No Achievements?!

norcalsniper

I'm disinclined to believe this, especially seeing as you don't pickpocket throwing knives in ACII. There are no overweight guys in leather for you to steal them from. (Unless they changed that in the DLC or I just completely missed it in-game.) It's wishful thinking on some people's part. Ah well. Frees up points to get that RE5 DLC I've been thinking about.

I read that Yahoo answer, and the guy that said that referenced an article in an AC wiki that just showed the achievement from the first game. Nobody that answered that question knew what they were talking about. That's the problem with Yahoo answers, a lot of the time it's just people saying what they think the right answer is, but framing it as fact. You DO get knives from looting bodies, but having an achievement for that would be really annoying, as it's random, and you don't get many.

Also, sequences 13 & 16? The DLC only covers 12 & 13. When in doubt about an achievement, check here. This site is the absolute best resource on the web for achievements, and without it, I'd have driven myself insane long ago.

Edited by Ghinn

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys what is going on? Do you really know what you were posting? You don't like games because the DLC does not have any achievements? This is one of the best games 2009 but you blame it because the DLC does not push your f***ing gamerscore? And all those guys that really want to see some new achievements have played tons of games that really suck - wohooo King Kong and Avatar can boost your gamerscore.. But let me tell you a secret: You will not become famous for yet another 50k GS while others have reached 300k and more. Play games that you like or play games to boost your "small-penis-but-big-gamerscore", but do not rate games due to their achievements. If you wanna show skill try to get the hard achievements not the easy ones..

Ok guys what is going on? Do you really know what you were posting? You don't like games because the DLC does not have any achievements? This is one of the best games 2009 but you blame it because the DLC does not push your f***ing gamerscore? And all those guys that really want to see some new achievements have played tons of games that really suck - wohooo King Kong and Avatar can boost your gamerscore.. But let me tell you a secret: You will not become famous for yet another 50k GS while others have reached 300k and more. Play games that you like or play games to boost your "small-penis-but-big-gamerscore", but do not rate games due to their achievements. If you wanna show skill try to get the hard achievements not the easy ones..

I love how the people that don't get (read: understand the joy of) achievements always resort to insulting the fact that we do. Why does it have to be a compensation thing? What about female gamers that like getting achievements? Your ignorance really knows no bounds. I happen to like getting achievements. At first, I was boosting my score to catch up to a friend of mine. Now, I'm playing games that I like, and cleaning up those games that I started, but never finished. I happen to think that they add another level of playability, that the achievements are a game unto themselves. You may feel differently. I won't go to a thread about something you like and lambaste you for liking it. Why is it you feel the need to belittle people that think differently from you? Does that need extend to other aspects of your life? I suggest you take your useless insults elsewhere.

At no point were we rating the game because the DLC didn't have achievements. We found out about it, and were expressing our anger. This is also about game companies shafting customers for no good reason. This content was supposed to be in the game, where there would have been an achievement for getting through it. As it is, it's coming out months after the game's release, we have to pay for it, and there are no achievements. Those of us that like achievements don't like being treated that way, same as PS3 owners were angry about the fallout DLC fiasco, and PC owners gripe about requirements and patches and such.

I'll also stick up for the value of achievements. It's a bragging rights thing for me, even on individual games; that's why you can click "Compare Games" on any Friend's profile. ACII would have been the first 1000+ game I could have said I got every point on...when you see someone with 1200 on Mass Effect or 1250 on Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, it tells the world "I loved this game and I kicked its ass".

I will still buy the DLC because I loved the game and want more of it. Even if it's just another hour with Ezio, it will be four bucks well spent. But you can't help but scratch your head at the half-assed development and rollout of this extra content. As has been pointed out, Ubi threw in 'chieves for that crappy Prince of Persia add-on...what, ACII deserves less?

I happen to have only played games I like, and for those games I liked I tried to get as many achievements as possible. I only like to play games I really like, then get the achievements for them. There are so many great games on Xbox 360 and Arcade titles that you can easily have 30k+gs just by playing the games normally and not achievement whoring. The people who hate on achievements never have good reasoning behind their arguments.

im quite angry at this news, i would have loved to get 1200gs or what ever for AC2 i even saved 730msp from christmas to buy this and the whole time i expected achievements, ubisoft has now been added to my list of bad companies, and i think AC2 will work its way to the bottom of my games pile if not back to the shop, but then again we were told there would be a limited edition ezio outfit so mabye, just mabye we might have to complete something in this DLC that will reward us with, oh i dunno a black altair outfit for our avatar! i guess 320 is better then a usual 800 and i might just pick this up day 1,2.

oh i almost forgot to mention, i heard somewhere about online multiplayer, correct me if im wrong, but mabye this DLC will take up 1gig of memory for a multiplayer expansion and mabye they will add achievements for online multiplayer later on through the year. but hey im not 100% sure with online multiplayer but you never know. We weren't expecting no achievements and where not expecting online multiplayer, maybe we will get multiplayer:eek:

This sucks to the highest degree of suck!!!

While I agree that playing the game for fun is fine, achs have really helped me experience the ENTIRE experience of a game. I mean...just think of all the areas of certain games you would miss or tasks you would never try if it weren't for achs.

If it's so much cheaper than regular DLC's because it doesn't have achs, I say F THAT!!!! I'll gladly pony up $5 more for a PROPER DLC.

They should have definitely just waited and included this in the original game. I was as excited as anyone for this, but at this point I'll just wait for the next one to see if they learn from their mistake. There are SO many other games out there right now...might as well add to my gamerscore with those :)

While I agree that playing the game for fun is fine, achs have really helped me experience the ENTIRE experience of a game. I mean...just think of all the areas of certain games you would miss or tasks you would never try if it weren't for achs.

This is also an excellent point, and very true at that. Out of all the games I've played on Ps2 (dozens and dozens) there's plenty of content I've skipped because all I cared about was beating the game. Achievements give that extra incentive to fully complete and experience everything in a game. Therefore, the absence of achievements remove that special incentive to get the full experience.

Rolf at this noob

Look buddy im 15 , look at ,my gamerscore its 13k , but if you check i have all achievements on all games except 3, all those games are excellent all i bought for the like ability and to play with friends

why are you talking about small penises on a games forum ?

trying to confess his small size to a bunch of gamers , pretty pathetic

I am really disappointed in UbiSoft for not adding new Achievements to the DLC.

Is not disappointed because I am still 100% completed.

But let me tell you a secret: You will not become famous for yet another 50k GS while others have reached 300k and more. Play games that you like or play games to boost your "small-penis-but-big-gamerscore", but do not rate games due to their achievements. If you wanna show skill try to get the hard achievements not the easy ones..

Um, gtfo? Achievement site ftw?

Edited by KillTheft Gator

I liked this game, and i love almost any kind of DLC, but when it comes down to throwing down MORE money for a game i already put 60 dollars into and beat relatively quickly it better have some sort of incentive to it(achieves, whole new area or quests that goes above and beyond more than 2 hrs of extended play). There are WAY too many games out nowadays and not enough time to get around to all of them so why would i want to put down extra money and get no achieves out of it. I have so many new games i havent even got to play yet(brutal legend and darksiders are both on my shelf and have yet to be played) that i need some kind of motivation to get back to a game i beat 2 months ago. Content should be free at least if there are no achieves IMO.

Hmm i'm on the fence about this whole thing, i mean i completed AC2 in like 3 days, full 1000/1000 but i enjoyed the hell out of it, then i found out about this and it put me of getting it abit, but then thinking again that it's like £2/£3 for this whole new chapter makes it better :D and it comes out today so i can either pay £3.30 to go out on the bus somewhere or a little less for probally about 2/3 hours of Assassins Creed 2 goodness.

Can anyone guess which one i'm going to choose? :D

For me I'm finding the lack of achievements a real put off for this.

It's not a case of, "No achievements=No Buy".

It's mainly because I seen the video released a little while ago of them actually admitting they pulled this from the final game, but now they want to charge us for it, and that's without any achievements for doing so.

Plus now that I check the forums, it's been getting fairly bad reviews.

I loved the game aswell.

(And Splosion Man is DotW this coming week, so I would be short to get that :biglaugh:p)

Edited by VladimirK

I love how the people that don't get (read: understand the joy of) achievements always resort to insulting the fact that we do. Why does it have to be a compensation thing? What about female gamers that like getting achievements? Your ignorance really knows no bounds. I happen to like getting achievements. At first, I was boosting my score to catch up to a friend of mine. Now, I'm playing games that I like, and cleaning up those games that I started, but never finished. I happen to think that they add another level of playability, that the achievements are a game unto themselves. You may feel differently. I won't go to a thread about something you like and lambaste you for liking it. Why is it you feel the need to belittle people that think differently from you? Does that need extend to other aspects of your life? I suggest you take your useless insults elsewhere.

At no point were we rating the game because the DLC didn't have achievements. We found out about it, and were expressing our anger. This is also about game companies shafting customers for no good reason. This content was supposed to be in the game, where there would have been an achievement for getting through it. As it is, it's coming out months after the game's release, we have to pay for it, and there are no achievements. Those of us that like achievements don't like being treated that way, same as PS3 owners were angry about the fallout DLC fiasco, and PC owners gripe about requirements and patches and such.

I totally agree with your statement. I played ACII and loved it, not because of the achievements. But after playing the game I find it also fun to play for the achievements because it brings new playibility. I got 1000GS on both AC games because I liked them and found it fun and yes I like to boost my gamerscore. When I found out this had no achievements the only conclusion I came up with is that it's low on content. And after reading reviews for this DLC it's only an hour gameplay, and yes it's only $4. But I would of rather paid more for a fuller experience and yes for some GS. Having a GS would also show people, hey I bought this DLC and beat it also. But the DLC all in all has no achievements and no replay option. And is a bit disappointing. Will I buy it? I'm not sure, especially since Mass Effect 2 should be coming to my house soon. But I loved ACII and i thought the original was good also.

Edited by noobie2games