New Site Feature: Avatar Awards

The Pants Party

With the recent patch of 'Splosion Man, a beta of Halo Waypoint (for ODST) and the release of the Lips expansion "Number One Hits," it appears the Avatar Awards game has officially begun. As always, we here at x360a strive to grow and expand as the Xbox community demands, and this is no exception.

Replacing the defunct "Cheats" link on each game's official page here on the "business" end of things, you will now find a link called "Awards" which will lead you to an overview of any Avatar Awards that can be earned from that game. Here are the first three games and the awards we have been able to get thusfar.

Yes, that is a female version of myself under 'Splosion Man, and yes, I still have yet to remember to change it back to male on Live. I look hot in heels though, eh? The other model is forum user x MrsMassacre x, who was kind enough to help us get this launch looking good.

I bet you're now thinking, "how can I help!?" Well, I'm glad you asked! The community has always been what drives this site, so here is yet another way to get involved. We clearly don't have all the awards just yet, and there will be plenty more to come in the future. At the moment we still need all the male-specific clothing for Lips and ODST. Coming soon will be Left 4 Dead 2 and the sky is the limit from there. I have updated the Submission Rules and Guidelines thread in the Submit section on the forums to include the process for submitting any Awards to the site. This process if very specific, so if you can help now or plan to in the future, check them out.

So, what do you all think? I hope you like the feature as much as we do. We have big plans still in store for the coming months and new year, so be sure to watch this space for future updates

UPDATE: Since its inception, many games have featured awards. Here is the complete list:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/awardables/

Edited by The Pants Party

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope more and more games utilize this, so that this feature will remain a feasible section of game overviews.

i still think "cheats" could work as a section too. a lot of people google "cheats" and it would be great if this site was a destination for it.

but, since cheats weren't used, this seems to be a better fit.

Hmm for some reason it doesn't show the prop?

That's because Props only show up on your Xbox, whether it be you in your My Xbox, or your friends in the Friends tab. The only way to capture a prop is to screen capture your xbox, or take a picture with a digital camera, neither of them are any good quality, unless you have an HD Capture Card.

That's because Props only show up on your Xbox, whether it be you in your My Xbox, or your friends in the Friends tab. The only way to capture a prop is to screen capture your xbox, or take a picture with a digital camera, neither of them are any good quality, unless you have an HD Capture Card.

Ahh ok then i was going to post the prop but i dont have a capture card... oh well :)

Have the awards been released to the players yet? My awards list still says "Awards will appear here", and I have played one of the games mentioned, Halo 3: ODST. I even put the game back in today, and continued save, then quit. I still do nothave awards for this game.

If they have been released, how to I get it so they show up, plus snce they award clothing for certain achievements, and some of those achievements I have, do the clothings appear in my avatar clothing bin? Or does it have to say I earned them through the Award section? Which isn't working for me :\.

Have the awards been released to the players yet? My awards list still says "Awards will appear here", and I have played one of the games mentioned, Halo 3: ODST. I even put the game back in today, and continued save, then quit. I still do nothave awards for this game.

If they have been released, how to I get it so they show up, plus snce they award clothing for certain achievements, and some of those achievements I have, do the clothings appear in my avatar clothing bin? Or does it have to say I earned them through the Award section? Which isn't working for me :.

The halo ones are under halo waypoint. It's the thing they announnced a week or so ago were it contains all information about all your halo games. It was downloadable for me yesterday under the spolight section on the dashboard, but I don't think it goes live to everyone till the 5th. It is called Halo Waypoint.