DLC dated

cbssi

UPDATE

Ubisoft have posted on their Twitter that the DLC's release is going to be sooner than expected: Feb. 18, 2010. No news on whether this will affect the content (the pre-order bonuses, I mean), but I will keep you updated.

Update again: The three pre-order maps can be purchased with this DLC, but they add 200 points onto the total price of the pack.

Original post:

The Bonfire of the Vanities will be released on February 25, and will also include the three bonus maps that were included in various versions of pre-orders of the game.

Source: http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/assassins-creed-2/dlc/

Edited by cbssi

The other memory blocks had achievements, so I don't know why The Battle of Forli didn't have one. Since this is more or less a continuation of memory block 12, hopefully there will be an achievement associated with it. As far as the bonus maps are concerned, I think they'll be added with this DLC because there were only 2 planned, unless they're thinking of making the bonus maps DLC #3. Of course that would suck since I already have two of the three that came with my Master Assassin Edition CE.

The other memory blocks had achievements, so I don't know why The Battle of Forli didn't have one. Since this is more or less a continuation of memory block 12, hopefully there will be an achievement associated with it. As far as the bonus maps are concerned, I think they'll be added with this DLC because there were only 2 planned, unless they're thinking of making the bonus maps DLC #3. Of course that would suck since I already have two of the three that came with my Master Assassin Edition CE.

well from that big plus on the DLC#2 pack id say they come with that... which is cool.

There are 4 extra challenge maps... the one with the CE edition, The gamestop pre-order one, and The best buy pre-order one. The final is on the U-play prize. Its 30 points and as you play the game you can get it. I unlocked it first and just got the throwing knives and the theme (theme sucks bad) on to Altair costume... And you get 40 points for beating the game... (when you make an account you get 10) The Uplay is the crypt in the base town.

Here's my theory on what's meant by "DLC3", hopefully it will clear things up. I think they mean that the Bonfire of the Vanities + 3 extra maps are "DLC3". DLC2 would be Bonfire of the Vanities by itself, and DLC3 is the the combo pack.

where are you guys seeing the words dlc3?

ahhh ok....

In that case id say typo.... because the official page has those listed with bonfire... and the official video never mentions a dlc3.... guess we have to wait and see though.

I'm thinking it may have been some sort of internal reference to the separate BotV and BotV+Bonus Maps packs, like I said in my post above. I'm hoping I'm wrong though because that sort of then says they wouldn't be releasing more DLC after BotV and I definitely want them to release more DLC.

I think they are calling it dlc3 because if u preordered assassins creed 2 u got a downloadable map with it.

but to get all 3 maps you had to pre-order at best buy and gamestop... and you must purchase the collectors edition...

this bonus dlc would allow those who didnt get the pre-orders or the collectors to play all three.... and those who did get a pre-order and the collectors to play the third

It needs achievs......or else i probly wont get it.

Agreed...I finally broke down and bought the Forli DLC and was extremely disappointed. As fun as AC2 was, I figured one more memory would be worth it. Very repetitive and the simple fact that they didn't include at least a "memory completion" cheevo sucked hard.