So, did the ending make you rage?(Spoilers)

Zombiedrd

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he could survive if you have a high enough readiness...

If you have over 5000 Effective Combat Units or whatnot, you get the option for the "Perfect" Ending where he survives, but [spoiler=Ending] You see 1 second of a body with an N7 Patch under a Pile of rubble on the station breathing. [spoiler=Spoilerception]Doesn't matter anyways, since he's all alone badly hurt, and no one has any means to reach him anymore since mass relays still get destroyed, all synthetics are destoryed (sorry legion I guess your sacrifice and the overall lesson learned for geth and quarians was for fracking nothing), and Joker and the Normandy Crew are still alone on some random-ass planet. No matter how you slice it, all your work was pointless, and Shepard dies (albeit he will survive slightly longer in "Perfect" ending), and never sees his friends/romance again.

Edited by Doombringer777

I kinda figured Shepard would die here considering this is the last Mass Effect to feature Shepard. I wonder where they would go if Bioware actually decided to make another trilogy.

I figured that too, but what happens to everyone else no matter what choice you make is what makes me hate the ending.

not at all, i seem to be in the minority by a lot, so much hate for the ending.

the whole game had a real nice closure feel to it for me.

i liked the worn out shepard a lot and how they had every major character make his/her "contribution" too.

only thing i didn't like, it didn't account for all of your squad.

i mean i took garrus and james with me and will never find out what happened to them (or did they get killed by that reaper beam?).

oh and: ..ONE MORE STORY!

Nothing you ever did in any of the games matter. Not to mention the bullshit addition of space magic, and the stupid god child.

That is what got me. I expected him to die, but the 'good' ending still was that sure you stopped the Reapers, but galactic civilization is gone. With the gates out of action, no one can get to each other(In their lifetimes). Also, all the work to get the galaxy to work together, to get synthetics and the galaxy together, etc. is for naught because even though you can get the Geth ready to be in the galactic community, o wait, they all are toast.

With no character epilogue, I was really, really disappointed with the ending. They leave everything wrecked and don't give a conclusion to the squad.

I guess Bioware is emo.

just beat it and have to agree, what the hell did i just watch. the normandy crashed on some random planet then Joker, Garrus and Jalek get out...then some old guy is telling a kid a story....what the hell bioware.

the perfect end would've been Shep and Anderson watching as the crucible powered up killing them along with the reapers, then a nice little epi about what happens to the world post sheppard...but no....

LOL i am still trying to wrap my head around all of this....i am let down...i gotta say

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7OdYt0rqZQ]Mass Effect 3 - "Synthesis" Ending(SPOILERS)! - YouTube[/ame]

Synthesis Ending

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKkrTPkVliY]Mass Effect 3 - "EPILOGUE"(After Credits) - YouTube[/ame]

Epilogue

LOL i am still trying to wrap my head around all of this....i am let down...i gotta say

Mass Effect 3 - "Synthesis" Ending(SPOILERS)! - YouTube

Synthesis Ending

Mass Effect 3 - "EPILOGUE"(After Credits) - YouTube

Epilogue

If anybody paid attention for 5 minutes, they'd know why the Synthesis ending is the best ending. All races become perfect, and the story thing? The kids asks, can I hear another story about Shepard, he replies "One more story". Obvious set up for the SEQUEL, or For the secret ending you get for finishing NG+

If anybody paid attention for 5 minutes, they'd know why the Synthesis ending is the best ending. All races become perfect, and the story thing? The kids asks, can I hear another story about Shepard, he replies "One more story". Obvious set up for the SEQUEL, or For the secret ending you get for finishing NG+

yea it seemed like the best...i chose it on my first playthrough

I'm so disappointed!

1) Why didn't Harbinger play a bigger role? No final boss battle? Not even a direct confrontation? He appears for 10 seconds and that's it? I didn't even know it was him.

2) Why did the Mass Effect relays blow up in every ending? There could have been an ending that left them intact.

I know it's a video game and over analyzing things isn't always necessary but it's just a let down.

If you kinda stop to think about the synthesis ending, If all lifeforms became a perfect evolution, wouldn't they figure out how to recreate the mass relays?

Yes, they can but imagine the resources and time it would take? You'd have to 'tow' one to another Star System because there is no fast travel. It would take decades to make them THAN place them in all the remaining Star Systems.

That's why Star Trek is superior, Transporter for the win! :p

Yes, they can but imagine the resources and time it would take? You'd have to 'tow' one to another Star System because there is no fast travel. It would take decades to make them THAN place them in all the remaining Star Systems.

That's why Star Trek is superior, Transporter for the win! :p

Well, Bioware said that this was not the end of the ME universe, just Shepard. They even said keep the saves. Since the gates are all toast, I would assume we will find another way of fast travel, or the next game will just be in like one system. That is the main thing. The crippling of the galactic community is what I dislike the most, if they can rebuild it in another way, Shepard's death isn't meaningless(I expected Shep and all the crew to die honestly).

Well, Bioware said that this was not the end of the ME universe, just Shepard. They even said keep the saves. Since the gates are all toast, I would assume we will find another way of fast travel, or the next game will just be in like one system. That is the main thing. The crippling of the galactic community is what I dislike the most, if they can rebuild it in another way, Shepard's death isn't meaningless(I expected Shep and all the crew to die honestly).

I have to agree with this. I spent the entire Mass Effect 3 experience to unite the entire galaxy only to be segregated at the end. With the Mass Relays gone, the advanced galactic civilization will have thought of something or the Catalyst didn't affect all the Mass Relays allowing civilization to duplicate it. Then this'll lead to another trilogy with a new character not too far into the future where if Shepard survives becomes Admiral and then becomes a squadmember in a coming sequel or whatnot. That'd be pretty cool I think. To have your own Shepard as a squadmember for your next Mass Effect character. Ahhh the possibilities of video games.

With the mass relays destroyed, wouldn't the entire fleet of the galaxy be trapped in the Sol system? It'd take them forever to get home. So, you have all races rebuilding Earth, their new home / prison (depending on how they look at it). And small colonies all over the galaxy now have to be self-sufficient or die, as supply lines are cut. Well, ain't that a bitch;)

Wel, several years of anticipation ended in severe disappointment. The ending was absolutely amazing up until the last choice and said choice's consequences. Would have loved to find out what happened to your squad mates, the remainder of the fleets, and how the galaxy plans to rebuild. Plus, Harbinger didn't do shit in this one. I thought we'd be able to board him and destroy him from the inside or blow the shit out of him in some epic fashion. But no. Some jerk-off ghost child ends the game on a low point.

and another thing, i was hoping for a lot more out of the battle scenes. like when you have to destroy the reaper guarding the beam and that one hammer squad is pinned down i was totally hoping to see a huge rachni swarm charge in and distract the thing, or a squad of Geth marching on the husks...but no we get a bunch of generic stuff mostly made up of humans, so why did i bust my ass getting everybody in the galaxy to work together