#@%^&! Coin Golf

chriscutis

So I'm trying to do everything I can in an area before moving on, and I am stuck at Oakvale trying to do this stupid Coin Golf game for the stupid damn doll for that stupid damn achievement. Took me like an hour to get the damned memory game to work right in Bowerstone South, but I think I made that more difficult for myself as I tried it right after drinking enough beer to get the achievement for puking, the bottom four cards were barely visible on the screen.

Anyway, anyone got any tips for this BS mini-game? I can't even finish all four holes, I always either go over par or off the table. The problem I think is that I have no gauge of power or anything. Sometimes the first shot puts me right next to the hole, but because I have no idea how much pushing the stick equates to power I end up either overshooting it by a mile or nudging it ever so slightly it doesn't even move it's own damn width.

I know slow time can help with basically everything other than Coin Golf and the Memory game...anyone got any tips for this? Because as it stands, I'm going to be sitting without the Dolls and Smartglass achievement until the end of time.

Ugh, naturally I got this on my fifth next try.... No real advice unfortunately except repetition... Not looking forward to the next instance of Coin Golf in Snowspire Village..

Really I guess just focus on trying to complete it first of all, this was the only time I actually finished all 4 holes without going over par or off the table, so there's that.

Here's the wiki's strategy, worked out for me, eventually.

"

• Round 1 - Aim left, at the tall skinny glass. You want to hit the right side edge of the glass just right. Use 90% power at first just to get your aim down. To get a hole in 1 you need to use about 98% power, hit it just right and get VERY lucky. If it doesn't go in on the first shot you will still be in an easy 2nd shot straight line.
  • Round 2 - Aim right of the big jug in the middle of the table, you will see a beer mug, you want to hit it just right with a shot that looks like it will miss the left side, but just barely hit the edge of it. Use 80-90% power until you get your bearings, 100% on a good shot will shoot it right through the hole and off the table. Again, if you don't get it in 1 shot, you at least have a second easy shot.
  • Round 3 - Aim to the far left, in the great distance you will see a skiny glass on the edge of the table. Hit it in the middle-right side and you will quickly learn the spot to hit, use 100% power and you'll probably get a lot of teasers just outside the ring and start thinking it can't make it, when one time it will. OF course, this hole provides on of the better 2nd shots, its so easy to get the aim down.
  • Round 4 - Aim to the right at the tall glass. You want to look very carefully at the screen, you can see the 3d texturing has a shadow on the inside edge (the far left of the base), if you hit that area just right, with a 100% power shot, your penny can go all the way down the table and even set you up for an easy 2nd shot. Most of the time, this hole requires 3 shots (9/10 times) and I do not see anyway of getting a hole in 1."

Note they seem to be using the default xbox controls? as they say pull opposite the direction you want, and I know I have inversion turned off and the Fable 2/3 control scheme and had to push the direction I wanted to go.

i don't want to open a new thread just for this question so i'll post it here, hope you don't mind OP.

im doing the melee training but further on there is a guy in a garden area who i have to beat his time to get to the demon door and back, the only door i see is just around the corner where you cross the bridge then go over the small stepping stones, im not sure if i have to go right up to the door or even talk to it then go back, which ever way i just can't get back in time as my character runs so slow.

any tips?

I think you just have to run onto that little island for credit for running to the door. Ideally you want to be there turning around with 25 or more seconds left. Don't forget to hold A to run the whole time. It took me a few tries. But then I was trying when still a child, which you may be doing too. I think it'd be easier and still doable if you wait to do it until after you become a teen but before you graduate. You're much faster once you've grown up.

i don't want to open a new thread just for this question so i'll post it here, hope you don't mind OP.

im doing the melee training but further on there is a guy in a garden area who i have to beat his time to get to the demon door and back, the only door i see is just around the corner where you cross the bridge then go over the small stepping stones, im not sure if i have to go right up to the door or even talk to it then go back, which ever way i just can't get back in time as my character runs so slow.

any tips?

I had this exact same problem. Eventually after around 10 trys, I managed to get back to the guy and win with 1 second left on the clock. Not sure what causes you to go dead slow, clinching perhaps? I am also having a nightmare with the bow training, as only 1/5 shots hits one of the moving targets, even though I am locked on, any tips for that?

I had this exact same problem. Eventually after around 10 trys, I managed to get back to the guy and win with 1 second left on the clock. Not sure what causes you to go dead slow, clinching perhaps? I am also having a nightmare with the bow training, as only 1/5 shots hits one of the moving targets, even though I am locked on, any tips for that?

I just aim towards the back right corner and don't move around, I usually get over 200. But later on you need to do it again to win at the carny version later on.

One-time prizes include:

• Treasure Clue #4 (score over 200 points/beat your training score)
  • Silver Arrow Trophy (the second time you beat your high score)

Click the Left Stick in to zoom in once and again to 2x zoom. For precision shooting on the archery galleries, always use this. Just aim for the targets in the back for easy points.

So I'm trying to do everything I can in an area before moving on, and I am stuck at Oakvale trying to do this stupid Coin Golf game for the stupid damn doll for that stupid damn achievement. Took me like an hour to get the damned memory game to work right in Bowerstone South, but I think I made that more difficult for myself as I tried it right after drinking enough beer to get the achievement for puking, the bottom four cards were barely visible on the screen.

Anyway, anyone got any tips for this BS mini-game? I can't even finish all four holes, I always either go over par or off the table. The problem I think is that I have no gauge of power or anything. Sometimes the first shot puts me right next to the hole, but because I have no idea how much pushing the stick equates to power I end up either overshooting it by a mile or nudging it ever so slightly it doesn't even move it's own damn width.

I know slow time can help with basically everything other than Coin Golf and the Memory game...anyone got any tips for this? Because as it stands, I'm going to be sitting without the Dolls and Smartglass achievement until the end of time.

I couldn't agree more! I hate the damn mini games in this game! Mini games shouldn't be harder than the actual game play and story quest!! Or maybe it's just me and I'm doing something wrong...All I know is the mini games have by far been the most frustrating part for me! :uzi:

I found Coin Golf easier if you...

-Put the camera as low as it will go, this gives you way better accuracy at seeing where the coin is going to travel.

-Use :abut: to take the shot, it's easier to make small adjustments in power if you just keep holding :ls: in the same place, even after you've taken the shot.

-Rotate the camera with :rs: to change the direction of your shot, this enables you to stay at the same power level constantly whilst lining shots up far more accurately.

Ugh, naturally I got this on my fifth next try.... No real advice unfortunately except repetition... Not looking forward to the next instance of Coin Golf in Snowspire Village..

Really I guess just focus on trying to complete it first of all, this was the only time I actually finished all 4 holes without going over par or off the table, so there's that.

Here's the wiki's strategy, worked out for me, eventually.

"

• Round 1 - Aim left, at the tall skinny glass. You want to hit the right side edge of the glass just right. Use 90% power at first just to get your aim down. To get a hole in 1 you need to use about 98% power, hit it just right and get VERY lucky. If it doesn't go in on the first shot you will still be in an easy 2nd shot straight line.
  • Round 2 - Aim right of the big jug in the middle of the table, you will see a beer mug, you want to hit it just right with a shot that looks like it will miss the left side, but just barely hit the edge of it. Use 80-90% power until you get your bearings, 100% on a good shot will shoot it right through the hole and off the table. Again, if you don't get it in 1 shot, you at least have a second easy shot.
  • Round 3 - Aim to the far left, in the great distance you will see a skiny glass on the edge of the table. Hit it in the middle-right side and you will quickly learn the spot to hit, use 100% power and you'll probably get a lot of teasers just outside the ring and start thinking it can't make it, when one time it will. OF course, this hole provides on of the better 2nd shots, its so easy to get the aim down.
  • Round 4 - Aim to the right at the tall glass. You want to look very carefully at the screen, you can see the 3d texturing has a shadow on the inside edge (the far left of the base), if you hit that area just right, with a 100% power shot, your penny can go all the way down the table and even set you up for an easy 2nd shot. Most of the time, this hole requires 3 shots (9/10 times) and I do not see anyway of getting a hole in 1."

Note they seem to be using the default xbox controls? as they say pull opposite the direction you want, and I know I have inversion turned off and the Fable 2/3 control scheme and had to push the direction I wanted to go.

Thanks for posting the Wiki strategy. Helped me finally get the Oakvale doll. Damn, was a pain in the ass. You are right, the Snowspire one is easy compared to this one. Hooray, almost done with this game now.

I found this guys video on youtube: [ame=

]
[/ame]

It still took me 132 tries to finally get the first coin golf. My first rage at a game in a very long time lol. On the round 4/4 I went to the right instead of the left and seemed to help me. In Snowspire It seemed a little easier. I don't know if it was from spending so much time in Oakvale I was more used to the amount of power to use. Also, if you use slow time next to the pub guy, it scares him a bit. You should do it before getting near him. Hope this helps, this achievement was a pain for me just because of the coin golf.

Ugh the coin golf. I spent a good 30-40 minutes on the Oakvale one last night before my game froze (again) and was finally happy to nail it in 11 shots. Well that was until I found out I gotta play the damn thing again in another village.

For the card games with a timer, cast slow time outside the pub, then run in & start the game. The other option is a bit more involved, get a paper with a 4x4 grid, hit the xbox button to pause the game as the cards are turning & write down which cards are where. Should be able to make it under the time restraints with either option