allies mission 9

*NOTE* this is on hard

this game has been quite easy up on hard up until now me (diddywaker) and my ally for this mission (squirrelpenguin) have been having so much difficulty doing this mission that we have given up so many times i mean ... 20 minutes to destroy 7 iron curtains and destroy the space shuttle which is near enough indestructable ok this is what we have done so far:

first of all we obviously move our mcvs into position mine on the left hand side his on the right. i will build vindicators and destroy the iron curtains on my side (left hand side) and he will build ground forces suck as mirage tanks and destory the garrisoned buildings as well as the bases they have. now we either get destroyed by a certain number of things.

1. a zepplin manages to leak through our defences and destroy our base (seriously those things are so overpowered *-*)

2. an apocalypse tank manages to leak through HIS defences and destroy all of his builds etc.

3. a twinblade manages to leak through HIS defences and destroys all of his builds etc.

4. we run out of time (however we only run out of time when it comes to destroying the shuttle we have never run out of time while trying to destroy the iron curtains)

by the way when i say HIS i dont mean its his fault i just mean it seems that them units never seem to come to my side of the base at all just his side.

now i was wondering if anyone had an specific way that they did it any tips they could give us or building stratergys etc, as we are having a lot of difficulty completing this and really need some help doing it

I remember this mission... drove me insane for days...

The way how i did this mission (and this was with computer AI as my allie so should b easy with ur mate)... straight away i sent my mirage tanks over the bridge to destroy the first 2 war factories you c and bring them back straight away b4 they get attacked (sometimes you may only be able to destroy 1).... My base defense were: as soon as i got a barracks i trained 10 javelin soldiers (this prevents attacks from the air)... I also got 2 spectrum towers by the bridge along wiv my mirage tanks in aggresive stance (when these get damaged get them repaired)... My assault consisted of building 3 - 4 airbases and training century bombers (i did not build a war factoy)... As soon as i had my first 4 bombers i took out the remaining war factories (this stops the enemy from training bullfrogs)... straight after the war factories were destroyed i sent them to destroy the iron curtains...

On single player i had roughly 4 minutes left to spare (but u need to be extremely quick) the second you have your first 4 begin ur attack.

Hope this helps guys.. good luck.

we just coompletey wiped the floor with this mission by using two stratergies the one you have explained and doing exactly what i did above but putting tanya into an riptide acv (the thing that carries invantry if i got the name wrong) and using a chronosphere to send it over to the shuttle launch site eject her and send her to the build with this method we did it first time and i did the other method solo and also did it first time thanks for all the help mate felt good to do that mission finally :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did it with the AI with 3 seconds to spare (the fail speech even started up at the end there)

Destroyed the tank production right at the start with the mirage tanks, stole the first iron curtain on the right and used it to shield mirage tanks attack on the 2nd curtain. Then using proton's on the next base on the right (basically an air base)

Chronosphere helped with the final base on the right. And ordering my ally to attack the iron curtains on the left got them destroyed faster than just leaving him to do whatever he wanted.

Then it was just a matter of sticking Tanya into an apc and using the chronosphere to get her to the launch pad.