"Serious Co-op" Tip

Just a heads up, when going for this achievement you need to make sure to leave 'Extra Multiplayer Enemies' on. Unfortunately there is a glitch on Karnak where the final door will not open, unless this option is on. It took me 4 times to figure this out, and at an a minimum of 2 hours a piece you can imagine how pissed I was each time the door didn't open.

Couple other suggestions.

- Turn on infinite ammo

- Make sure to get the rocket on the first level

- Get the cannon on Metropolis

- Don't bother killing enemies, unless you absolutely have to

- Use the rocket jump to get out of levels and bypass other annoying situations.

Yeah, me and Taco Bob were both doing co-op together and we wasted countless hours on it before we found out that this was a known bug from the PC version of Serious Sam that found its way into this version of the game as well. Glad to finally be done with this! Use those tips and you should get the achievement in roughly 2 hrs.

Just a heads up, when going for this achievement you need to make sure to leave 'Extra Multiplayer Enemies' on. Unfortunately there is a glitch on Karnak where the final door will not open, unless this option is on. It took me 4 times to figure this out, and at an a minimum of 2 hours a piece you can imagine how pissed I was each time the door didn't open.

Couple other suggestions.

- Turn on infinite ammo

- Make sure to get the rocket on the first level

- Get the cannon on Metropolis

- Don't bother killing enemies, unless you absolutely have to

- Use the rocket jump to get out of levels and bypass other annoying situations.

lol this same thing just happened to me we just rocket jumped out of the final area and killed the glitched guy

lol this same thing just happened to me we just rocket jumped out of the final area and killed the glitched guy

Then I don't believe it was the same situation. The glitch doesn't have to do with someone stuck outside of the arena. It just doesn't open period. We rocket jumped out of the final area and looked for at least an hour and didn't find a single person. If you don't have 'extra multiplayer enemies' on, that door will not open. Period.

ha taco bob you right in front of me in single player leaderboards ! anyways lol i have another glitch to report:

On Dunes, you MUST kill all the enemies in the last place where you get the laser gun. if you go into the door with a couple enemies alive, you risk freezing.

This happened to me twice, could be coincidence, but just a heads up.

Do you have to beat it all in one sitting or can it be done in parts,? I think i asked this b4 but i didn't see an answer...

ha taco bob you right in front of me in single player leaderboards ! anyways lol i have another glitch to report:

On Dunes, you MUST kill all the enemies in the last place where you get the laser gun. if you go into the door with a couple enemies alive, you risk freezing.

This happened to me twice, could be coincidence, but just a heads up.

Do you have to beat it all in one sitting or can it be done in parts,? I think i asked this b4 but i didn't see an answer...

has to be in one sitting, if it freezes you have to start over from the beginning.

Then I don't believe it was the same situation. The glitch doesn't have to do with someone stuck outside of the arena. It just doesn't open period. We rocket jumped out of the final area and looked for at least an hour and didn't find a single person. If you don't have 'extra multiplayer enemies' on, that door will not open. Period.
Oh you were talking about karnak i was talking about metropolis so i guess chalk up yet another coop glitch then

I just helped somebody run through it in just under two hours. Doesn't take quite as long if you know how to get out of the maps. Add me if you need help.

Yeah I ran through it last night and got to Karnak, and realized that for some reason, extra enemies were not on, even though i could have swore they were...So no achievement.

If you have the time to run through it again add me, x1001x Puppys. I will just follow you out of the maps lol

Well C Wizzle and I have something new to report...Don't try to get out of the Great Pyramid opening battle. We got out of the map and landed in the area where the boss spawned, but he never gained a health bar. The ship also never spawned, so we ended up in the final arena with an invincible boss and no ship to kill him with! We are going to have to start from the beginning.

just a heads up.

Well C Wizzle and I have something new to report...Don't try to get out of the Great Pyramid opening battle. We got out of the map and landed in the area where the boss spawned, but he never gained a health bar. The ship also never spawned, so we ended up in the final arena with an invincible boss and no ship to kill him with! We are going to have to start from the beginning.

just a heads up.

Haha too late for me, when I got there on my single player Serious run I tried that, spent quite a while getting to the pyramid itself only to find an invincible boss waiting for me inside.

Bad times were had by all.

Thankfull my 10th quick save was at the beginning of the level, since the game seems to let you keep 10 quicksaves at a time.

1001puppys / C dot - Do you have a list of which areas in the game you can skip via rocket jump, and not get glitched (like the invincible final boss.)

I've only played this once all the way through. Getting ready to start a Serious run (or the coop 400% cheevo) and was trying to save myself a little grief (and cursing!)

:)

1001puppys / C dot - Do you have a list of which areas in the game you can skip via rocket jump, and not get glitched (like the invincible final boss.)

I've only played this once all the way through. Getting ready to start a Serious run (or the coop 400% cheevo) and was trying to save myself a little grief (and cursing!)

:)

This game really isn't that bad since you can enable unlimited spawning and infinite ammo. It takes a bit long though since the enemies' health are quadrupled, and you will get stuck in certain areas since there's no possible way to get past them without sticking it out in an arena or two. Just keep using rockets and try to bulldoze through the levels as quickly as possible.

If you want to know shortcuts and tips through each level, I found these speed runs of people going through the game in less than an hour. They don't really use rocket jumping shortcuts, but really more advanced techniques of passing levels, such as enemy hopping and cannon boosting.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/SeriousSamFE.html

Do you have to do this in a single run or can you take breaks? (i.e start the task up to a certain level, then start a server from that level with the same settings) I'm up for doing this legit with my pal, but not if you have to do it in a single day (unless I can find 2 other people)

I have a question.

Do I have to have the same person with me for the whole game or can people leave and join throughout?

So if I start a game with a person and he/she leaves on lets say level 5 can someone else join and I keep going? Like when the person leaves can I just kind of sit there and wait for someone else before I finish the level and go on to level 6?

I have a question.

Do I have to have the same person with me for the whole game or can people leave and join throughout?

So if I start a game with a person and he/she leaves on lets say level 5 can someone else join and I keep going? Like when the person leaves can I just kind of sit there and wait for someone else before I finish the level and go on to level 6?

People have said that this works, as long as you finish the entire last level with someone, now I do not believe that someone has to finish each level with you, but I can't confirm it and would hate if you tried it and it didn't work...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One word, cannon. When you get it, don't stop spamming it. It wasn't too hard, but once everyone picked up a cannon half-way through the game it was a cake walk.

Oh, also this might help some of you:

Also, YOU MUST TURN ON 'EXTRA MULTIPLAYER ENEMIES'. Unfortunately there is a glitch on one of the later levels, Karnak, in which the final door will not open unless you have this option turned on (ie. you can't finish the game unless this is turned on).

Source:

http://www.trueachievements.com/a41499/serious-coop-achievement.htm?showguides=1

I just got mine this morning, GL everyone!

• 9 months later...
I have a question.

You MUST complete the final level, The Great Pyramid, with another player. If you complete the final level on your own, you won't get the achievement. I found that out the hard way.

You can complete the other levels by yourself if you wish, but the final one MUST be done with another player. I also believe that you still won't get the achievement if another player joins DURING the final level, so make sure you START AND FINISH the Great Pyramid with another player.

• 2 months later...

just a heads up.

On my Serious run I had the same issue, but I found a solution: you can double rocket jump up to the walls in the first zone, where the skeletons would spawn. Then fall off on the other side and make sure you go first to the door which you would exit from. This will trigger the boss, the UFO and the lots of monsters between you and the pyramid. The boss will also get a health bar, too.