do you? this is the last achieve I need and its really p...ing me off.

Ive collected well over 10 on all plants I even sold them all and did it again but still no achieve, lets get this right you go up to the plant and pick it nothing more? You don't need to eat it do you? this is the last achieve I need and its really p...ing me off.

Try going to Shardfall and getting Scarab Salts and White Flakes. I put in 67 hours and cleared almost every dungeon and quest, yet somehow I didn't have ANY white flakes harvested. Also, I never sold all the ones I had in my inventory when I began my collecting, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I just used a pen and paper checklist.

Try going to Shardfall and getting Scarab Salts and White Flakes. I put in 67 hours and cleared almost every dungeon and quest, yet somehow I didn't have ANY white flakes harvested. Also, I never sold all the ones I had in my inventory when I began my collecting, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I just used a pen and paper checklist.

Got it thanks to this post. Thanksss :woop:

It was those damn Scarab Salts