Achievement Discussion

• 1 year later...

for the chain smoker achievement, there are 3 additional packs added into the game, all 3 in security research center.

the first is in the computer room in the back on a table

the second is in a connecting hallway, blow out the glass with the riot siut, jump out and climb the crates, zap/stomp the guy by the horizontal pipes and the pack is laying on the ground

the third is in the big room with the flamingo's, on one of the crate on the far wall, a little hidden but it's there.

hope this helps a bit

alot of trial and error for me with stealth master, I can't remember the first floor all that well, but I remember the second vividly, when I dropped down from the crane, I waited until the drone directly ahead started to move away on the right side, then I stealthed to the single box near the right wall, wait there until the next patrolling guard starts to walk away from you, then follow him to where he starts to circle, the go straight into the large box alcove, climb the far box on it's left side where there is a slight shadow, wait for the drone on the center ledge to walk away, then drop down to the crates opposite, wait for the drone on top to walk away from you again, you might have to turn up the volume on the surround to help you figure out when he starts to walk away, as soon as he starts to go, climb the box next to you, jump the railing and follow the right wall to the box under the vent and crawl in, the achievement will unlock a few steps in to the vent. hope this helps

For the first part of stealth master go right once you exit the door and wait in the shadows in the corner by the landing that has the Bounty card 9 Chugger Slich. Once the drones go by go to the box directly in front of you and climb up and over. Once on the other side wait for the drone to go by and then rush to the shadows by the wall on the right. Wait for the next drone to pass and follow him. Once he starts going by the low boxes climb over and go into the door.

for stealth i went to the right both times, also note that you can stealth kill the drones from behind and still get the achievement, so whenever i was able i would kill a drone so i wouldnt have to worry about him seeing me when my back was towards him. the first level i just went to the right killing the drones on that side, one you have advanced as far as you can on the right there will be small box on your left and a guard in the middle of the platform and another that passes him and one on the far opposite side, if you time it right by waiting for each drone to have no line of sight to you, you can jump (a) over the box that was on your left, at this point you should be hiding behind it, jump the box move to right into the shadows then get the your timing down again and go through the door, the second level i again went to the right, waited for the first drone you see to move down the left side of the boxes he follows, i then moved right hid behind the single box and waited for him so i could kil him, then just time the next drone and continue moving right, i didnt bother with this guard, just turned my tv up so i could hear him then climbed the boxs to get up to the higher platform, hid in the shadows next to the wall and leaned to the left to watch the drone nearest me, wait for him to turn his back and make his way back down the platform and simply move along the wall and jump on the box, beep, achievement unlocked, hope this helps

Thanks.

Also, for the Stealth Master achievement, is it okay to take out some Drones? Or no?

Edit: Yes.

This is how I did Stealth Master:

Do not take the ladder (unless you want a bounty card, go up the ladder, take a right, look for it, jump down and take it. Suicide, start again), take the door on the left, and remain in the shadows. Wait for the perfect time when you think none of the drones will see you, go further into the left, and follow the drone patrolling around some crates and stuff. Once he's in a small area with a corner in the crates and stuff, stealthfuly take him out, drop him, and go back into stealth.

see if this attracts any other Drones, and stealthfully take them out as well.

You will need to take out Four drones in that area. once they're all down, in that area face the crane, and go next to the huge stack of crates and stuff, slightly to the right go into the shadows. around the corner, I *think* there's one single crate. hide there best you can. There's a drone with possibly the smallest patrol in the area. he moves back and forth. When he's facing the crane, creep behind and past him, and continue to the door. try to stay in the shadows, just in case.

Go through the door, and Revas will make an announcement on the Tv. I waited for her to finish, I don't know if it effects anything. But after that, I waited for the Drone with the small patrol to be facing the other way, and drew the bridge out. And just to be safe, I waited for him to face the crane, then face the other way again and went.

So, activate the crane, and climb down the ladder. make your way into the next area.

Now, head forward. Do NOT take the left path. It will just make your life a whole lot more difficult. Go straight instead. Wait for the drone to head the other way, and take the path he came from. Hide in the shadows, and wait for him to come around and pass again. Now watch for the second Drone, he will show up the same time as the first drone. follow him into the shadows, and wait for him to take a left, and just go straight. Climb up the huge crate, on to the other side, (make sure no drones see you) and jump down on the other side. Pick up the bounty card if so desired, and hug the right wall. get into the shadows. wait for the drone up top to start heading in the direction of the crane, and go up to his level, get over the rail and go to the other side. There's a crate. climb on top of the crate, and proceed into the vent. bleep bloop

Edited by Brave Moonlight

Can you get any of these achievements by playing Butcher Bay portion? Or is it only for Dark Athena?

Besides the ones that are aptly described with Butcher bay in it. Like the cigarettes and stuff.

Edited by VA1N

I just beat Butch Bay (Medium) and No Ach. I also got All Smokes (62) and no Ach. Then I get locked out and have to start from the start. All Checkpoints deleted. That Blows! I was going to go back and beat the game on every diff for th 1000 cuz I'm a HUGE Riddick fan, but not anymore sadly.

:uzi:ME

Edited by zeroFerus

I have a question:

When doing the stealth master, sometimes the drones will see you, make a weird noise, and come to investigate, then after a minute continue patrolling.

Can I still earn the achievement if this happens?

It doesn't seem like it. If they even become suspicious you have to do it all over again.

Edited by QuasidodoJr

Yeah, does anybody have any idea what you need to do to get the below acheivements?

Juggernaugt, Underdog, Sniper Master, Exsplosive Master, Trigger Happy!, Melee Expert, Funwreck

They look to be multiplayer achievs, and i'm guessing there are 'xx amount of kills with *weapon*'

Im having trouble getting the Underdog achievement online on Riddick

I need to do one more thing to get the achievement

The thing is to get a comeback win

does anyone know how to get 1

Yep I'm wondering about this one as well. I played two hole consecutive games(on the same host), lost the first and won the second. That did not seem to do the trick.

• 1 month later...
Thank you for the information about the extra 3 cigarette packs, I needed number 61 and had no idea where to look as the gamespot guide only relates to the orignal 59. thanks again... achievemnet unlocked

FYI, the Gamespot guide has an incorrect location for Cigarette Pack #51. That's the one outside the Power Cell Charger room, where the Large Alien comes through the wall. The guide says to look in the hole, when in fact the pack is behind the crates in the original room.

Butcher Bay - 12 Achievements - 200 points. Hmm, those are arcade game specs.